Avengers: Age of Ultron (May 1st, 2015)

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Well, yeah. Because movie's like Memento or The Usual Suspects, etc. actually have depth. None of these superhero movies, (besides possibly Nolan's Batman flicks) have any kind of depth. There's nothing there but CGI, 'spolsions, and CGI 'spolsions. And when a movie is that simple and straight forward but STILL has problems with its narrative that's a flaw/failure in the writing and/or editing department.

AOU and the MCU has lots of depth....you just need to look for it :lol :lol

eyK1M8F.gif

SZgWJYA.gif

Very true for me, I even said this after my 3rd or 5th viewing, I forgot which one. :lol

"A second viewing of Avengers: Age of Ultron - a viewing free of hype and hope, a viewing in which you’re armed with a basic understanding of the plot, allowing you to dig a little deeper - pays off in enormous ways. The film, a slightly too-breathless, sort of too-dense blockbuster, suddenly opens up, the little character moments emerging from between the set pieces and the fights. Most of my niggling problems with the film simply melted away on a second viewing, and many of the lingering questions felt answered."

Yes, the title isn't necessarily a timeline but rather the idea of a future could have existed. Many people don't like Ultron, but you must be aware to realize that Ultron almost executed his plans. Consider the death of QS, had that not happened, how else would SW have left and leave the switch vulnerable? Hell even before that; Tony had no idea to save everyone. Ultron wasn't a bad villain, it was variety of factors. He would have easily killed millions, but SHIELD came out of nowhere. I'd say Avengers lucked out on that.

Also people say Loki was a more brutal villain, for me; it isn't the case. Loki is a god looking to enslave, the most brutal thing he did was stab a guy for a retinal scan. Ultron chopped off a dudes arm because he was compared to a human, yet to mention: Tony Stark.

Loki also was scared of Thanos and started regretting his actions because of fear to his future. Ultron, as a damaged sentry, committed to his idea of evolution that he attacked Vision, knowing that he wouldn't be a match physically.

I'm saying after viewing it 3 times, Ultron has become a favorite; which wasn't the case in the first viewing.

Nail on head. This movie kind of blows you away with everything going on, for better or for worse. A lot of us who liked the overwhelming assault and went back for more have been finding that there was a real elegance to how so many moving parts were woven together.

Agreed across the board, especially in what Jye posted. It's a weird thing that I just can't place. For those who like this better with every watch, why is the general consensus that it initially feels jumbled & rushed with a lot going on, and after the second watch it suddenly smooths out, feels much more well paced and makes more sense? To the point where you don't know why the hell it felt so choppy the first time?

I really dug it on first watch but now I'm 3 watches in and it's much easier to recognize it's greatness. The dialogue, pacing, story and Ultron himself get better and better every time.

I've soaked this in enough to change my mind about a lot; one of the things being I now see Ultron as one of the best villains we've got so far. I first was in the camp that he lacked in this and that department, but after losing the "first watch blinders", he's way more badass than I first gave him credit for. All of his dialogue is great (I appreciate the introduction speech, amongst other parts much more than at first), he has great moments in all of his little scraps and his dominance in the final battle gets overlooked a lot (he does knock out Vision very easily, beat the pants off of Thor, guns down QS).

The "dream sequence" also deserves a lot more credit than it's getting. It was something original that we haven't seen before and served many purposes; the main one being it was an attack that knocked the team on their asses, but did so in an unconventional way, without action and violence. It's also something that affects them for a large portion of the movie

The movie isn't perfect but I think for most people who like it, it'll get better with each watch

I still think it's 15 minutes (which is ½ of what I first thought it needed) away from being a more well rounded. Just an extra minute here and there to illuminate certain happenings more (Ultron's army build, the Twins finding him, the twins themselves, Vision's birth) and maybe another badass Ultron scene or add some more of him dominating in the existing action scenes.

Round 4, here I come

Something else that could've used more explaining was the MK 43 & 45. The HT fig EX suggests that there was probably a cut scene where maybe Ultron took control of the suit. That would've been cool to see if Tony lost the 43 and had to upgrade the 45 to be Ultron proof.

Another little something that would've added to Ultron and added to the film in general

Something else that could've used more explaining was the MK 43 & 45. The HT fig EX suggests that there was probably a cut scene where maybe Ultron took control of the suit. That would've been cool to see if Tony lost the 43 and had to upgrade the 45 to be Ultron proof.

Another little something that would've added to Ultron and added to the film in general

I never seen the cut face mask either like the exclusive has, that also must have been cut

I never seen the cut face mask either like the exclusive has, that also must have been cut

Yea, it's BD with a slash down the face and has red eyes. I'm (and others) assuming that it had something to do with Ultron owning the suit. Who knows, maybe even Wanda but that's less likely

We're also getting stuff with Widow that didn't exactly appear on screen, and Vision's cape looks pretty different than the movie.

Agreed across the board, especially in what Jye posted. It's a weird thing that I just can't place. For those who like this better with every watch, why is the general consensus that it initially feels jumbled & rushed with a lot going on, and after the second watch it suddenly smooths out, feels much more well paced and makes more sense? To the point where you don't know why the hell it felt so choppy the first time?

I really dug it on first watch but now I'm 3 watches in and it's much easier to recognize it's greatness. The dialogue, pacing, story and Ultron himself get better and better every time.

I've soaked this in enough to change my mind about a lot; one of the things being I now see Ultron as one of the best villains we've got so far. I first was in the camp that he lacked in this and that department, but after losing the "first watch blinders", he's way more badass than I first gave him credit for. All of his dialogue is great (I appreciate the introduction speech, amongst other parts much more than at first), he has great moments in all of his little scraps and his dominance in the final battle gets overlooked a lot (he does knock out Vision very easily, beat the pants off of Thor, guns down QS).

The "dream sequence" also deserves a lot more credit than it's getting. It was something original that we haven't seen before and served many purposes; the main one being it was an attack that knocked the team on their asses, but did so in an unconventional way, without action and violence. It's also something that affects them for a large portion of the movie

The movie isn't perfect but I think for most people who like it, it'll get better with each watch

I still think it's 15 minutes (which is ½ of what I first thought it needed) away from being a more well rounded. Just an extra minute here and there to illuminate certain happenings more (Ultron's army build, the Twins finding him, the twins themselves, Vision's birth) and maybe another badass Ultron scene or add some more of him dominating in the existing action scenes.

Round 4, here I come

Yup, well said.

Going for round 2 tomorrow night. I will try to remember how much better it would be if Christian Bale was frowning on the screen. But my poor little happy person brain will forget! :(

Back