Avengers: Age of Ultron (May 1st, 2015)

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Hmmm...buy off Apple TV now or wait for October 2nd

Unless you collect the discs, just get it digital. Unfortunately I'm stuck waiting for all the Marvel Studio films b/c I'm dumb enough to collect all the BRs, even though I end up watching the digital copy a lot more often than the actual disc.

The problem was, this was a studio pushed scene, not something Whedon wanted, so unfortunately, Whedon kept enough to make them happy but little enough he was happy, but in the end we were confused.

Got the 3D Best Buy Steelbook (Ultron back cover.) Watched the first 15 or so minutes up until the Iron Legion arrives at Avengers Tower. Totally got sucked right back into this movie. Lots of fun, and I'm wondering if they improved the 3D for the blu-ray release. It was great, the whole HYDRA raid, leviathans flying through space in Stark's vision, excellent depth. Can't wait to watch the rest of it tonight. There are just so many great action scenes and it really moves from one to the next, I think this is going to be one of the more re-watchable Marvel films.

I'm hearing-reading that the 3D was greatly improved from that horrendously flat theatrical presentation.

Will know tonight.

This will be Wor-Gars favorite movie of 2015. :lol

I think this is going to be one of the more re-watchable Marvel films.

I am curious if this will hold up better upon multiple viewings. Once story and silly things like that don't matter anymore and its just about the shiny things and noises.

I'm hearing-reading that the 3D was greatly improved from that horrendously flat theatrical presentation.

Will know tonight.

This will be Wor-Gars favorite movie of 2015. :lol

Wouldn't that be something! :lol I might have to get this now for the 3D experience alone. Dammit.

I don't do 3D TV but I picked up my copy today, can't wait to see it on the big screen in HD for the first time, theater didn't count because I coudn't wear my prescription glasses and the 3D ones so it was blurry 3D :lol

I'm also glad, since Disney is tight with Apple, it comes with the old style iTunes download for digital instead of Ultraviolet.

Watching it now and I'm really enjoying it. Say what you will, but it's a fun movie.

I'm also glad, since Disney is tight with Apple, it comes with the old style iTunes download for digital instead of Ultraviolet.

And I think this sucks. I use Vudu so I guess my digital code is worthless.

Watching it now and I'm really enjoying it. Say what you will, but it's a fun movie.

LOADS of fun but don't pay attention to the storyline and well huge plotholes and WTF moments-it just doesn't hold up . Still a blast to watch.

Purchased both Vision and Ultron steel book at best buy store pickup. Hope they actually have them. Haven't decide which one to keep.

The 3D on the blu-ray is definitely the real deal. The only moment I really recall looking awesome in 3D in the theater was when the Vision flew through the debris to rescue Scarlet Witch. But at home watching a few minutes here and there I'm finding myself amazed pretty much throughout. Like when Hawkeye is recovering on the table in the tower, you see Stark WAY in the background through all those glass walls. Incredible depth. Iron Legion battle after the party looked great too.

The aftermath discussion about Ultron is definitely an awkward scene though. For one, Maria Hill. I get that if you look carefully she appears to be using tweezers to pluck glass shards out of her bare foot but did not one person editing the movie not notice that it looks exactly like she's sitting there clipping her toenails?? :lol How can we really invest in the gravity of that scene if everyone is freaking out about what Ultron is going to do but one person is so relaxed she's openly clipping her toenails in front of everyone. "Oh yeah," *clip clip* "the nuclear codes..." *clip clip* I'm sorry but every time that scene begins I'm like "What the hell? Oh, yeah, that's not what she's doing."

And then there's Thor. Totally contrived moment where he lifts Stark up by the neck. I didn't like it in the theater and still don't. Seems like it was ONLY inserted just to have a "whoa!" moment for the trailer. He arrives, seemingly lifts Stark in a rage, then casually puts him down like nothing happened and they go about their conversation. Just not well done.

But really those are just little things, and even the awkwardness of those weaker moments is kind of amusing. I love this movie. :lecture

Last edited:
Watched it again and Hate it more :(

IMO So many scenes that try and be "Ah man that is cool " but fall flat.. Usually due to a corniness that was not in the original. All that Slow motion fighting that was supposed to be cool but looked goofy IMO.. I know that the shot of all the Avengers flying through the air in the beginning is supposed to be the money shot but Hawkeye and Black widow just look silly in their Slow Mo pose IMO and ruin the shot. The final battle slow mo shot... Cap doing his twist in the air over Ultron and Scarlet Witch watching Iron Man fly by.. Just eye rolling bad because its trying so hard to be cool :( None of that silliness in the first film. Yes there are some slow mo shots but nothing goofy. Oh and bad cgi. I don't know if it's because it's on Blu but many of the CGI scenes looked VERY cartoony... Ultron really did, especially in the outside shots. Again It did not bother me as much in the theater... Perhaps I find it corny because my fellow freaks like it so much :)

Ultron might be my least fav villain of all the Marvel films that does not have Iron Man 2 or 3 in the title.

Oh well.... I do like the Cap vs Ultron fight even though Cap looks a bit too cartoony also in many of the shots.

Hope the new directors can get it right after this let down... Something tells me after what they did with Cap the Next Avengers film will be way better then AOU.

Back