1/6 Batman 1989: Batmobile Collectible Vehicle - Specs & Pics

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I have a question are the damage issues, are the scratches deep or just paint scuffs as in you can get paint thinner to get off?

I don't think many of the scratches are deep like if someone keyed it, but even for the ones that are very light, I definitely would not try to treat this with paint thinner.

I'm hoping I get it this week with the 2 day/Next day shipping option. I was just curious when they'll actually start shipping them.

This will be my last attempt at a scratch free one. I hope it's this week from WB because I don't want to cut it too close to the time I need to return the others. If the one from WB is scratched too, I'll just cherry pick the best one and deal I guess.

I don't think many of the scratches are deep like if someone keyed it, but even for the ones that are very light, I definitely would not try to treat this with paint thinner.

I do model cars as hobby and all those anime robots and stuff, if it's not deeply scratched I can removed it very carefully, one might even use a regular pencil eraser if it's not that heavy based paint.

Anyone been tempted to play with their batmobile and pretend to cruise around? lol

Last edited:
Sorry to hear of all the damage issues but in the case of getting a perfect one is this thing worth the asking price? Been considering ordering for a while. Worries about all the damage issue but also wondering about the over all quality vs cost.

Thanks guys.
Honestly no, it's not worth the asking price. I love the thing don't get me wrong, but its a big plastic toy car. For what it is, $300 would have been a fair price. It's not like their figures where every one needs to be meticulously hand-painted and assembled, with costumes that need to be hand-sewn and fitted.

Honestly no, it's not worth the asking price. I love the thing don't get me wrong, but its a big plastic toy car. For what it is, $300 would have been a fair price. It's not like their figures where every one needs to be meticulously hand-painted and assembled, with costumes that need to be hand-sewn and fitted.

Presumably you're talking in an ideal world where the figures themselves weren't approaching $300 before shipping. Because if the figures almost cost 300 there's no way the car could only cost that.

Just an update on this. I called up UPS after my package arrived damaged due to the fact that BBTS checked to make sure it was flawless meaning it got damaged in transport without a doubt. That was Friday, today they got back to me and told me I needed to take it up with BBTS which I had already notified of the problem as well...no idea what will happen from here it will likely take days until something is resolved.....*sigh I hate having this thing in it's box....I want to see it in all it's glory but now I just have this annoying wait....

Yeah, I don't think it's "worth it" either but then again, I don't think any Hot Toys collectibles are "worth" the asking price anymore. I think $400 would be more reasonable when most figures are $300 or close to it anyway. Maybe even $500. I definitely think it should have been more than the Tumbler which didn't really come with anything and was still in the $400 range.

True, it's a big, glorified chunk of plastic but then again, what did we all expect? What else could/should it have been?

I remember early on when everyone was throwing out the $900, $950 price guesses for what it would actually cost before so $630 seemed like a happy medium. I was A-OK with it until we got duped with the $100+ shipping price (especially after being told multiple times that it would cost $30-$40 to ship) and then all this quality control BS with the scratches.

This thing does have a presence though and I can't really think what would make it better other than a pull out turbine engine feature and maybe an alternate canopy with windshield wipers for a second option.

I do model cars as hobby and all those anime robots and stuff, if it's not deeply scratched I can removed it very carefully, one might even use a regular pencil eraser if it's not that heavy based paint.

Anyone been tempted to play with their batmobile and pretend to cruise around? lol

Ah I see. Well if you know what you're doing and willing to take the risk, more power to you, I wish you the best of luck. I've got a little bit of hobby painting experience (very little) and I don't think I'd be confident in my own ability to surgically apply the just the right amount of thinner to a scratch without making the whole thing worse.

As for your second question, I'm a grown man! But this is the Batmobile! I'm not exactly vrroom-vrrooming with it on the floor like I did with cars as a kid, but I'm definitely enjoying its detailed features.

My status says processing.. I just checked.. I bet I'll receive a tracking # tonight or an email will generated after midnight...:)

What shopping option did you pick? I went with 2 day air, then called in to get it next day.

Warner Bros. has had the best price in town so far. I was blown away on the shipping deal.

I did next day but it hasn't shipped yet. I was expecting it to ship tomorrow anyways since it says ships in 1 day on their site and I placed my order on Saturday.

What shopping option did you pick? I went with 2 day air, then called in to get it next day.

Warner Bros. has had the best price in town so far. I was blown away on the shipping deal.

$15 for next day was ridiculous on this. Props to WB!

I also did the 2 day... so far best price and that's why they are soooold out...:)

Sorry to hear of all the damage issues but in the case of getting a perfect one is this thing worth the asking price? Been considering ordering for a while. Worries about all the damage issue but also wondering about the over all quality vs cost.

Thanks guys.

I have to disagree with Spanbauer on this one. I think the car is absolutely worth it warts and all. I've had the Tumbler since last Dec. and always thought a 1/6 vehicle couldn't get any cooler than that, but this '89 Batmobile blows it out of the water in the WOW factor department. It's absolutely stunning in person and if you love the '89 car as much as I do(and I love it a lot) it's a no brainer.

Presumably you're talking in an ideal world where the figures themselves weren't approaching $300 before shipping. Because if the figures almost cost 300 there's no way the car could only cost that.

Its an interesting idea, how much 'should' the car cost?

We always say that its the amazingly life like head sculpts, complex paint apps ....and labour intensive stitching and tailoring that give figures such a high price.

so if a vehicle features none of these things, what are we being asked to pay for ? Just sheer size? .....well the size is impressive, no arguing there!

As much as I like the gadgets and Batman Returns features I would have been fine if they dropped the armor shield cocoon, turntable stand, discs, shin breakers and even the grappling hooks.

I would have been fine with just,

- The Batmobile (with opening cockpit canopy for two figures and all the light features)
- pop up machine guns
- magnet tool for panels

Surely without that armor cocoon, turntable, discs, etc. we'd be looking at a $400-$500 collectible?

Back