1/6 Batman 1989: Batmobile Collectible Vehicle - Specs & Pics

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Re: Hot Toys Batman 1989: 1/6th scale Batmobile Collectible Vehicle - Specs & Pics

I want to see that famous Batman fan who is a Senator collection.

You mean the one the Joker threatens in The Dark Knight?

"Ya remind me of my father, I HATE MY FATHER."

Re: Hot Toys Batman 1989: 1/6th scale Batmobile Collectible Vehicle - Specs & Pics

What are you guys gonna display this bad boy in? I need to find something for this, tumbler, and bat pod

What are you guys gonna display this bad boy in? I need to find something for this, tumbler, and bat pod

If I get this thing, I intend to buy or make some sort of coffee table/display case hybrid for it. Part of me doesn't even want to rebuy the DX08, because he'll just be all by himself while Keaton is standing, front and center, telling his car to "Stop."

Wtf, that 1:1 suit didn't even have carbon fiber detailing on the chest. HT's 1/6 is more accurate!

Woops, didn't quote. Was replying to that video up there with the guy with a home theater batcave.

You mean the one the Joker threatens in The Dark Knight?

"Ya remind me of my father, I HATE MY FATHER."

That scene and the one where Dagget talks to him about running Wayne Enterprises to the ground, that would be interesting though.

I think this is gonna end up with two releases as the tumbler did, Theres no way HT have spent all that money in development & molds to just release this once i do wonder if thats why the Returns stuff is taking so long to showcase anything as there gonna leave it a year for this thing to sell out then bring it out again, IF & thats a Big IF the Returns stuff gets made they are gonna re-issue this thing as it was in the 2nd movie. I hope they do as i cannot afford this thing this time around so hopefully they will re-issue it in a few years.

I can't afford it either but dammit I may not let that stop me. Aftermarket will be more expensive and so would any rerelease most likely.

Haha im the same. Ive left it to late to even consider getting it, it maybe out in the UK as soon as end of july or august, theres no way i can save up £449 that quick :/

I do have money saved that I could borrow partial cost from. I don't like doing that is the only thing. It can be a slippery slope. Especially when other stuff is imminent aswell.

I think this is gonna end up with two releases as the tumbler did, Theres no way HT have spent all that money in development & molds to just release this once i do wonder if thats why the Returns stuff is taking so long to showcase anything as there gonna leave it a year for this thing to sell out then bring it out again, IF & thats a Big IF the Returns stuff gets made they are gonna re-issue this thing as it was in the 2nd movie. I hope they do as i cannot afford this thing this time around so hopefully they will re-issue it in a few years.

not sure about that, tumbler was re-released because they saw the Ebay prices going for $800+ and they wanted some of that profit and it was still in current batman movies. I highly doubt they will release this batmobile again. Its just being released now and even though they have been doing a lot of re-releases they usually are at least 2 years down the road and the original batman series will probably be finished by then, plus remember it will just cost more if it is re-released, maybe $699 the second time around...

not sure about that, tumbler was re-released because they saw the Ebay prices going for $800+ and they wanted some of that profit and it was still in current batman movies. I highly doubt they will release this batmobile again. Its just being released now and even though they have been doing a lot of re-releases they usually are at least 2 years down the road and the original batman series will probably be finished by then, plus remember it will just cost more if it is re-released, maybe $699 the second time around...

That is the key factor here IMO. I mean if they took a break and didn't do the Returns line for another 3 or 4 years you might consider rereleasing the Burton Batmobile then but not if they're gonna dive right into Returns next year. The initial release will still be relatively new and current.

They've got the 66 batmobile and BTTF Delorian to keep them busy as well. I would say these cars are their least favorite products to make and sell.

Big factor with Burton's Batman movies as adev and others have stated. This car was probably delayed for that reason to get in both releases.

I am fearful of the horror stories we may see and hear of this big bio shipping. Hope not, but it will happen. :/ Get a you tube vid of some carrier just launching one out of the back of the truck. Argh the horror! LoL

Exactly. And as for

Theres no way HT have spent all that money in development & molds to just release this once

Why not? What if they already estimated the amount of Batmobiles that would sell out if they had an initial release, and a re-release, and decided to just release them all at once, and be done with it.

Who knows? Perhaps the release delay has something to do with demand being even higher than they first projected. Maybe they had to push back the ship date a couple of times because they suddenly had to produce more based on pre-order demand from vendors.

Hot Toys Batmobile assembly line footage:

[ame]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JHBsOX5EPOA[/ame]

I got really lucky with the re-release of the tumbler. For some reason it just seems unlikely that they would do it for this one

I want to see a camo version of this.

Back