Batman : Arkham Origins (2013) Asylum Prequel

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
For the in game store, it says the Black Mask Challenge Pack is free. But when I go to buy it, it only gives me the option to Cancel, and doesn't give any other options.

I thought maybe it was part of some pre-order bonus (I didn't pre-order), but if that was the case, it's weird that they offer to let you download it, if you aren't able to.

Does anyone know what's going on here?

Answer_Merz5Detail.png

Say what you want about the gameplay but the story for this game is one of the best bat stories ive seen. Surpasses tdkr and up there with earlier burton films and the dark knight. Joker was great in this and Bane felt like bane. He was a monster and a formidable opponent. Not some big guy with a weird voice.
I hope that future Bat films take a page from this games book. it doesnt always have to be realistic but it must be dark an alittle out there.

The gamplay wasnt anything special though. The story though is what really gripped me.
7/10 for me

Say what you want about the gameplay but the story for this game is one of the best bat stories ive seen. Surpasses tdkr and up there with earlier burton films and the dark knight. Joker was great in this and Bane felt like bane. He was a monster and a formidable opponent. Not some big guy with a weird voice.
I hope that future Bat films take a page from this games book. it doesnt always have to be realistic but it must be dark an alittle out there.

The gamplay wasnt anything special though. The story though is what really gripped me.
7/10 for me

:goodpost:

It's silly why some bat-fans flat out refuse to play this. The story is excellent, and this is the best Bane we've ever got outside the comics, more so than BTAS and TDKR.

The final fight with Bane is terrifying.

I just finished this and it is hands down one of the better Batman stories I've encountered. I noticed though that I still have a Most Wanted mission to unlock!

It's silly why some bat-fans flat out refuse to play this. The story is excellent, and this is the best Bane we've ever got outside the comics, more so than BTAS and TDKR.

It really is. It shows that Bane is not to be messed with and isnt just some silly weird voice sounding thug. I like how this game delves into how the joker feels about batman and what he would do to get him to break his vow.

I love that they got Bane extremely right in this game; it was just a superb incarnation. That being said...

*SPOILERS FOLLOW; IN CASE THE TAG WASN'T ENOUGH, DO NOT READ THIS UNTIL YOU'VE FINISHED THE GAME AND THE SUBSEQUENT CREDITS. IF YOU DON'T CARE OR ALREADY KNOW, HAVE AT THEE.*

Spoiler Spoiler:

I love that they got Bane extremely right in this game; it was just a superb incarnation. That being said...

*SPOILERS FOLLOW; IN CASE THE TAG WASN'T ENOUGH, DO NOT READ THIS UNTIL YOU'VE FINISHED THE GAME AND THE SUBSEQUENT CREDITS. IF YOU DON'T CARE OR ALREADY KNOW, HAVE AT THEE.*

Spoiler Spoiler:

Too bad they can't contradict the "Stupid Bane" already established in AA/AC. That being said, I would love it if Bane is back to form in Arkham 3. I mean, it's a comic book story after all, anything possible.

Did you beat the story mode, Batfan?

Too bad they can't contradict the "Stupid Bane" already established in AA/AC. That being said, I would love it if Bane is back to form in Arkham 3. I mean, it's a comic book story after all, anything possible.

Did you beat the story mode, Batfan?

Yeah, I had to rent the game, for the time being, and I'm on my own playthrough(not quite finished), but a friend of mine owns it and he and I literally spent the entire day Saturday beating it.:lol

As for Arkham Bane. There's a part of me that wishes he'd turn into Pre-New 52/Post-Knightfall comics Bane, in that the bulky, tiny headed monster disconnects and works his way through his addiction and back into peak mental and physical form/works his way back to being AO Bane.

Yes because the ao bane and joker were just perfect for me. This bane was smart and had a knightfall smarts to him. Not to mention he was hard to beat lol.

Because many of us don't think the $60 is justified for a glitchy Arkham City expansion.

I'm almost at the grand finale and I really don't get all the negative remarks on this game. One thing that I agree on is the fact that the hubworld/Gotham City is like a ghosttown. Although it is Xmas Eve; they should have included traffic and pedestrians...

You're wrong. Or perhaps you're just content to play the role of the contrarian. Either way, your loss.

I agree, and I beat the game yesterday. It doesn't feel really worth the $60, and I feel it is the weakest of the three so far. But I still think the game is a solid 8/10. It isn't a bad game, but when compared to the utter greatness of the first two it just feels like it's missing something.

I have to disagree there. It's rapidly becoming my favorite of the three as the story goes on. They took the best parts of Asylum and City and left out the outrageous stupidity that ruined City for me.

If this game were to be released back in 2009, it would have probably gotten a 10/10. If one could set their expectations appropriately for this, they'll have a good time.

I think it's perfectly justified if one refuses to buy this game. That being said, we already know a true Arkham sequel is in the works so why not content with this "expansion pack" till then? The story and the bit with Bane and grates alone is worth the price of admission.

I have to disagree there. It's rapidly becoming my favorite of the three as the story goes on. They took the best parts of Asylum and City and left out the outrageous stupidity that ruined City for me.

The problem I have with it is, I know where it's going. Asylum I thought I knew what we were doing but it kept on surprising me. I didn't have a clue what City was doing for a narrative and that's why I loved it. Plus it probably has my favorite video game ending ever. This one just felt meh. I liked the story, found it fun, but it wasn't something that caught me. I knew the end result, it was just a matter of getting there, which I felt took some of the greatness of the game away.

The other issue I have is it feels the same. Asylum was new head to toe. Then City came around, and it felt new head to toe because of how large the map was. This, though, doesn't feel new. Feels like I'm getting the same stuff as City with a new story. I know you can't do too much because it has to be in Gotham, and they did add to the map, but it all felt very similar, and I didn't care for that. It's a good game, but it lacked any surprise.

If this game were to be released back in 2009, it would have probably gotten a 10/10. If one could set their expectations appropriately for this, they'll have a good time.

I think it's perfectly justified if one refuses to buy this game. That being said, we already know a true Arkham sequel is in the works so why not content with this "expansion pack" till then? The story and the bit with Bane and grates alone is worth the price of admission.

I hated the Bane part. Felt a little bit too much like the Freeze fight from City.

If they plan on making more games,i hope they finally give fans a chance to control a vehicle.The Bat-Pod would be so freaking cool.

Back