Avengers: Age of Ultron (May 1st, 2015)

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I'll test the Blu-ray HD audio with my pressure meter and advise if there's any difference in quality to Avengers 1 and TWS.

I accept tips in the form of cookies, cakes, jell-O's and donuts.

Interesting. I saw AoU three times in the theater and never noticed any issues with sound. Of course two of my viewings were IMAX and the speakers are always thundering in those auditoriums. TWS had *amazing* sound (effects and music) so I'm curious as to whether there really was a downgrade or not.

While I want to be quick to say there probably isn't i'm reminded of Thor 1's DTS-MA encode being blown out past the acceptable db ceiling usually reserved for movies.

Many cheap speakers were blown with the Thor 1 soundtrack. :lol

Sorry let me reword, it's not a lack of low-end, or volume, but missing sounds or out of balanced mix. Just like LexiKon318 said, there are certain sounds that you expect to be there but isn't or louder but ends up softer than the rest of the mix. I watched it on IMAX too btw.

When I have time I'll try to watch this with my IEMs and see if that is better than my home sound system.

So I watched a coupe of youtube vids that showed only Hulk scenes from Avengers and Avengers 2..... For some reason they did not include the Hulk vs Thor stuff.... In the end even though the Thor stuff was cut out, AOU only had about 45 to 1 min more Hulk... So even less if Thor fight was added back in.

AOU still sucks!!!!!

:) :) :)

So I watched a coupe of youtube vids that showed only Hulk scenes from Avengers and Avengers 2..... For some reason they did not include the Hulk vs Thor stuff.... In the end even though the Thor stuff was cut out, AOU only had about 45 to 1 min more Hulk... So even less if Thor fight was added back in.

AOU still sucks!!!!!

:) :) :)

I was comparing Hulk between the two recently and even though his presence spans more time in Avengers, we always get small doses peppered throughout big sequences involving everyone. Despite how minimal he's part of the battles in AOU, having the Hulkbuster sequence and focusing on just him for that time makes AOU the more satisfying of the two movies as a Hulk fan.

Just watched it again ...still enjoy it! Muahaha

Sent from my SPH-L300 using Tapatalk

I find myself liking it more each time I watch it, I built up a lot of hype and a ideas going in and the first few times was still a bit hung up on smaller details, but now I can juat let myself enjoy the good. It's still a flawed movie and I can recognize the flaws, but I don't focus on them anymore, which is good, some movies I've tried and just never get past them.

I was comparing Hulk between the two recently and even though his presence spans more time in Avengers, we always get small doses peppered throughout big sequences involving everyone. Despite how minimal he's part of the battles in AOU, having the Hulkbuster sequence and focusing on just him for that time makes AOU the more satisfying of the two movies as a Hulk fan..

As a Hulk fan seeing Hulk get the **** kicked out of him by the Hulkbuster for a sequence sucks.. Especially when that is his only big scene.. I mean everything he did was countered by the Hulkbuster... I know that is the point of the Hulkbuster.. But let the Hulk pull off one great feat of strength please. Hulk was neutered in AOU.

Original Avengers Hulk got to show off what Hulk can do. Nothing in AOU is better then Hulk punching out Space worm and just about any other scene featuring Hulk.

AOU SUCKS

JAWS has spoken :) :)

Stark got lucky in that fight, I thought ... had that fight gone on any longer Hulk would've torn apart the Hulkbuster and then Tony. Hulkbuster had no way to get any more replacement parts since he destroyed Veronika ... which I didn't notice until recently ha

Sent from my BNTV600 using Tapatalk

Would be awesome if Hulk had ripped through Hulk buster grabbed Starks skulls and Squish.

By bye Iron Man, hello Ripley, Doc Brown, Xavier, Shaw and all the other 1/6 variety goodness

As a Hulk fan seeing Hulk get the **** kicked out of him by the Hulkbuster for a sequence sucks.. Especially when that is his only big scene.. I mean everything he did was countered by the Hulkbuster... I know that is the point of the Hulkbuster.. But let the Hulk pull off one great feat of strength please. Hulk was neutered in AOU.

Original Avengers Hulk got to show off what Hulk can do. Nothing in AOU is better then Hulk punching out Space worm and just about any other scene featuring Hulk.

I don't see it the same way, I don't feel like Hulkbuster kicks his ass, Tony hits him with every trick he can and Hulk keeps defying it and unloading more rage on him.

It took dropping an entire skyscraper on top of Hulk just to knock him out enough to notice what he was doing, and despite starting to get mad again, the final blow was during a subdued moment for the most part, repeated blows to the head did nothing during the "go to sleep" sequence but piss him off more.

