1/6 Batman 1989: Batmobile Collectible Vehicle - Specs & Pics

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Pic isn't showing up, Stachel.
I've also been struggling to use Flickr ever since Apple shut down MobileMe image galleries (which worked flawlessly, grr!). My photos show up for a while here and then disappear. Stachel's appeared when I checked the thread earlier this morning, and now like you all I see is "this photo is currently unavailable". The majority of the photos I shared here a few weeks ago are all MIA as well :mad:

Thanks Brent and Spanbauer for the heads up. Went back to Flicker account page to find no photos. Am I missing a save photo set step or somthing? Perhaps I'll try a different service.

Thanks Brent and Spanbauer for the heads up. Went back to Flicker account page to find no photos. Am I missing a save photo set step or somthing? Perhaps I'll try a different service.
I'm still trying to figure it out myself; appears to be a permissions thing. I've learned that if you alter the permissions of an image at Flickr, it changes the filename so all of your links will break. But I had about 40 images shared here that had become "currently unavailable" without me altering them at Flickr's site - which makes me think the filenames don't remain consistent anyhow.

Last edited:
I just received my 2nd from BBTS and it's scratched too. Compared to the others it's minor and thankfully only on one side (one side of the canopy and back towards the circle window is perfect, the other side gouged). My armor/shield cocoon's wheel was popped off in the package though, so that sucks. I don't know if I'm going to settle on that though. My plan was to cherry pick and hopefully get a "perfect one" sans scratches, but between Sideshow, CSC and BBTS that doesn't seem too likely. I'm actually still sitting on the Sideshow one that I have to return (have until the 5th of next month and the shipping label applied, ready to go) just in case these others were somehow worse.

That's where I think I'll draw the line, this is getting a little ridiculous, frivolous and frankly a waste of money. I just cancelled another one from Sideshow last minute because I'm sure that one will be scratched too. I don't want to take the chances and have to eat $112 to ship it back to them. Thankfully they applied the $63 NRD to my DX 13 Terminator order.

I did just order one from Warner Bros. on Saturday with that sweet deal so I'll see how that turns out before I throw in the towel. If it wasn't for these damage/return policies, I'd be ****ed. The credit card bill and keeping track of what I've done is a little agonizing and draining on my mind though so naturally I keep questioning if this quest/pursuit for a "perfect" one is even worth it in the end before it's all said and done.

Ready Guns!!!!!!

89Bm11.jpg
89Bm12.jpg
89Bm13.jpg
89Bm14.jpg

Batman is Pleased......

89Bm2.jpg

Great shots! Those guns look awesome.

...The credit card bill and keeping track of what I've done is a little agonizing and draining on my mind though so naturally I keep questioning if this quest/pursuit for a "perfect" one is even worth it in the end before it's all said and done.

That's why I am living with my scratched Batmobile. No point in trying to get another because once I know the packaging is the cause of the damage, you can only hope and pray the UPS folks are gentle with your big ol' box. I count myself fortunate enough that my scratches are bearable...

Pissed off I am, angry I am, but order more I will not!

Bidding for my mint defect free one starts at $1,000. J/k

These are getting damaged via ups or fedex. CSC had all theirs,arrive via frieght, so they all came together, probally on a pallet. All SSC and BBTS had to to do was open the box and apply a thick plastic over it, but they wouldnt.

Last edited:
I would seriously at this point tell BBTS to throw out the ****ing shield or do whatever they want with it as long as they didn't put it back in with the batmobile.

I would seriously at this point tell BBTS to throw out the ****ing shield or do whatever they want with it as long as they didn't put it back in with the batmobile.

That couldn't be good for the bottom of the vehicle that's screwed into place though. The shield does make for a good buffer with those foam protectors. Without it, that Batmobile would move around and hit the 3 Styrofoam inserts in the box and shuffle around.

All Hot Toys had to do was place a 8x8 inch square plastic layer/bib or something on top of the canopy section like they do with some of their figures and I think everything would have been fine.

Eventually, the second hand market will develop a pricing model based on level of scratches...

pristine...$$$$$
light scratches...$$$
visible scratched...$$
pretty banged up...$

I'm just kidding...

Yeah, I bet even the scratched ones will go for significantly higher than retail once these are sold out everywhere.

Well guys my second one is arriving tomorrow here in the UK from BBTS. Due to work I 'm not going to have time to open it till Sunday. I'm just praying this one is ok as first was badly scratched

Sideshow posted this guy's video review on FB. Cracks me up how he goes on to say, "It's EXTREMELY well packaged and very well padded giving you a sense that even if you got this shipped to you it should be relatively safe along the way."

:lol What's "relative" to you, pal? :rotfl :rotfl :rotfl

https://bit.ly/16DJ5Zs

[ame]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6qdDbBQNshU&list=TLkYpCwUMvWas[/ame]

Sorry to hear of all the damage issues but in the case of getting a perfect one is this thing worth the asking price? Been considering ordering for a while. Worries about all the damage issue but also wondering about the over all quality vs cost.

Thanks guys.

Back