1/6 Batman 1989: Batmobile Collectible Vehicle - Specs & Pics

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Re: Hot Toys Batman 1989: 1/6th scale Batmobile Collectible Vehicle - Specs & Pics

What I love about the 89mobile is its only Batman's car. It wasn't mass produced so that mercenaries could capture them and drive around in them too thereby making it less unique.

Re: Hot Toys Batman 1989: 1/6th scale Batmobile Collectible Vehicle - Specs & Pics

What I love about the 89mobile is its only Batman's car. It wasn't mass produced so that mercenaries could capture them and drive around in them too thereby making it less unique.

Don't forget that Penguin hijacked it for a bit.

Penguin did a remote drive like Stark did in IM3 during the Airforce One scene. :lol

That and this Batmobile is unmistakable. You have no question on who the car belongs too same as the Batwing. I liked Nolan's movies too but Batman's Vehicles weren't as iconic to me in them. Not really a fan of the Bat at all.

That and this Batmobile is unmistakable. You have no question on who the car belongs too same as the Batwing. I liked Nolan's movies too but Batman's Vehicles weren't as iconic to me in them. Not really a fan of the Bat at all.

While I love the utilitarian designs behind the Tumbler, the Anton Furst Batmobile is the modern take on the car that is the perfect marriage of comicbook fantasy and real-life supercar engineering, which IMO makes it timeless. To this day, many artists would still use the Furst Batmobile as the prototype to their own version of the car. Another of the greatest Batmobiles -- the original from Timm's BTAS, was also loosely inspired by Furst's.

That said, it's great to be Batman fan and have all the 66 BM, this, and Tumbler in your collection if you could. These 1/6 cars are definitely instantly among the best collectibles of all-time.

Seeing this vehicle and waiting to get it has made me almost TOTALLY lose interest in IM/Marvel stuff....

Penguin did a remote drive like Stark did in IM3 during the Airforce One scene. :lol

I didn't forget that. I just don't think it counts. It was never claimed off of Batman. He didn't have to do battle with his own vehicles and make such short work of them that their cool is stripped away.

Rerelease it next year and throw a 25th anni sticker on the box, or in 2019 for the 30th, and this jackass will buy two more. Man writing that made me realize I'm getting old.

I didn't forget that. I just don't think it counts. It was never claimed off of Batman. He didn't have to do battle with his own vehicles and make such short work of them that their cool is stripped away.

You're right, definately knowhere near the extent of TDKR but he did have to pull some wires. :lol

I think Bats souped up his particular Tumbler with many improvements(Batpod?) and armor and weapons that the stock Camo Tumblers don't have.
So there is only ONE Batman Tumbler. Oh i forgot he blew it up:slap

And don't forget that Bruce Wayne built it himself (or atleast knows how to repair and fix it's damages on his own).

That's something that's overlooked. I love how after it gets destroyed in the chase sequence it shows him back in the Batcave working on it.

As you say it was still a remote hijacking. NO ONE ever sat in the driver's seat but Keaton. I admit that while BB is probably the all around best "Batman" movie out there but even I was surprised at how quickly he tossed the keys of the tumbler to Gordon. I would have thought that driving it, especially from that little moving capsule section in front or whatever that they slid down into would be a task of incredible know-how or at least require something more than zero seconds of experience to manage properly.

Last edited:

As you say it was still a remote hijacking. NO ONE ever sat in the driver's seat but Keaton.

Penguin would rather sit in his duck, if he wanted to drive the batmobile he had the opportunity.

He wanted to frame BW instead.

As you say it was still a remote hijacking. NO ONE ever sat in the driver's seat but Keaton. I admit that the BB is probably the all around best "Batman" movie out there but even I was surprised at how quickly he tossed the keys of the tumbler to Gordon. I would have thought that driving it, especially from that little moving capsule section in front or whatever that they slid down into would be a task of incredible know-how or at least require something more than zero seconds of experience to manage properly.

Not to mention how awkward that looks in general and Gordon screaming "YESSSSS" like he just got a stuffed animal out of a claw machine. Oh, and that Jamaican looking guy with the dreads telling the audience "nice ride". :lol

After the Dark Knight (where Batman sends an unmanned Batmobile through the garage in "Intimidation Mode"), it's kind of weird that Batman just didn't remotely send the Tumbler to the monorail location. Why did Gordon have to go?

Not to mention how awkward that looks in general and Gordon screaming "YESSSSS" like he just got a stuffed animal out of a claw machine. Oh, and that Jamaican looking guy with the dreads telling the audience "nice ride". :lol

After the Dark Knight (where Batman sends an unmanned Batmobile through the garage in "Intimidation Mode"), it's kind of weird that Batman just didn't remotely send the Tumbler to the monorail location. Why did Gordon have to go?

Maybe it was something that Bruce Wayne added to the tumbler after the events from Batman Begins?

Yeah. In general I'm not a fan of remote piloting at all. They try to do something "cool" and "unexpected" for one scene and then it calls into question all the scenes prior. IM3 obviously went crazy with that concept as well.

While we're talking about it I was always a bit put off by Keaton not driving his car into the chemical plant, machine guns blazing and everything. Since the car escaped unscathed why not just have him in it and look like more of a badass? I figure its just because Burton wanted that exchange between Joker in the helicopter and Batman on the ground afterward but didn't think it was as artistic to have Bats looking up at him from the cockpit of his car. I get it, I just wish he hadn't have gone that way.

The Batmobile will get you more points for ED, obviously, that's one of the things I'm looking forward to. The question is, which Batman do you pursue for the Batmobile?

Going back to this post for me there's no question, BR Batman all the way. I like the armor and cowl and also appreciate that nothing will be prone to "leaking" on an all-plastic suit.

Easily explained away that auto-drive and "intimidate" weren't features of the stock, military-grade Tumbler. Like the Bat-pod these were probably "aftermarket" upgrades by Fox that were specifically designed for Batman's missions (at some point between the two films).

I can't imagine a soldier in combat ever needing his tank-like bridging vehicle to remotely "loiter" or "intimidate" rather than "kill" (which is kind of a moot distinction when you're shooting explosive shells at parked cars).

I can't imagine a soldier in combat ever needing his tank-like bridging vehicle to remotely "loiter" or "intimidate" rather than "kill" (which is kind of a moot distinction when you're shooting explosive shells at parked cars).

"I thought you never kill."

"I prefer the term 'lethal intimidation.'"

Easily explained away that auto-drive and "intimidate" weren't features of the stock, military-grade Tumbler. Like the Bat-pod these were probably "aftermarket" upgrades by Fox that were specifically designed for Batman's missions (at some point between the two films).

Your avatar makes me think that I'm reading a post from Mr Fox himself :lol

Back