The only thing that could have made me more excited during that fight is if throughout all the smashing of things, he talked and we got some "Hulk smash!" and "Hulk bash!", the nostalgia factor would have just tipped it over the edge for me.

Hulk punching the worm was a great moment, beating Loki was a great moment, punching Thor was great, I just feel like his shine in Avengers comes down to a collection of flashing moments, enjoyable, but at a point now where Hulk can't get his own movie, I look to Avengers to satisfy my Hulk desire as much as enjoying the whole team, and when Avengers came out I was very satisfied with it and still am, but AOU was even more satisfactory. I feel some of the team aspects were less satisfying for me in AOU, so it's a trade off. If Infinity Wars blends both elements just right, could easily be some of my most favorite films ever.

Stark got lucky in that fight, I thought ... had that fight gone on any longer Hulk would've torn apart the Hulkbuster and then Tony. Hulkbuster had no way to get any more replacement parts since he destroyed Veronika ... which I didn't notice until recently ha

Sent from my BNTV600 using Tapatalk

That may be true.... But we never got to see Hulk get the upper hand... Since Hulk was not in much more of the film I found it to be a total let down.

It did not help that I found the rest of the film to be lacking also.

I don't see it the same way, I don't feel like Hulkbuster kicks his ass, Tony hits him with every trick he can and Hulk keeps defying it and unloading more rage on him.

It took dropping an entire skyscraper on top of Hulk just to knock him out enough to notice what he was doing, and despite starting to get mad again, the final blow was during a subdued moment for the most part, repeated blows to the head did nothing during the "go to sleep" sequence but piss him off more.

The only thing that could have made me more excited during that fight is if throughout all the smashing of things, he talked and we got some "Hulk smash!" and "Hulk bash!", the nostalgia factor would have just tipped it over the edge for me.

Hulk punching the worm was a great moment, beating Loki was a great moment, punching Thor was great, I just feel like his shine in Avengers comes down to a collection of flashing moments, enjoyable, but at a point now where Hulk can't get his own movie, I look to Avengers to satisfy my Hulk desire as much as enjoying the whole team, and when Avengers came out I was very satisfied with it and still am, but AOU was even more satisfactory. I feel some of the team aspects were less satisfying for me in AOU, so it's a trade off. If Infinity Wars blends both elements just right, could easily be some of my most favorite films ever.

Well as I said above... Since Hulk did not really get any great moments in the rest of the film it really was frustrating to me that he did not get a great moment fighting Iron Man... IMO Thor vs Hulk was better... Talk about a great moment of someone getting a shot in on Hulk but it does nothing... Hulk takes Thor's hammer to the jaw but keeps on coming. Ripping the plane apart, smashing the Aliens etc.. etc... Just great moment for Hulk.

Like you pointed out.. Since Marvel can't / wont do a stand alone Hulk film (their reasoning is BS IMO) I have to get my Hulk fix in these Avengers film. The first films delivered each time, every time he was on frame.

AOU just did not do it for me.. He is given almost noting to do in the final fight and while he takes everything HB throws at him... He does not get that fist pump moment.. Granted at the time he was the bad guy... OK.. So give him said moment at the end of the film.

I stated this before... All would have been forgiven if it was Hulk that somehow kept the city from crashing to the earth.. Would have been a nice nod to Secret Wars. Would have been awesome to see Hulk holding up that mountain. I would have flipped.

Instead he ripped threw boring robots and flew away in a plane :(

Oh well...

Again I think I could have also forgiven the film if it was better overall period. You like it more then me so I think you give the Hulk scenes a pass or just enjoyed them more because you enjoy the film as a whole. I thought it was a misfire all around. I am not even looking forward to it when it hits Blu Ray this week.......... Ok I am a little. :)

I just never thought in a Million years that I would think Ant Man was Marvels best film of summer 2015.

Anyways I just posted my original post because peeps here and other reviewers commented that Hulk was is AOU a lot more then the original film. I didn't think he was and apparently he really wasn't.

AoU was sad- alot of characters weren't used well....Stark was a cog in the wheel and wasn't much of anything but a plot point to screw up creating Ultron( well not really..)
Hugely entertaining but hollow and really really half baked...

Vision puts it pretty clearly right in the movie, he's not Jarvis, he's not Ultron, he's like a mix of both but on the finest of qualities, thus his worthiness to lift the hammer.
I think it's just that he was a robot. I suspect Ultron could have lifted the hammer, too, since they aren't living creatures. Keep in mind that the hammer can be sitting on a regular table and it doesn't fall through or make the table buckle at all, because the magic spell on Mjolnir only applies to living entities attempting to lift/use it. That's my theory, anyway, because it isn't like Jarvis + Ultron's best qualities would trump the goodness of, say, Cap. Right?

Back