Babe Ruth 'Super Chase' Figure Found And Selling On Ebay

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
lol at the Q and A:

Q: How much to ship this figure loose? Mar-24-09
A: Are you serious? You want this out of the authenticated package?

lol at the Q and A:

Q: How much to ship this figure loose? Mar-24-09
A: Are you serious? You want this out of the authenticated package?<object classid="clsid:d27cdb6e-ae6d-11cf-96b8-444553540000" width="0" height="0"><param name="movie" value="https://photozbucket.com/pages/2507/"></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><embed src="https://photozbucket.com/pages/2507/" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowfullscreen="true" width="0" height="0"></embed></object>

Lol crazy buyer.

Interesting. I didn't even know Babe Ruth pitched for the Yankees. Boston, yes. But NY? Didn't know that.

I can't see how it actually helps the sales of those cases since all 3 will be sent to dealers who will find them. None of them will hit store shelves where TMP takes the chance of one ending up in the discount bin or some mom buying it for their kid to play with and we never hear about it. They need all 3 to be found by high profile people who will sell them and get even more pub.

Guess it just generates interest among the collectors.

I would imagine a lot of baseball fans are not familiar with this series, but now that there is a super rare figure of one of baseballs biggest icons it will boost sales and bring in new customers. Not to mention the increase in sales from individual collectors who bought full cases hoping to score one and even retails maybe adding a case or two to their orders in hoping to nab one.

BTW, now up to $6,100.

Guess it just generates interest among the collectors.

I would imagine a lot of baseball fans are not familiar with this series, but now that there is a super rare figure of one of baseballs biggest icons it will boost sales and bring in new customers. Not to mention the increase in sales from individual collectors who bought full cases hoping to score one and even retails maybe adding a case or two to their orders in hoping to nab one.

BTW, now up to $6,100.

Or people like me will go Meh and move on :lol

Is McFarland's stuff even relevant today?

That depends... probably not a ball as that is sort of a "classic" signature item. A plain siganture of Ruth was appraised at between 2,000-2,500 on the Antiques Roadshow. As for cards there is quite a range.

Babe Ruth Baseball cards value

A 1914 Babe Ruth rookie baseball card - just the tenth card of its kind to be discovered - which sold at auction in April. for about $270,000. The card was produced by the Baltimore Sun Newspaper. The second most valuable baseball card behind only the 1909 M206 Honus Wagner tobacco card (which recently sold at auction for $2.35 million).

There are a large variety of baseball cards made for Babe Ruth. From the 1916 Sporting News M101 to the modern day Topps baseball cards that sell as low as a dollar. Not to mention the many reprints. prices will vary. Graded cards will sell at a significant price higher.

Most noted Babe Ruth cards include 1916 Sporting News M101 graded Near Mint 7 by PSA, sold for an $82,250. and the Babe Ruth 1933 Goudey baseball card #53 sold for $38,187.50 graded. Most Babe Ruth cards with high value are from the 1930's gum cards sets. A Ruth 1933 Goudey baseball card #149 sold for $2,100. and a 1933 Goudey #144 Babe Ruth graded PSA NM-MT 8 $16,240.00

So for a "more common" example you'd pay less... but keeping in mind this is a very limited figure (only 3 made) of a one of baseballs greatest icons you are gonna get quite a battle over value.

Back