Premium Format Batman V Superman Batman Premium Format Figure

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
just unboxed mine and set it up. Looks great.

IMG_6064.JPG

IMG_6058.JPG

A couple of observations:

The gauntlets are metal and the tips are pretty sharp, this is a nice touch.
Sculpt and paint apps on the body are excellent.
The cape folds over the front of the cowl, so for folks worried about the shape of the cowl this is a none issue (see my photos)
Head sculpt is good, not perfect. The paint apps on the lips are weak, but the eyes, mask and face are pretty solid.

Overall it's a great looking piece!

- Art

just unboxed mine and set it up. Looks great.

View attachment 316640

View attachment 316641

A couple of observations:

The gauntlets are metal and the tips are pretty sharp, this is a nice touch.
Sculpt and paint apps on the body are excellent.
The cape folds over the front of the cowl, so for folks worried about the shape of the cowl this is a none issue (see my photos)
Head sculpt is good, not perfect. The paint apps on the lips are weak, but the eyes, mask and face are pretty solid.

Overall it's a great looking piece!

- Art

Winner winner, Chicken Dinner!!!

Man I wish I liked the movie more... This looks great.

Love the movie and love the statue. Got mine yesterday. Couldn't be happier. Only thing that bothers me is that he makes the Bale PF and MoS PFs look like teenagers next to him.

I hated the movie, but I love this Batman statue!

Thought the movie was just meh, after seeing the expanded version the movie went from meh to good for me. Best part of the film was Batman and now seeing these different pics I am absolutely excited to be getting my statue on Monday. Fingers crossed that mine meets my expectations. :)

The pose and overall statue look great, but the eyes and mouth/chin just don't look right. It's so odd, because they absolutely nailed the likeness for the Christian Bale statue.

Wow, didn't expect the gauntlets to be metal! Nice upgrade. I wish they had done that to the comic and Arkham PFs too, as those had longer and thinner fins on the gauntlets more prone to breaking.

... The cape folds over the front of the cowl, so for folks worried about the shape of the cowl this is a none issue (see my photos)

Congrats on the pick up.

For me, there is a tremendous flaw in the cowl design here. In the movie, the cape never fold up onto the cowl. The base of the cowl always extends below the cape, and is flat to the chest, and squared off. Moreover, the flat aspect to the front (and back for that matter) is that it sits flush nearly embedded in the musculature of the chest armour.

Details are what matter for me in these movie-related pieces. It has to be accurate.

VczUi_0iLT2x.jpg

If they wanted to be very accurate, there would be a thin break in the cowl and neck. You can clearly see it in the image above that Sammy posted. The cowl is not connected to the neck, as you can see in the picture below and in the film when he comes back after the chase sequence and he rips the cowl off.

batman-batsuit-ben-affleck.jpg

Congrats on the pick up.

For me, there is a tremendous flaw in the cowl design here. In the movie, the cape never fold up onto the cowl. The base of the cowl always extends below the cape, and is flat to the chest, and squared off. Moreover, the flat aspect to the front (and back for that matter) is that it sits flush nearly embedded in the musculature of the chest armour.

Details are what matter for me in these movie-related pieces. It has to be accurate.

View attachment 316895

Well said buddy. I feel the same. Actor likeness should look like the actor and so should the cowl. DC Direct 1:6 statue was more accurate.

I like it and the pose is good and costume looks good- the face is horrible. Not Affleck at all and where are the whiskers? Baffling!

Well said buddy. I feel the same. Actor likeness should look like the actor and so should the cowl. DC Direct 1:6 statue was more accurate.

But but...people are okay with that because then they can pretend its a comic statue! It's okay! Sideshow can keep churning out bad likenesses because then we can all pretend they are faceless comic statues!!!

Just opened mine up and I am VERY happy I ordered this. Portrait is good (looks like Affleck to me) and paint looks good. So far, so good.

In hand, the portrait does not look like ANY of the close up photos I have seen in this thread (thats a good thing). Mine seems to have a little more shading on the face than in the pic below but its pretty close.
attachment.php

Looking forward to your impressions.

405/500

Came out flawless, to me anyway. I was never crazy about likeness but I see a resemblance. But like epi above referenced, I prefer a faceless comic per se'. Mine has the 5 o'clock shadow, could be better but not worth complaining about. The belt's paint app is phenomenal, I'm more impressed with that than anything else.
Boots aren't shiny like some previously mentioned. The cape... meh.

Sorry no pics other than cell phone, wife has the camera.

Love your pictures, tofmovie, particularly the first one. In profile it can be seen that it's the same sculpt as the proto.

Looking forward to more photos!

Edit: Sometimes I wish Sideshow had first thought of the pose Iron Studios used for their 1/10 statue. I think it's simple, but fresh and still badass. I think it would have looked fantastic in quarter scale.

Back