Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I've watched Transformers: The Movie (1986) more times than I can count. I even had my dad put the entire movie on a cassette tape so I could listen to it in the car.

Objectively, I know it's a dumb stupid loud 90 minute commercial for toys. But I freaking LOOOOVED it.

Still do.

I've watched Transformers: The Movie (1986) more times than I can count. I even had my dad put the entire movie on a cassette tape so I could listen to it in the car.

Objectively, I know it's a dumb stupid loud 90 minute commercial for toys. But I freaking LOOOOVED it.

Still do.
Same, I even liked (and still like) the 1987 GI Joe movie which I don't think *anybody* else enjoys, lol.

Yep and the first big letdown I ever experienced on the big screen. With all the hype and trailers I was literally expecting a TDK/TB experience, imagine my reaction to Jack sticking his tongue out and making fart sounds as he danced around.

Glad it wasn't just me. This was literally the headline on my review at the time...

QcqbFfP.jpg

And it may be an unpopular opinion, but I thought Returns was better.

Of course TDK was eventually the one I'd been waiting for.

I was born in 1989. So, whilst I grew up on Indiana Jones, Batman '89/Batman Returns, OT Star Wars, Ghostbusters, Back to the Future, Universal Monsters etc. I wasn't born or was too young to experience them at the cinema.

My fondest memories of seeing movies at the cinema up until the age of 10 were;

1686301802317.png

1686301504211.png

*Watching "Jurassic Park", I was having the best time but was also terrified. With hindsight, being only a 4 year-old I was probably too young to see this. My Dad felt terrible afterwards as I was visibly frightened during certain scenes (he had never read the book so had no idea how dark the movie could be). But overall I was amazed and had all the toys etc.

1686302258771.png

1686301944604.png

1686301764596.png

1686301886777.png

1686302351755.png

1686302048901.png

*The toys from "Men in Black" were AWESOME.

1686302016418.png

1686302074768.png

*I loved this movie in 1999, and continue to love it to this day.

Last edited:
I was born in 1989. So, whilst I grew up on Indiana Jones, Batman '89/Batman Returns, OT Star Wars, Ghostbusters, Back to the Future, Universal Monsters etc. I wasn't born or was too young to experience them at the cinema.

My fondest memories of seeing movies at the cinema up until the age of 10 were;

View attachment 643954

View attachment 643952

*Watching "Jurassic Park", I was having the best time but was also terrified. With hindsight, being only a 4 year-old I was probably too young to see this. My Dad felt terrible afterwards as I was visibly frightened during certain scenes (he had never read the book so had no idea how dark the move could be). But overall I was amazed and had all the toys etc.

View attachment 643960

View attachment 643956

View attachment 643953

View attachment 643955

View attachment 643961

View attachment 643958

*The toys from "Men in Black" were AWESOME.

View attachment 643957

View attachment 643959

*I loved this movie in 1999, and continue to love it to this day.
I remember watching all of these but jp is the one I didn’t see in the theater cause my parents thought it was to scary but I want afriad of dinosaurs.

Your JP was my Poltergeist. I was so mad that my parents wouldn't take me to see that one when it was all my friends were talking about at school, lol.
Yeah I was jealous because my sister was two years older and could see Poltergeist in 82 but I couldn’t. I showed it to my nine year old recently and he loved it!

I don't know anyone who saw it. Nobody even talks about it either. It's like a ghost. I don't see how that box office is possible.

The exact opposite for me, most people I talk to went as saw it and I was one of the few who didn’t. I’m sure I’ll check it out now that it’s streaming.

Back