Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Cameron Wins

BigCornyArcticwolf-size_restricted.gif

Against all odds the fact that Avatar 2 is not hated already made Cameron a winner he just pulled off the equivalent of Indy 5 being loved!

I KNOW, RIGHT!
13 years of pent up "Avatar 1 was massively overrated/how dare Cameron insult the MCU" and he *still* won over the global audience, myself included! :thud:

After simmering for awhile the urge returned to revisit Avatar.

BUT

I still place it below TGM for the year 2022 our lord. TGM is a more fulfilling experience due to the story having a conclusion.

A New Hope had WW2 aerial combat origins how freaking appropriate then that TGM brought it full circle and perfectly married A New Hope with bad ass earth bound fighter jets.

I still haven’t decided who takes 2nd spot for 2022,

The Batman or Avatar 2? ¯\_(ツ)_/¯

2 completely different aesthetics those 2 do not share the same lighting that’s for certain lol

After simmering for awhile the urge returned to revisit Avatar.

BUT

I still place it below TGM for the year 2022 our lord. TGM is a more fulfilling experience due to the story having a conclusion.

A New Hope had WW2 aerial combat origins how freaking appropriate then that TGM brought it full circle and perfectly married A New Hope with bad ass earth bound fighter jets.

I still haven’t decided who takes 2nd spot for 2022,

The Batman or Avatar 2? ¯\_(ツ)_/¯

2 completely different aesthetics those 2 do not share the same lighting that’s for certain lol
No matter how you rank them there's just no going wrong with the Trinity of 2022. I do agree that TGM is the crown jewel because Cameron already proved he could deliver an awesome sequel with both ALIENS and T2 but I never in a million years believed that Top Gun 2 would be good let alone a transcendent hero journey that not only is a near perfect remake of the third act of ANH but also succeeds in introducing likable new cadets at the same time it honors a nearly 60 year old Cruise and ailing Kilmer while also paying tribute to and exceeding the original TG in every way. Such an accomplishment truly boggles the mind. :thud:

Last edited:
Avatar The Way of Water is James Cameron's 4th best film, and the third best film with the word "water" in the title. It's also the second-best film in 2022 with blue underwater people. Good film. I like it.

Finally saw this today. My anticipation for this was very up and down. However I'm glad that I found the motivation to book tickets as I was blown away by the movie.

Amazing visuals, full of heart and lots of epic action.

Would highly recommend seeing it on the big screen. That's coming from someone who has grown content with watching films from the comfort of my own sofa.

Back