1/6 Batman 1989: Batmobile Collectible Vehicle - Specs & Pics

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
The 89 Batmobile just exudes sexiness. It's probably one of my favorite movie cars. I want a good one so bad. :panic:

It is my favorite movie cars as well...that's why I preorder this way early...I'm glad that my scratches are still bearable and I don't have to suffer too much anguish yet...but it is still a kick in the gut. You would think they have learned from the 1st release Tumbler packaging fiasco...

To those who are not so lucky, I really feel your pain.

No that was the life size Han Solo in Carbonite that arrived in a wooden crate. ;)

It'd be cool if Boba Fett delivered it to you in the Slave I.

I don't have any life-size stuff myself. This Batmobile is pushing the boundaries of the maximum size of collectibles I'm willing to have in my collection. They come out with some really neat stuff, but I just don't have any room and doubt I ever will in my lifetime for something like a 1:6 scale Rancor or Batwing. It sounds cool in theory, but would be impractical for me to try to own.

welp I got mine. :(

i was real excited atfirst cuz the side I looked upon when i first opened her up was blemish free...then ofcourse the other side was scratched on canopy and back part. devestated!

bbts inspected too so i dunno what went wrong. my first one liek this from sideshow, then the second, now this one aswell. i think itts time to give it up. :gah how did peeps get minty onesI need to know!!!

Ok now I'm extremely worried:panic::panic::panic: I'm about to send my order from BBTS back in exchange for a new one,and I told them the only way I would accept this offer was if its been inspected before delivery but it seems as if that doesn't matter :slap:gah::monkey2

Nope, just because they inspect it doesn't guarantee you'll get a good one. That's been proven by a couple members here already.

Yeah mine was inspected and was certified flawless BEFORE it shipped. Mine was the result of shipping. Proof that Hot Toys did not provide adequate protection between the shield and the car. This is a shipping NIGHTMARE. If you are lucky and got a good one you are sitting on a rare commodity.

Yeah mine was inspected and was certified flawless BEFORE it shipped. Mine was the result of shipping. Proof that Hot Toys did not provide adequate protection between the shield and the car. This is a shipping NIGHTMARE. If you are lucky and got a good one you are sitting on a rare commodity.

How does anyone know that it is flawless before it shipped from BBTS to you? Because they said so? Somebody saying something is not evidence or "proof" of anything. It would be better if they sent photos of the "flawless" Batmobile focused on the canopy and the area right behind it...just to make sure that their CSR idea of "flawless" is the same as the customer's idea of what "flawless" means. For all we know, when BBTS "inspects" these for damage, they open them up and say "Yup, this one has the damage. SHIP ANYWAY!"

If it really got from HT to BBTS "flawless", but then it got damaged between BBTS and you, that's not "proof" that HT didn't provide adequate protection at all....after all, according to the BBTS rep, it made it from HK to the US perfectly fine, and then got damaged after they opened it to inspect and repackage it for shipping to you. If anything, that suggests (not proves) the Batmobile was damaged sometime after BBTS opened and repacked it.

Honestly I agree... I think this we will inspect it before shipping is a load of crap.. I think most will have this problem and they are betting that most will keep it... I have mine coming from the WB Shop this week.. I'm expecting their to be scratches... If not awesome.. but it looks like most if not all have this problem..:( Scratches aside, it's an amazing Bat piece!!! Can't wait for the 1966 one! One sheet of plastic wrap or a protective foam sheet over the car and Shazam... no scratches...god HT what would that have cost 2 cents a unit..... Well I'm still stoked to get one!

How does anyone know that it is flawless before it shipped from BBTS to you? Because they said so? Somebody saying something is not evidence or "proof" of anything. It would be better if they sent photos of the "flawless" Batmobile focused on the canopy and the area right behind it...just to make sure that their CSR idea of "flawless" is the same as the customer's idea of what "flawless" means. For all we know, when BBTS "inspects" these for damage, they open them up and say "Yup, this one has the damage. SHIP ANYWAY!"

