Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I am curious about the re-watch factor on AWOW... and just how many people are taking a 2nd dip.
Traditionally movies that experience a small dip weekend after weekend are due to repeat viewings as opposed to brand new people choosing to see it each successive week. That being said I couldn't wait to watch AWOW multiple times but I haven't gotten the impression that anyone else here has felt the same, lol.

The final battle on the ship is fantastic. In a perfect world HT would make Recom Quaritch and Neytiri but I highly doubt they will.

That's what I mean, doesn't seem like 2nd viewing is popular. But EVERYONE is taking that first viewing though which may be enough to support the film especially during the holidays. This coming weekend will be much more telling.

The audacity of Disney to think a handful of their cookie-cutter creatives could do better than Gilroy.
Then that's very concerning for Season 2...
Read an interview with Gilroy on the matter. He confirmed that Lucasfilm went to him for feedback on their original idea (helmed by someone else) and he responded with his own dark concept for the show. Lucasfilm went back to developing their first idea and ran into a dead end, then became more open to Gilroy's take. This was followed by months of back-and-forth, "testing each other" in Gilroy's words, but ultimately he got a good amount of leeway.

I guess it's not so much that they ran out of time to replace him, but that their own version wasn't going anywhere and they eventually let him do his thing. We're lucky they realized this before production began.

Point being that the heads of these studios usually try to bring on more malleable creatives at first. If something better slips through, it's rarely by their own design.

Last edited:
He already has, lol...

JamesCameron_NZE01.jpg
Put some white sneakers on him and he looks ready to walk the mall with the rest of the senior citizens lol...

AWOW opening weekend: $134,100,226
TGM opening weekend: $127,707,459

Interesting that the two biggest films of the year had smaller opening weekends (in some cases much smaller) than Multiverse of Madness, Thor Love and Thunder, and Wakanda Forever.

It's like Marvel's philosophy has become "make an awesome trailer that makes people want to see the movie opening weekend" while Cruise and Cameron's philosophy is "make an awesome movie that people will want to see over and over."
Should have recasted black panther 😊. Glad the second film wasn’t as good the first

Disney do a ton of great stuff but if it isn’t Marvel or Star Wars it gets lost in the shuffle. Like Mysterious Benedict Society, World According To Jeff Goldblum, The Bear, Abbott Elementary, Andor, The Patient, The Old Man, Pam & Tommy, Only Murders In The Building, Pistol, Strange World, Chip n Dale Rescue Rangers, Turning Red.
Love how casually you snuck in Andor under non-star wars content there

As of today:

TGM $1.49 billion
AWOW $1.51 billion

It also just knocked Furious 7 out of the Top 10 all time (thank God, lol) and is about to overtake the original Avengers (1.518 billion) as well.

Now the only question is where it will stop. Cameron does it again.

As of today:

TGM $1.49 billion
AWOW $1.51 billion

It also just knocked Furious 7 out of the Top 10 all time (thank God, lol) and is about to overtake the original Avengers (1.518 billion) as well.

Now the only question is where it will stop. Cameron does it again.
Di Di Di Did YOU SAY AVENGERS….

How's just Domestic performance?

23rd. ($457 million)

Wouldn't mind seeing this knock TFA out of place. Not sure I'm ready to see a world where Avatar holds the top 5 all-time spots by 2029.

It definitely won't top TFA ($936 million) and I'm guessing won't match the domestic of The Avengers ($623 million) or TGM ($718 million) either. Okay maybe The Avengers but I'll be very surprised if it matches TGM's domestic.

Despite its success, there sure isn't a lot of excitement in this thread.

Pandora just doesn't seem like a world a lot of people want to spend too much time in beyond the initial 3 hour experience.

Back