1/6 Batman 1989: Batmobile Collectible Vehicle - Specs & Pics

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Re: Hot Toys Batman 1989: 1/6th scale Batmobile Collectible Vehicle - Specs & Pics

This vs Tumbler... so hard to choose... this was the first film I remember seeing in a theater...

Am I the only one who likes the Tumbler better?

Re: Hot Toys Batman 1989: 1/6th scale Batmobile Collectible Vehicle - Specs & Pics

Am I the only one who likes the Tumbler better?

This is the '89 thread... so you will be alone around here :panic::panic:

I like thek both, but there's no doubt that the 89 batmobile is a piece of art, the definitive batmobile.

For the ones who didn't know the concept art from Anton Furst:

319200518184furstbatmobile02.jpg

1st flex payment is in the books. Only 9 more to go. Ha.

is anybody else here, that has ordered the 89 Batmobile, looking forward to recieving the protective shield that will cover the vehicle? This accessory was for me the deal clincher whn deciding to order. The fact that my Batmobile gets full 100% protection from dust, foreign bodies (YUK!) etc...makes me happy! Does anyone know if it will be just a straight forward cover that you place over the top or if it will be a retracting cover to give it that sense of movie realism?

is anybody else here, that has ordered the 89 Batmobile, looking forward to recieving the protective shield that will cover the vehicle? This accessory was for me the deal clincher whn deciding to order. The fact that my Batmobile gets full 100% protection from dust, foreign bodies (YUK!) etc...makes me happy! Does anyone know if it will be just a straight forward cover that you place over the top or if it will be a retracting cover to give it that sense of movie realism?

The shield comes with the batmobile, and it's almost a fact that this will be a protective cover, cause if not, the package will be huge!!! imagine the batmobile and the shield side to side on one box...
This cover will come protecting the batmobile for the shipping... I really don't think that this will be a retracting cover. The only I hope is that this come on a hard plastic

For me too, the shields were the clincher for me to place the order. Something about the concept of a car with retractable armor is just so cool to me and I'll never forget seeing it in the movie the first time.

Although, we don't really have any details on it...will it even fit over the car? It would be dumb for it not to...and what are the materials? Thin cheap vinyl that will rip and crack or a nice sturdy plastic?

So yeah, I placed my preorder mostly cause the shields were the selling point that tipped me over the edge. But now, months later, I'm having second thoughts.

It's SOOO damn expensive, and it's gonna be SOOO big. And we still don't know if Batman can even really fit in the car. If he can't, well, what's the point? It's just gonna be too huge...maybe it's a bad idea...

I was just looking at my toy shelves and it's getting a little overwhelming. A 3 foot plastic car might be the thing that changes it from "charming" to "weird." I don't know.

For me too, the shields were the clincher for me to place the order. Something about the concept of a car with retractable armor is just so cool to me and I'll never forget seeing it in the movie the first time.

Although, we don't really have any details on it...will it even fit over the car? It would be dumb for it not to...and what are the materials? Thin cheap vinyl that will rip and crack or a nice sturdy plastic?

So yeah, I placed my preorder mostly cause the shields were the selling point that tipped me over the edge. But now, months later, I'm having second thoughts.

It's SOOO damn expensive, and it's gonna be SOOO big. And we still don't know if Batman can even really fit in the car. If he can't, well, what's the point? It's just gonna be too huge...maybe it's a bad idea...

I was just looking at my toy shelves and it's getting a little overwhelming. A 3 foot plastic car might be the thing that changes it from "charming" to "weird." I don't know.

NOOO don't cancel this!!! I know it's huge, but It will be for sure the center piece of your collection. I'm sure that batman will fitt inside, but i'm not sure if it's a good idea to pose him like that, too much stress on the ruber :panic:
It's expensive, yes, but wait 1 year and It will cost x3, and then you will regret =/
I will get the 89 and the nolan batmobile... I'm still thinking about the batpod for a "space" issue, but the batmobiles are a must if you can get them!!!

I would probably never put my bats inside the car...I think the real attention grabber would be the classic shields seen....I plan to pose all my batman figures outside their respected vehicles.

I cancelled. Not without regret because I've wanted an 89mobile since I was a child but HT had to go and make it for release the year that I'm getting married. Its just too much expense for a single item in my circumstances. I would be murdered if this was delivered, and obviously there'd be no hiding it :gah:

You made the right choice.

And who knows, maybe after you get married the secondary market prices will come down. Get the Batmobile for "cheap".

Or take back/sell any useless wedding presents you get and buy the Batmobile.

And who knows, maybe after you get married the secondary market prices will come down. Get the Batmobile for "cheap".

Hoping if I can show that I am otherwise saving (and selling) like a mofo that I'll be given some leeway (sp?) so I can keep up with the Terminator/Predator/Robocop stuff but if not I'll be playing catch-up on those too..and in the meantime watching other people enjoying theirs - and thats really gonna hurt. :gah: I've never had to take a break from this before. I'm cutting back on posting here too at the moment...if I don't I run the risk of every post I make being.....^like this.

Given how these things usually go I can't imagine the Batmobile becoming cheap after release.

Given how these things usually go I can't imagine the Batmobile becoming cheap after release.

I think it will be the shipping cost on the secondary market that will keep the price high. I'm sure the Hot Toys distributors pay less to ship than we do as individuals.

Hot Toys never gets delays.

Nope, always on time!

But that is interesting considering it was originally slated for May.

Nope, always on time!

But that is interesting considering it was originally slated for May.

Maybe they figure that the delay won't hurt as much if it moves back to the original shipping date.

What did I miss, SS still showing May 2013.

Hot Toys said March for Asia.

May is probably about right for Sideshow though since us AMERICAN folk get this sort of stuff last. Bearing delays of course.

I wish this was coming out this holiday season so I could put it under the tree. Snow, lights, Batmobiles. It'd be like Batman Returns. Nothing says Christmas like mounted Browning Machine guns.

Well, my first flex pay was this month and the final one is for May of next year, which is SS's est. ship date.

My wife has really laid the hammer down with my purchases, but she was surprisingly supportive of both this and the Tumbler. No idea where I'm going to put them once I get them, but its nice to know I have the support.

Back