1/6 Batman 1989: Batmobile Collectible Vehicle - Specs & Pics

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Re: Hot Toys Batman 1989: 1/6th scale Batmobile Collectible Vehicle - Specs & Pics

LOL..you're firing on all cylinders today Jye! Give this man the golden trophy...no, I mean the golden spoon...I mean, oh forget it!

wuts up old man

:wave :wave

Which one do u guys think is cooler and which one would u get if u could get just one, Nolan or Burton Batmobile

I think than 1989 batmobile is cooler but would like to hear your opinions

See my sig for your answer :lol

Re: Hot Toys Batman 1989: 1/6th scale Batmobile Collectible Vehicle - Specs & Pics

Which one do u guys think is cooler and which one would u get if u could get just one, Nolan or Burton Batmobile

I think than 1989 batmobile is cooler but would like to hear your opinions

Burton Batmobile hands down. The Tumbler is cool for what it is: a giant black tank. The '89 Batmobile, however, is a work of art and the coolest movie car ever IMHO. :cool:

Burton Batmobile hands down. The Tumbler is cool for what it is: a giant black tank. The '89 Batmobile, however, is a work of art and the coolest movie car ever IMHO. :cool:

Agree.:hi5:
There is something about that car no other car has. I remember I never had the same feeling again ever when I first saw 1989 Batmobile. No car ever created the same feeling for me.

The tumbler is very cool too though have to admit.

I'm still super stoked that im able to flexpay this badboy ...so thankful I'm gonna be able to own and so many awesome dx bats and jokers to go with it is AMAZING time for the batman collectors .....

Has anyone ever ordered from Comic Collectors Cove? think they are out of North Carolina.

I waited to long to pre-order this and the site I was going to order it from is sold out of pre-orders (AE), they were the best price by far, total would have been $607 plus $11 back in their rewards money, so $596 factoring that in). Now the cheapest seems to be BBTY at around $625. I just hate paying more than I should have for a PRE-ORDER! I guess I wasn't expecting stores to run out of pre-order slots almost 1 YEAR before the figure/toy comes out! :monkey2

I did find this Comic Collectors Cove who has it for around $597 but are saying that parcel post shipping for it (based on 30 lbs) is only $16, which puts the total right around $613 for me. $100 deposit though! which seems higher than other sites required and makes me skeptical as I have never heard of them.

Watched the movie???? the Batpod looks awesome on TDKR :hi5: , is a must buy!

have't seen the movie yet, hope I can go this weekend.
I think I'll get the batpod too :p
It dependes of my money state... I have a lot of POs, so lets see hows my payment state on a couple of months...
you will get it? how you will display it? I'm thinking to do a diorama for all the figures I have.

BTW the 89 batmobile is cooler than the tumbler, it's the definitive batmobile, the tumbler is more like a tank than a car, it's cool too, but the 89 one is more on the memory of everyone. and on the "details" side of the model, the 89 have beter interior than the tumbler, and with light up function.
I'll get them both, but if i have to choose one, it's the 89 all the way. :clap

Last edited:

I was on the wait list at Alter Ego since they were sold out of pre-orders and Josh just e-mailed me this afternoon to say a spot opened up. So, now I've officially got my order in for the '89 Batmobile. :yess: :yess: :yess:

I was on the wait list at Alter Ego since they were sold out of pre-orders and Josh just e-mailed me this afternoon to say a spot opened up. So, now I've officially got my order in for the '89 Batmobile. :yess: :yess: :yess:

:yess::yess::yess:
...:impatient:

Yeah, too bad it's not coming until next May. That is a LOOOOOONG way off.

Actually the new ETA for this is March.

I saw that March 2013 date on the OSW page on FB....maybe they'll lop off those last few flex payments for me. :pray:

I saw that March 2013 date on the OSW page on FB....maybe they'll lop off those last few flex payments for me. :pray:

actually it'll be prety cool that this on come up earlier... but I don't want to be to exited about this new date...

Unless the Batman PF or 1/4 HT Bats gets delayed (I'd prefer they don't), then it's going to be bad timing for me either way lol. Ideally for me, I hope this ships in April. If the ship date is moved up from May to say March, will SS charge the remainder of my flex-payments if I ask them to?

This vs Tumbler... so hard to choose... this was the first film I remember seeing in a theater...

This vs Tumbler... so hard to choose... this was the first film I remember seeing in a theater...

Batmobile '89, without a doubt.

I think my first flex payment for this starts this month.

I think my first flex payment for this starts this month.

correction your 1st smallest car payment you will ever make for a sports car...

Back