Avengers: Age of Ultron (May 1st, 2015)

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I love going to the movies but as I have gotten older (38) I seem to not have anytime to sit in a theater for 3 hours. Plus I live in rural Deadwood and have to drive 30m to the closest theater. I think if I lived in the city I would go more

My wife is hoping this is the last one before the bluray. :lol

Maybe the last one before you see Mad Max six times. :lol

When I was a kid I always associated "I think this is the beginning of a beautiful friendship" with Bugs Bunny/Looney Tunes instead of Humphrey Bogart. Kids today will grow up thinking that "there are no strings on me" was coined by Ultron. :lol

Just got back from seeing this. . . unfortunately the theater ****ed up the projection and the brightness was off. It looked like I was watching a bootleg. I regret not speaking up to the manager before the movie started, as I could tell something was off just from the trailers, but I just kind of assumed it would get better. Anyways. . .

My main takeaway from the film is that they need to get Joss away from MCU, his shtick of killing off characters is getting rather tired at this point.

How will Thanos get the gem attached to Visions head? Omfg does he kill him Ned Stark style??

More importantly, what if Vision trips, flight doesn't kick in, and lands face first on the ground?

chorizo-sausage-falls-on-face-o.gif

earth-explode-o.gif

???

Had to leave on a business trip to LA on short notice...So what to do on Mother's Day? Watch AoU for the 3rd time :lol

Some of the X-Men scenes did look like guys on wires (which it was), but I think there is a certain charm to that. I like practical effects, sue me. Some of the Avengers shots look like a video game, but that works for the most part, and the CG usually isn't so bad as to distract me from the story. Neither is perfect, but both worked in my opinion.

How will Thanos get the gem attached to Visions head? Omfg does he kill him Ned Stark style??
I wondered the same thing. Obviously, Thanos is going to get it. So, it either means Vision's gonna kick the bucket pretty soon, or he'll have to find some other energy supply. Maybe Stark will synthesize that energy or something.

Funny, that's the first shot I've seen where RDJ looks like the Hot Toys Stark. Coming back to the Parkour thing, are you suggesting that Magneto should be doing parkour? Because if so, I'm 100% with you.

Funny, that's the first shot I've seen where RDJ looks like the Hot Toys Stark. Coming back to the Parkour thing, are you suggesting that Magneto should be doing parkour? Because if so, I'm 100% with you.

Sure why not. Though if you're actually being serious I was comparing Beast's leaping around to Captain America's and Magneto's flying to that of the Vision.

I'm not saying that DOFP *didn't* have it's share of eye-popping visuals though. That floating stadium and 70's Sentinels were about as photo-real as you can get.

IM3 had a "China cut" and TWS had different "to do" lists based on the country. Any news of localization for AoU? Does the one doctor chick become the Vision or something in Korea?

Does Thor awkwardly float on visible wires in Louisiana?

Sure why not. Though if you're actually being serious I was comparing Beast's leaping around to Captain America's and Magneto's flying to that of the Vision.
Beast isn't just some agile, athletic human though, he's like a super agile monkey. So I think it's appropriate to make him do more than just run around, hurdling over things. But obviously you get a more realistic look when you have actual humans doing that than a guy who can jump to the top of a staircase and hang upside down from his feet.
Does Thor awkwardly float on visible wires in Louisiana?
Nah, still looks like Racoon Mario when he's flying around :(

Back