1/6 Batman 1989: Batmobile Collectible Vehicle - Specs & Pics

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Re: Hot Toys Batman 1989: 1/6th scale Batmobile Collectible Vehicle - Specs & Pics

Just wondering if anyone here is considering a repaint on this when they get it using a gloss black to match the Batman Returns car(kinda like Cinemaquette's version). I love this car, but I'd much rather have it in gloss black than the matte finish.

I've got two on pre-order, and the thought of a Batman Returns repaint has definitely crossed my mind. Not going to make it quite as glossy as the Cinemaquette though, since it was never like that in either movie.

The Camo Tumbler repaint makes me think Hot Toy's will release a "Batman Returns" version Batmobile anyway. The repaint is much simpler than the Tumbler's since there is no design on it. They'd also have to repaint the hubcaps and add the windshield wipers to make it truly movie-specific.

Re: Hot Toys Batman 1989: 1/6th scale Batmobile Collectible Vehicle - Specs & Pics

I've got two on pre-order, and the thought of a Batman Returns repaint has definitely crossed my mind. Not going to make it quite as glossy as the Cinemaquette though, since it was never like that in either movie.

The Camo Tumbler repaint makes me think Hot Toy's will release a "Batman Returns" version Batmobile anyway. The repaint is much simpler than the Tumbler's since there is no design on it. They'd also have to repaint the hubcaps and add the windshield wipers to make it truly movie-specific.

I was under the impression this was the Returns version, as it has the under belly lifter to give it the 180 degree turn, as seen in returns.

Yeah, but it has the guns and the grappling hook that weren't used in Returns, the shields are the 89 style, not the Returns style, the hubcaps are gunmetal rather than glossy black with silver bat centers, it doesn't have the Returns windshield wipers, and to top it all off... it is being released under the 'Batman 89' banner. I bet they included the turntable (and batdiscs) because it is one more neat feature, but overwhelmingly this is more representative of details of the 89 version than the Returns version.

I was under the impression this was the Returns version, as it has the under belly lifter to give it the 180 degree turn, as seen in returns.

I think it's the '89 Batmobile but with added extras from Batman Returns. More bang for your buck if you will.

It's "Returns" in gadgets/features only. Hide the batdiscs, the side plane shinbreakers and the rotating detachable base and it's the '89 version.

Like Dark Magic said, no gloss, no windshield wipers.

Good points there.
I looked at is as the Returns because of the turntable, but included the guns etc as they would still be part of the vehicle - the reverse applies for the 89 version. It would have thhe turntable - but wasn't used in the movie !!
I have two on pre order but one is for a friend. I doubt I'll paint this in any way, as I'm going to leave it as is. Good thing about the shield - sitting side by side, you get two Batmobiles for the proce of one !!!

Is there any real difference between the 89 Batmobile and the Returns batmobile?? I can't see any..

Is there any real difference between the 89 Batmobile and the Returns batmobile?? I can't see any..

In overall design, no. Just the paint scheme.

If you decide to repaint yours and find someone good who can do it please let me know as I would be interested in having it done as well.

Finally POd this bad boy. Damn, my Tumbler is still in storage. But this the the most iconic Batmobile to make it on the big screen. It's a must!

I've loved this design since the off. Back in the day I had a house phone that was this Batmobile. So looking forward to playing with, I mean displaying this.

Still debating between this and the CM what are people thoughts who have seen both in person. what 1 do you think is better. I know 1 is a little bigger but the size dont bother me their both large anyway.

I think you're underestimating the size... this thing is more than large.

I have seen the CM and that was pretty big. How much bigger is the hot toys?

I have seen the CM and that was pretty big. How much bigger is the hot toys?

I think the Hot Toys version is slightly bigger (approx 3 inches more in length) also the Cm doesnt come with the armour shield cover. By the way in regards to the shield cover i take it that it will be designed to just place over the top of the batmobile rather than one that is retractable (for example, one side slots in at the back and then you have to pull the armour out and it slides over he car?

Sorry, you must've misunderstood, my point was regarding the shield armour, what batman activates during the film to protect it from intruders not the actual weapons as such....

I wasn't responding to your post. Sorry if you misinterpreted that. They show off some of the improvements, and they keep getting buried.

Back