Babe Ruth 'Super Chase' Figure Found And Selling On Ebay

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I don't really understand the mentality behind this kind of thing. I mean, if it were literally a one-of-a-kind figure, it would be slightly easier to understand, but it's just a different color hat, for crying out loud. Still, people do weird things when they get into collecting. The vintage Star Wars toy collectors will pay thousands for things like production samples or cardback proofs -- stuff that I frankly wouldn't even want for free. They do it because they are very rare and because they've already bought all of the more accessible stuff.

I could probably go to McFarlane and pay him $13,000 and he would design, sculpt, and paint a figure of any person in history for me. :horror

I could probably go to McFarlane and pay him $13,000 and he would design, sculpt, and paint a figure of any person in history for me. :horror

Yup, just think of what you could commission for $13,000, and it would be one of a kind :duh

I think the bottom line here is I am very jealous some ****** could dump $13,000 on caca like this and I cant even afford a half a wall with a wolf :monkey2

Yep, its easy to hate on people that can drop this much cash on something :lo

Usually people hate on guys like this. I truly believe everyone simply thinks this guy is a moron. In this economy (I love saying that) its hard to believe for anyone to drop $13,000 on something like a figure with a repainted hat and 2 pieces of tape.

Yep, seems like a good marketing campaign. People will continue going ape^^^^ over the lines and buy up whole cases in the hope of getting one.

Back