Barbie

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Cue 57 pages of how it's woke trash that emasculates men and appeals to radical feminists and another 63 pages of how people are going to boycott it, when it's clearly not aimed at us middle aged men who go to bed with their vintage Luke Skywalker figures under their pillow.

Cue 57 pages of how it's woke trash that emasculates men and appeals to radical feminists and another 63 pages of how people are going to boycott it, when it's clearly not aimed at us middle aged men who go to bed with their vintage Luke Skywalker figures under their pillow.
How dare a movie about Barbie make Barbie the main character and not have her play second fiddle to her male co-stars.

This actually looks quite fun, and I'm not sure why as there seems to be no story to speak of lol
Well it’s a teaser trailer, they don’t usually reveal plot elements. I imagine it’s like the Lego movie. They probably live within the restraints of Barbie dolls, hence the tip toeing and Ken not knowing what to do if they stay over - cause kids don’t know that.

Looks OK to me, a movie not taking itself seriously and neither are the actors. Might be a breath of fresh air. And I need to get some Mattel stock, fast.

I think that trailer is hilarious. Just the look on that little girl's face. Will probably not be my kind of movie based on the various musical numbers it seems to have, but I like the attitude.

I actually think it looks like cute, harmless fun. My only concern is that it looks like it has way too much sexual innuendo. My eight year old niece absolutely loves Barbie, but this looks inappropriate for her.

I actually think it looks like cute, harmless fun. My only concern is that it looks like it has way too much sexual innuendo. My eight year old niece absolutely loves Barbie, but this looks inappropriate for her.
A lot, and I mean a lot, of kids movies and shows do. They never pick up on them at the time.

Source: was once a child.

Well my brother and his wife are doing their best to really shelter them from as much of that as possible, which can't be easy in modern times. I doubt this will be up to their "standards!"

She watches the Barbie cartoon all the time, though. Just too bad I can't take her to see the movie.

us middle aged men who go to bed with their vintage Luke Skywalker figures under their pillow.

I would NEVER take him out of the box. And the box might get crushed.

Also why does it show little girls playing with dolls? Surely it is only middle aged men who can play with dolls :D

Yet another film in which middle-aged white men are underrepresented! :lecture

At least they did something interesting with the trailer, rather than the same generic format pretty much every other movie these days do.

This actually looks quite fun, and I'm not sure why as there seems to be no story to speak of lol

Margot Robbie is pretty interesting in that she's clearly gotten better with each role. Didn't like Birds Of Prey but no one could save that script.

Ryan Gosling generally picks films with good scripts. I don't always enjoy the subject matter, but he does appear to try to pick something other than pure cash grabs.

I'll give this a shot.

It may end up being a kind of dark comedy. ( Baumbach wrote this apparently. So it will probably lean towards Woody Allen Lite, just without all the self loathing ) Almost all of Baumbach's stuff revolves around a protagonist trying to find their "authentic" selves.

This looks to me like a classic of subversive snark along the lines of "Addams Family Values." That first teaser trailer is genius.

I wont be going to the theatre - it takes an act of Congress to get me in there, these days - but watch at home? Yes I will.

Back