Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
All of Part 3 already filmed, Parts 4 and 5 already written...no scrambling to figure out how to end the series at the last minute, this will be an amazing thing to behold (for one reason or another) when all is said and done.

It's very rare to have a franchise of this caliber not adapted from another literary source (whether it be novels or comics) that doesn't adopt the "making it up as we go" approach.

Speaking of death... will Cameron die on this hill, or make the last, great new IP in the world?
Yeah, we'll see.

It's not often that someone attempts to write another "Star Wars" and create a new IP solely for the big screen that attempts to create a bona fide saga (as opposed to episodic stand-alone sequels like Indy, Terminator, ALIEN, etc.) The Matrix tried and to a lesser extent POTC but such examples are surprisingly few.

All of Part 3 already filmed, Parts 4 and 5 already written...no scrambling to figure out how to end the series at the last minute, this will be an amazing thing to behold (for one reason or another) when all is said and done.

It's very rare to have a franchise of this caliber not adapted from another literary source (whether it be novels or comics) that doesn't adopt the "making it up as we go" approach.

He even had a screenplay lying around that they turned into a AWOW prequel!

https://www.darkhorse.com/Blog/3664/return-pandora-early-high-ground

He even had a screenplay lying around that they turned into a AWOW prequel!

https://www.darkhorse.com/Blog/3664/return-pandora-early-high-ground
Wow those have really cool covers! The second issue in particular features a pretty striking image of what appears to be Na'vi fighting in space. That'll be very cool if we see that in live-action as it's very reminiscent of pulp sci-fi stories like what Leigh Brackett and others used to write back in the 40's.

3002269.jpg

planet-stories-september-1953-freas.jpg

If Cameron retains the "Elemental" theme for each movie, he will get to space by Movie 5.

Spoiler Spoiler:

Saw this last night. Visually stunning. You really feel like you are amongst it all. There isn’t much plot development, but that was expected going in.
Still, has to be seen at the cinema to appreciate the scope of such a film.
3+ hours is too long, would be happy to immerse myself in the world of Tolkien for that timeframe, but not pandora.

Wow those have really cool covers! The second issue in particular features a pretty striking image of what appears to be Na'vi fighting in space. That'll be very cool if we see that in live-action as it's very reminiscent of pulp sci-fi stories like what Leigh Brackett and others used to write back in the 40's.

3002269.jpg

planet-stories-september-1953-freas.jpg

I thought maybe it would be Cameron’s version of Splinter of the Mind’s Eye but nothing he does is low-budget.

I know this movie is going to be exactly what I expect it to be, nothing more, nothing less.

That was pretty much my reaction. It met expectations, didn’t exceed or fall short.

Someone needs to ask if Alita 2 is ever happening 😔
Years from now when interest spikes again they’ll make it. It’s gonna be one of those films that everyone will suddenly love for whatever reason .

Against all odds the fact that Avatar 2 is not hated already made Cameron a winner he just pulled off the equivalent of Indy 5 being loved!

I KNOW, RIGHT!

Back