Barbie

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
:ROFLMAO:

T7e4MNS.jpg

Mainstream media is praising this movie for being some kind of "masterpiece of feminism" and that has spurned the youtube haters club to denounce it and call for boycotts and wish for it to "fail at the box office."

Why can't we just have fun movies again?

The trailers made this look like a silly, light-hearted romp. Apparently, that's misleading, and the whole second half of the movie is some kind of lecture about feminism and "the patriarchy." That doesn't sound fun. I don't want to sit through that. I just want to be entertained, not lectured to.

At the same time, if that is the case, then I'll just ignore this movie the way I ignore all the hundreds of other movies I have zero interest in. Why take it personally and try to "boycott" it and get it to "fail?" If you don't like it, just don't see the damn thing.

Social media has turned the entire society into a gaggle of 5 year olds. Or maybe we all already were a gaggle of 5 year olds, and social media has just exposed that.

My eldest (18) saw it, and she and her friend loved it. But a friend took her daughter (15) to it, and they absolutely loathed it and wanted to walk out after 20 minutes. They said it was an embarrassment?

The trailer didn't seem appealing to me, even though I generally like all the actors in it, as it just came across as a "been there, done that" type of movie - and I also think the characters should have been played by younger actors in their early twenties.

Saying that, it's tracking to do monstrous opening weekend numbers, but it will be interesting to see if it has any legs. My gut says no, but who knows?

I’m seeing a lot of people do double features with this movie and Barbie. It’s so funny

Seen both.
Barbie is funny and ironic in the first act, and then it takes itself too seriously and tells a story of a middle age crisis. For some reason.
Oppenheimer is not my favorite Nolan's movie, but it was definitely massive. I liked the change in his style.

Back