If it really got from HT to BBTS "flawless", but then it got damaged between BBTS and you, that's not "proof" that HT didn't provide adequate protection at all....after all, according to the BBTS rep, it made it from HK to the US perfectly fine, and then got damaged after they opened it to inspect and repackage it for shipping to you. If anything, that suggests (not proves) the Batmobile was damaged sometime after BBTS opened and repacked it.

Fully agree with you on this.. Was thinking to myself did they really inspect it? Certified?!

even if they took pictures, people will still say "How can you be sure it's your batmobile, they could have taken a picture of a good one and sent it to you." You're not gonna be able to get a perfect guarantee. The best way was what CSC did, which unfortunately not everyone will have the opportunity to do, have the customer come into the store open a box and inspect it themselves before take-home.

It's unfortunate that these things are getting damaged somewhere. These boxes are huge and takes a lot of space. I can almost see these delivery guys getting pssed at seeing this huge box to be delivered taking up space and effort.

IF the damages are occurring during shipping, I think the problem may be the styrofoam in the middle. That part is the weakest in the support area and the most vulnerable.

I will say this, when I inspected my box and btw it fell off on its side TWICE, I put in a clean trashbag in between the shield and the batmobile and was able to close the box. It was still fine and clean. If these stores did inspect them and they still arrived damaged to the customers, then they know for a fact it's because of the delivery. Why not offer customers the chance to have a piece of thick cloth to cover the canopy area , where the damage occurs, and offer it to customers with an additional fee of 10 to $ 15 for the cost of the cloth material?

Well, I sent mine back yesterday and headed to CSC to try and get a clean one. The first one I inspected had a deep scratch not from shipping. It looked like someone took a key to it. Nothing I've seen in the photos uploaded here. The second, no scratches... Until I got home and set it in the display case. I found a very small scuff that's barely visible. I'll keep it.

If anyone can pick up from CSC, I highly recommend you do so. Pics in case later.

Last edited:
even if they took pictures, people will still say "How can you be sure it's your batmobile, they could have taken a picture of a good one and sent it to you." You're not gonna be able to get a perfect guarantee. The best way was what CSC did, which unfortunately not everyone will have the opportunity to do, have the customer come into the store open a box and inspect it themselves before take-home.

It's unfortunate that these things are getting damaged somewhere. These boxes are huge and takes a lot of space. I can almost see these delivery guys getting pssed at seeing this huge box to be delivered taking up space and effort.

IF the damages are occurring during shipping, I think the problem may be the styrofoam in the middle. That part is the weakest in the support area and the most vulnerable.

I will say this, when I inspected my box and btw it fell off on its side TWICE, I put in a clean trashbag in between the shield and the batmobile and was able to close the box. It was still fine and clean. If these stores did inspect them and they still arrived damaged to the customers, then they know for a fact it's because of the delivery. Why not offer customers the chance to have a piece of thick cloth to cover the canopy area , where the damage occurs, and offer it to customers with an additional fee of 10 to $ 15 for the cost of the cloth material?

There is a member on this forum that told me he used to own a comic shop so he knows the business. The idea is if BBTS adds a piece of foam or cloth this would create a liability because it changes the factory design of the packing. I agree with you 100% Mike @ BBTS assured me it would be blemish free but as we now know the shipping from BBTS to our homes is where the damage is happening. I guess they want us to keep ordering until we get a perfect one delivered to our homes. Mine will be deliverd on Wednesday. I'm gonna think the worst and hope for the best .

You could always cut a panel to size and lay it on top of your two detolfs for a right sized platform

:borg "Resistance is Futile"

yeah that's not a bad idea. I just want to avoid that cluttered look by having part over spilling.

Ok! Well I will see what the White Space Adam figure goes for and will see about getting this.

If anybody is selling one with scuffs please PM me! :)

Back