Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
The snap thing was kinda dumb. Thanos did it in the comics, so it makes sense he did it in the movies. And Gamorra reinforced his power/abilities with the guantlet by phrasing "with a snap". But the guantlet, I would assume, responds to the users desires if you know how to use the stones in conjunction to one another. Its not like he snapped his fingers everytime he used the stones' power(s).

Everyone snapping their fingers was dumb. Unless it was just meant to be a FU to Thanos. The snap is just a physical gesture. Both Smart Hulk and Tony really didn't need to do a snap of the fingers as well. They could've just manifested their desires. They could've done a dance if they so chose. Or given him the finger with a smile. :lol

AWOW reacting to M3GAN's Friday box office:

AT-ST-From-Star-Wars-Ewoks-Scene.gif

AWOW reacting to M3GAN's Friday box office:

AT-ST-From-Star-Wars-Ewoks-Scene.gif
Had NWH been a 2022 release it would’ve definitely been a year to be remembered like the greats of the 80’s and it was close to being just that!

Imagine this:

NWH
TB
TGM

Sheesh

You seriously can’t ask for more than that it one year.

1 masterpiece every 3 months and 3 out of the 4 are 3 hours in length!

I wish I could add Dune to that list but nope lol

Last edited:
It was at 1.5 on Thursday and is already at 1.7 just four days later. I think it might go the distance! :panic:

Sully's kids >>> Thanos' snap? :thud:
Avatar has the advantage with unadjusted numbers of inflation over 4-5 years, plus the 3D price difference.
It would be interesting to see a comparison of number of tickets sold.

That said, it's great to see this movie make a profit as I did enjoy it.

Simply stunning. Even without AWOW making #1, if Cameron boasts three of the all-time top five he will truly be king of the world.
But he’s not really #1. Avatar had FIVE separate releases and it wasn’t until it’s fourth (and second China release) that it overtook Endgame. If we’re talking initial runs, Endgame is king. And if we’re adjusting for inflation, neither are in the running lol.

But he’s not really #1. Avatar had FIVE separate releases and it wasn’t until it’s fourth (and second China release) that it overtook Endgame. If we’re talking initial runs, Endgame is king. And if we’re adjusting for inflation, neither are in the running lol.
How do you think Gone with the Wind became the undisputed king of ticket sales? By being re-released in theaters every few years decades before VCR's or even televisions gave people the option to watch it at home. That's a pretty big freaking asterisk that the "adjusted for inflation" folks tend to ignore.

Also both EG and NWH *did* get re-released to less than stellar results. The fact that Avatar has gotten five releases that have exponentially added to its running total only speaks to its longevity even further.

How do you think Gone with the Wind became the undisputed king of ticket sales? By being re-released in theaters every few years decades before VCR's or even televisions gave people the option to watch it at home. That's a pretty big freaking asterisk that the "adjusted for inflation" folks tend to ignore.

Also both EG and NWH *did* get re-released to less than stellar results. The fact that Avatar has gotten five releases that have exponentially added to its running total only speaks to its longevity even further.
Box Office Mojo only shows one release for Endgame, so I was going off that. It may have had its release expanded (put back in more theaters), but if so it was before its initial theatrical run ended - i.e., it technically never left. Besides, when would it have been re-released? FFH came out later that summer, followed by TROS that December (Disney wouldn’t put it up against its other big franchise), then the pandemic hit. This re-release you speak of never happened. But regardless, I don’t mean to rain on Cameron’s parade - AWOW is a resounding success any way you slice it. Or so I hear lol…

Box Office Mojo only shows one release for Endgame, so I was going off that. It may have had its release expanded (put back in more theaters), but if so it was before its initial theatrical run ended - i.e., it technically never left. Besides, when would it have been re-released? FFH came out later that summer, followed by TROS that December (Disney wouldn’t put it up against its other big franchise), then the pandemic hit. This re-release you speak of never happened. But regardless, I don’t mean to rain on Cameron’s parade - AWOW is a resounding success any way you slice it. Or so I hear lol…
EG was re-released the weekend before FFH with extra stuff added to the credits to try and push it past Avatar (which it temporarily did until Avatar itself got re-released in China the following year.)

Google it. It hadn't fully left all theaters but everyone still called it a re-release, including Feige.

It definitely didn't just hang on of its own accord due to audience interest like say Maverick which came out last May and only just got kicked out of the local AMC IMAX screens by AWOW with no extra marketing push, no extra scenes...

But I don't want to rain on EG's short lived parade. It did what it had to to reach number one and the Russos should be very proud that Cameron himself congratulated Feige for his accomplishment, lol.

Last edited:
Back