1/6 Batman 1989: Batmobile Collectible Vehicle - Specs & Pics

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Maybe you could use the PFD for it, but i agree it is a lot of cash. I flexed it which made it a lot less painful. I could see the 66 going for over $700 when it goes up for PO.
I barely had room for the 89, I have no space for any others vehicles this size without knocking down some walls.

I was thinking flex would ease the pain, but I can't help but think long term on this(not usually my style) and $800 total just grabs my attention.

PFD is going towards Invisalign for my wife, I told her if she wants it she's gots to give up her yearly Louis purse and we can use our dividends to cover what insurance won't. Sad part is I'm probably going to have to get her a Louis for Christmas now and that gives me heart burn. First world problems yo.

I just got mine today through SSC, and thankfully it arrived scratch free thanks to that additional layer of protection (plastic bag), I can't understand how that wasn't originally included

Truth?????

Yeah, man. I only have an old Mitsubishi Lancer, which I also used to pick up my Tumbler last year. The Tumbler barely fits in the backseat, that's why I knew the 1989 Batmobile might not, but having no other choice I thought I'd give it a try. I did, and the backdoors won't close, so I have to just go back with a rental van this weekend.

That's awesome and weak at the same time. Cool that its so substantial and sucks that you have to she'll out even more cash just to get it home.

That's awesome and weak at the same time. Cool that its so substantial and sucks that you have to she'll out even more cash just to get it home.

Yeah, it's a bummer that I'd have to spend $30 more, but I thought it's still not bad as being charged as much as $100 for shipping like most of my buddies in the US experienced. I got the Batmobile for retail price anyway, and since it's a local brick and mortar store that's an hour drive from home, I can just pick it up. I wish the store offered free delivery for the money I spent on it, though :lol

Did anyone else pre-order on OneSixthBruce?

I can't get a hold of WaiMan, I have written him 3 times the last couple weeks, but I have yet to get an answer.

Has anyone heard when he's getting the Batmobile?

He replied to my text last night regarding the 1/6 Bats and Robin figures...not sure why he's not replying to mails :dunno

Yeah, it's a bummer that I'd have to spend $30 more, but I thought it's still not bad as being charged as much as $100 for shipping like most of my buddies in the US experienced. I got the Batmobile for retail price anyway, and since it's a local brick and mortar store that's an hour drive from home, I can just pick it up. I wish the store offered free delivery for the money I spent on it, though :lol

Dude if you didn't have to pay shipping you came out way ahead. Shipping for me is just over $170. Putting this a little past the limit of what I'm willing to pay for a car I cant sit in. I still might break down and order this at some point, but time will tell.

Dude if you didn't have to pay shipping you came out way ahead. Shipping for me is just over $170. Putting this a little past the limit of what I'm willing to pay for a car I cant sit in. I still might break down and order this at some point, but time will tell.

Whoa. Sorry to hear that, man. I know it's a great piece, but yeah, I wish the shipping charges weren't that bad in the US. that's insane.

I can't imagine how much those going through ebay are going to pay for this item as well. Apart from shipping, I doubt an item this big and heavy can be declared of low value without stirring doubts.

Sigh. THIS THING IS SO HUGE IT WON'T FIT IN MY SEDAN.

I gotta book a $30/5 hour van rental for the weekend to pick up this monster.
I believe you!

Here's when I picked mine up with my Toyota Rav4: :panic:
attachment.php

@HeubertMichael, glad that yours finally arrived. Did you get a chance to open it up and inspect it for scratches? What about if you completely recline the passenger seat so it's flat and put it up front? Still doesn't fit?

If you can open it up at the store, I would have just taken it out of the box, inspected it and if all is good, carefully re-wrap it in plastic+bubble wrap+a thick soft blanket and put it in the passenger seat. Then flatten the two boxes and slide them in the back with all of the packing materials. And I wouldn't worry about any damage on the repack and drive home...after all, no one is going to be more careful with your new toy than its owner.

It's listed on amazon japan right now for $340. brand new. $5 shipping.

I'm so tempted.............

Whoa. Sorry to hear that, man. I know it's a great piece, but yeah, I wish the shipping charges weren't that bad in the US. that's insane.

I can't imagine how much those going through ebay are going to pay for this item as well. Apart from shipping, I doubt an item this big and heavy can be declared of low value without stirring doubts.

Yeah probably a pain to import, that would crazy. Didn't think of dutie fees until now.

Back