1/6 Batman 1989: Batmobile Collectible Vehicle - Specs & Pics

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
There is a member on this forum that told me he used to own a comic shop so he knows the business. The idea is if BBTS adds a piece of foam or cloth this would create a liability because it changes the factory design of the packing. I agree with you 100% Mike @ BBTS assured me it would be blemish free but as we now know the shipping from BBTS to our homes is where the damage is happening. I guess they want us to keep ordering until we get a perfect one delivered to our homes. Mine will be deliverd on Wednesday. I'm gonna think the worst and hope for the best .

How do you know that?

All these pics of damaged Batmobiles make me sad:gah:
But then I look at mine and...... :hi5:

89Bm1.jpg
89Bm3.jpg
89Bm8.jpg
89Bm5.jpg
89Bm9.jpg

89Bm4.jpg

What a SeXy BeAsT!!!!!!

89Bm10.jpg

Last edited:
How does anyone know that it is flawless before it shipped from BBTS to you? Because they said so? Somebody saying something is not evidence or "proof" of anything. It would be better if they sent photos of the "flawless" Batmobile focused on the canopy and the area right behind it...just to make sure that their CSR idea of "flawless" is the same as the customer's idea of what "flawless" means. For all we know, when BBTS "inspects" these for damage, they open them up and say "Yup, this one has the damage. SHIP ANYWAY!"

If it really got from HT to BBTS "flawless", but then it got damaged between BBTS and you, that's not "proof" that HT didn't provide adequate protection at all....after all, according to the BBTS rep, it made it from HK to the US perfectly fine, and then got damaged after they opened it to inspect and repackage it for shipping to you. If anything, that suggests (not proves) the Batmobile was damaged sometime after BBTS opened and repacked it.

I didn't get mine from BBTS I got it from CSC. I know Richard and he was aware of the situation and what to look for and it was FLAWLESS before he shipped it out. The scratch to my canopy occurred during shipping from UPS.

How do you know that?

We don't officially know for sure but if BBTS is inspecting them saying it is flawless and not taking the time to properly align the Cocoon shield back on then yes technically it left BBTS flawless and the Rock rattle roll of 1600 miles of travel has caused the poorly designed Hot Toys manufacture packing tolerances to be the problem. There are 2 reports so far where members have received a BBTS inspection note in the box certifying it is perfect but when it arrived there was damage in pretty much the same area as everyone else. I don't know how this saga will end for me. I will know more on Wednesday and will report back. I will take pics as I open the box and maybe even a video.

All of the people that ordered from WB may get a perfect Batmobile if they choose next day air ship. Maybe since it will be on a plane it will be handled less than when it's ground. The plane ride will be like a first class transporation vessel the Batmobile. If you were lucky to get it from WB and ordered overnight air shipment please report back to us.

:

All of the people that ordered from WB may get a perfect Batmobile if they choose next day air ship. Maybe since it will be on a plane it will be handled less than when it's ground. The plane ride will be like a first class transporation vessel the Batmobile. If you were lucky to get it from WB and ordered overnight air shipment please report back to us.

I did 2nd Day, so I hope that helps. :panic:

I did next day air from WB Shop so I'll let you know what happens. Hopefully it doesn't get tossed around on the plane or the baggage handlers. If it's damaged it's going back.

I am in NJ and am scratch free (this was even after I dropped the box). The box was heavy and awkward and it slipped out of my hands, hit the side of my car and fell on the ground...but no damage at all!

I get to open mine today. As mine didn't have to travel far, it should be ok.
The store had three in, and they were stacked on top of each other. My delivery label was taped to the top one.

Are the majority of the damage-free ones in California? It sure seems like it. :(

New York City here, arrived perfect direct from SS.

There's a lot of assumption in this thread that if a retailer says your Batmobile is perfect, (and even includes a certified note!) that it means that it matches your idea of perfect.

Simple question: what do you think happens to the ones they open and find damaged? You think SS is dragging their feet taking returns from us but it will just take boxes and boxes of returns from them? :lol

No. These retailers have to unload these Batmobiles just like SS did. There is absolutely zero incentive for them to just eat the cost of multiple damaged Batmobiles, or sell them at reduced "damaged" price while it is still in stock and people can take a chance ordering somewhere else.

So what do these "trusted" retailers do when they open up a Batmobile and it's got scratches?

Ship anyway.

I know Richard at CSC is *meticulous* so if he says it was flawless I trust him!

Nice!

Hopefully yours doesn't have any scratches. Still waiting for mine from Super Power Collectibles, they should have them in the next week or so.

The owner from that site told me they won't get anymore in stock period. I received that message from him a day ago.

Last edited:
New York City here, arrived perfect direct from SS.

There's a lot of assumption in this thread that if a retailer says your Batmobile is perfect, (and even includes a certified note!) that it means that it matches your idea of perfect.

Simple question: what do you think happens to the ones they open and find damaged? You think SS is dragging their feet taking returns from us but it will just take boxes and boxes of returns from them? :lol

No. These retailers have to unload these Batmobiles just like SS did. There is absolutely zero incentive for them to just eat the cost of multiple damaged Batmobiles, or sell them at reduced "damaged" price while it is still in stock and people can take a chance ordering somewhere else.

So what do these "trusted" retailers do when they open up a Batmobile and it's got scratches?

Ship anyway.

Now someone is talking....

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk HD

Yeah, and what does he do with the ones that AREN'T flawless??

Exactly. Imagine if 90 pct are scratched up. Do you think these retailers will fight back with HT or SS. We are all responsible for this. Back in time the samurai predator was a massive blunder however with cooked up stories SS was able to sell it ... Slow... But able to sell it throuhg the retailer network. Why, cause everyone accepted it. Eventually they will sell these too. Only if collectors step up and say nothing doing. All bad ones have to go back, and wont accept any rebate dollars, promise you these will be available for half the cost and also SS and HT will change their attitude. They really need to take a big hit, or a schock in form of a monitory loss to realise this. So far the 100 dollars they are loosing is well buffered in a plastic car that was sold at 700.

I am sure many of us collectors are well educated and with business degrees to realise how the pricing models work. They are safe and sound so far, until people just refuse to accept these with scuffs and keep patiently sending back.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk HD

Back