Premium Format Batman V Superman Batman Premium Format Figure

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I think I know why the likeness issue of SS piece: because SS sculptor used Affleck general photo instead of BvS's which is kinda misleading since he had gained a lot of weight for the film hence the face in cowl looked different.
9014cf3cbec54dae3eff9708ed5c64d9.jpg
7b1c58862bc0fa2f958207d5e040fbe4.jpg
3c9011d628901988c269e715a51091f5.jpg

And you can tell from the Prime 1 half scale that they just used the movie's pics.
14f10d6eab88c626f9eb309a6d95e0a2.jpg

I think I know why the likeness issue of SS piece: because SS sculptor used Affleck general photo instead of BvS's which is kinda misleading since he had gained a lot of weight for the film hence the face in cowl looked different.

And you can tell from the Prime 1 half scale that they just used the movie's pics.

I'm not sure it's fair to infer what the source material would have been for each of the sculptors for SS or P1. Quite clearly, they would have done their homework and used appropriate references to sculpt their pieces. They are professionals.

Now, this is no way a defence of the SS sculpt, I think it majorly misses the mark on Affleck likeness... I also believe (someone can correct me if I am wrong) that P1 had access to 3D scans of the actors.

As a cinematic collector, the lack of likeness, and discrepancies in accuracy around the cowl are what drove me to cancel. Seeing it locally will eventually tell me whether that was the correct decision.

I got mine yesterday, I like it. The portrait could be more accurate, but these photos with the flash or bright lighting really harm this piece and its perception.

for those who are on the fence, don't let the hyper critical posts scare you from ordering this statue. Many comments are coming from folks who want a 100% movie accurate likeness, if that's the case then this is not for you. But the sculpt, suit, paint and pose are excellent and the portrait, while not 100% accurate, is fine and has a good likeness to Affleck.

for those who are on the fence, don't let the hyper critical posts scare you from ordering this statue. Many comments are coming from folks who want a 100% movie accurate likeness, if that's the case then this is not for you. But the sculpt, suit, paint and pose are excellent and the portrait, while not 100% accurate, is fine and has a good likeness to Affleck.

Not seeing Afleck in the headsculpt does not make me and others overly critical, but the $500 price tag and a head and cowl that is not accurate and a lazy paint application for the stubble does.

For now My single major gripe on this figure is the rounded tip of the cowl's neck. That's an issue that's undeniably there not due to bad pics, and something SSC shouldn't just let pass if they cared enough for true quality. It's a big deal for me as the BvS cowl is my 2nd personal favorite live-action cowl, next to Keaton's from Returns.

The rest I'd have to see in person if I can live with, just can't judge them through what few pics we have so far.

After canceling the EX I ordered the regular with free shipping last night. I have the MOS and will get the Wonder Woman so this one was a no brainer. Hopefully I'll have him in the next week or so. Not sure if the regular has started shipping yet. The order says "item in production".

I will get this at a good discount but not paying full price- the HS is too off and inaccurate cowl shape really is a big mistake....

This thing(ex) sold out? My wl converted in a day. Can't believe must be a lot of cancellations I felt.Cancelled it and kinda wanna wait a bit longer for promotional code for this.....

Back