baloo custom biomask for HT original Predator

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Hello friends!
Sorry for the black-out: I encountered some problems...
Here are some shots:

Preparation of the second part of the mold to be realized:

picture.php

picture.php

Just before pouring the silicone:

picture.php

... And before pouring the second coffering in plaster:

picture.php

I made 4 attempts of duplication: 4 failures!

picture.php

There are lacks, due to a design flaw on my part. There are bottlenecks which make that the resin does not succeed in going everywhere correctly.
If you're disappointed, imagine what I feel...
I do not have more than to redo the mold in silicone!!!
The only consolation for now: the silicone replicates with an incredible precision details and the resin just keeps what it is necessary of flexibility once hardened.

Yeah, back-fastening laola-wave for Thierry, Ladies.

:mexwave:

Thisyour first try on something like this, isn´t it, Thierry?
All will turn out well, man.
No master falls from the sky, remember that...

I think its obvious that baloo can do it.
Anyone with his great attention to detail and skill etc will be able to it.
Its just a matter of trial and error.
I have complete faith in baloo.
All it means is more waiting time for us...which im fine with.

Last edited:
Thanks to all, friends! You are all, each in his way, real engines of motivation and I measure the luck which I have to know you a little bit virtually through your support.
Thanks to you, my blues is dissipating, but you have much more confidence in me that I can have in myself, you know...

It is true that life is full of pitfalls, and we learn from our errors. The whole is to bounce well.
I am going to use this mould to test 2-3 runways which I have (in passing: thanks to Alejandro for his expertise!). Here they are so that you can inform me of your remarks:

- Pour the resin by the nursemaid placed on the side and feeding the mould through the bottom so that the air is naturally chased away upward (nose mask down = solution N°1): principle of communicating vessels

- Inject the resin through the bottom so that the air is naturally chased away) upward (nose mask down = solution N°1bis): injection by syringe

- Pour the resin by a side of the back of the mask, the other side serving as a vent (nose mask down = solution N°2): simpler to implement but will the resin go everywhere?

- Split the second part of the mold (external side) into 2 different parts to pour in several points with évents (mask horizontally = solution N°3): more complicated to implement and more deburring on the cast piece

Back