Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

matticus

Super Freak
Reaction score
Releases December 16, 2022

From Twitter
JUST IN: Avatar 2 is called Avatar: The Way of Water. The first footage was STUNNING. The footage we just watched will play only in theaters with #DoctorStrange next week. A week later it will be online. #CinemaCon

Here we go… #Avatar2 is the finisher for Disney at #CinemaCon. Producer Jon Landau is on stage now. They are re-releasing the original Avatar in theaters around the world this September, remastering the picture & sound. “Each sequel will play out as a standalone movie.”

A message from James Cameron screens. Cameron says every shot was designed for the biggest screen, highest resolution and frame rage. “We wanted to push the limits of what theaters can do.” We’re previewing footage now… #CinemaCon

20220427183148_122094.jpeg

Last edited:
That sounds like a Last Airbender spinoff and not a James Cameron Avatar sequel.

First off. This movie is years to late. Should have struck while the iron was hot

second. It definitely sounds like an avatar the last airbender spin off show.

I'm ready to throw 600$ on a plastic blue alien longcat doll pronto!

Let's be honest, the actual film won't be half as cool as this concept art. I'm curious to see it, I'm not going to lie, but I think it'll end up being a "flop" considering the circumstances that made the first one such a success.

I remember reading a couple years back an interview with Cameron in which he talked about this film using a revolutionary 3D tech that no longer requires wearing the glasses required by the current tech. He explained this development is why the sequel has taken so long. I’m going to assume that the movie is still using this brand new 3D format.

I agree with others that there’s a whole generation of moviegoers that never saw the original, plus so much water under the bridge for those that did that there’s no automatic hype baked in for a movie like this.

But if the new 3D tech delivers that almost by itself will make it must-see.

Fortuitously for this release, yesterday Dr. Anthony Fauci said the pandemic is basically over now (and if he’s saying that the CDC is soon to make similar announcement.)

And finally there’s no denying that James Cameron knows how to tell a story the connects with the critics and GA. He’s done it time and again.

I think this movie will be huge.

Back