baloo custom biomask for HT original Predator

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Thanks to all, friends! You are all, each in his way, real engines of motivation and I measure the luck which I have to know you a little bit virtually through your support.
Thanks to you, my blues is dissipating, but you have much more confidence in me that I can have in myself, you know...

It is true that life is full of pitfalls, and we learn from our errors. The whole is to bounce well.
I am going to use this mould to test 2-3 runways which I have (in passing: thanks to Alejandro for his expertise!). Here they are so that you can inform me of your remarks:

- Pour the resin by the nursemaid placed on the side and feeding the mould through the bottom so that the air is naturally chased away upward (nose mask down = solution N°1): principle of communicating vessels

- Inject the resin through the bottom so that the air is naturally chased away) upward (nose mask down = solution N°1bis): injection by syringe

- Pour the resin by a side of the back of the mask, the other side serving as a vent (nose mask down = solution N°2): simpler to implement but will the resin go everywhere?

- Split the second part of the mold (external side) into 2 different parts to pour in several points with évents (mask horizontally = solution N°3): more complicated to implement and more deburring on the cast piece

hi baloo
you know what I think. the simplest way is the most effective

Happy New Year! :)

:fireworks
happynewyeardroids.jpg
:fireworks

Hello friends!

I hope everyone is doing well after New Year's Eve. In my case, it was pretty quiet because I did not head to the party, but we can say that I begin this new year much better than I have finished the previous one, because I made a last attempt of casting and here the result (test No. 7 / directly out of the mold, so non-deburred):

picture.php

picture.php

picture.php

picture.php

picture.php

picture.php

As you can see, this is far from perfect but it's no comparison with previous attempts. This result, I owe it to Alejandro (taylerdurdem) and Mike (bobamike), so a big big big thank you friends!

Regarding the design change of the mold, I think I found the ideal solution for casting as perfect as possible. This "exercise" has been rich in lessons, believe me!

Hello friends!

I hope everyone is doing well after New Year's Eve. In my case, it was pretty quiet because I did not head to the party, but we can say that I begin this new year much better than I have finished the previous one, because I made a last attempt of casting and here the result (test No. 7 / directly out of the mold, so non-deburred):

picture.php

picture.php

picture.php

picture.php

picture.php

picture.php

As you can see, this is far from perfect but it's no comparison with previous attempts. This result, I owe it to Alejandro (taylerdurdem) and Mike (bobamike), so a big big big thank you friends!

Regarding the design change of the mold, I think I found the ideal solution for casting as perfect as possible. This "exercise" has been rich in lessons, believe me!

:rock:yess:
Looks pretty much perfect to me!
It can only get better from here too!
Well done baloo:hi5:

Awesome, Thierry.
Looks stunning and for you and all my fellow freaks all there too a happy new year with the best wishes to success, health and collecting.
:lol

I knew you could do it!!! Way to start the new year.

I don't know any French but I love soccer and are a fan of a lot of Les Blues players (Thierry Henry, Ribery, Benzema, Desailly, Blanc, Platini, Vieira, Zidane, etc.)

I really don't know what this has to do with the mask, but I am excited that you were able to overcome the difficulties making the mask, so this is my way of showing appreciation in French.

Hehe, you are nice, my friends! Thank you. :duff

But let us be not such excited: everything I've shown so far, those are castings failures... But I took advantage to rectify some tiny defects of surface on the prototype and bring one or two improvements. If you already ignite now, you'll burn completely when you'll see the final result, then! :D

je veux trop ce masque... Thierry tu compte toujours mettre la lumière dessus? je vois que c'est pas facile de le dupliquer :(

Héhé... Tu vas l'avoir, Greg, tu vas l'avoir!
La lumière est plus que jamais d'actualité, oui bien sûr.
Et quant au fait d'avoir rencontré des difficulté dans le processus de duplication, bah, c'est un peu normal dans la mesure ou je fais là mes premières armes avec cette technique, tu sais.
Mais ça y est, la leçon est bien apprise!

Hehe ... You'll have it, Greg, you'll have it!
The light is more than ever of current events, yes of course.
And about having had difficulties in the duplication process, well, it's a bit normal to the extent that I am doing my first experience with this technique, you know.
But there it is, the lesson is well learned!

Thank you friends!

This is the new version of the mold:

picture.php

That is what one calls a mold poured "by boat":
In this process, there is no cone of casting, nor gasket, nor lug of wedging: it is the simplicity!
What you see at the moment, it is the prototype under its coffering in Plasticine of pyramidal shape with 4 vents set up.

I took advantage of it to realize a small groove on the prototype to be able to hide the passage of the electric wires of the lighting system.

I have just poured the silicone, thus the next step of the operations: tomorrow.

Back