Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
e19d9b53-bc0d-42d0-8093-86f63adcab73_text.gif
I do have a belly and man boobs lol

I honestly can't be bothered to watch Avatar 2, number 1 was meh, but the discussion here is very much worth reading and almost certainly more entertaining than the actual movie I am sure.

As for 2022 movies in general, I have yet to watch the Batman but I hope it is good. I heard that the Whale is good too. Need to watch Sonic 2: Electric Boogaloo at some point come to think of it in adition to RRR and TGM. Oh! and Bodies Bodies Bodies. And windfall. And Triangle of Sadness. And The Menu. Ok, I have loads of catching up to do.

So far my top 3 films might be Everything Everywhere All at Once, Weird: the Al Yancovich Story and Nope, despite none of them being masterpieces (I just did not see any film this year that blew me away).

The Unbearable Weight of Massive Talent was sort of ok but I didn't finish it yet so cant properly rate it.

Multiverse of Madness was bland flavourless MCU, Morbius was actually not as bad as most claim, which is worse because I can't even enjoy it in a so bad it's good kinda way, it is just dull crap. Amsterdam was so bad I couldn't continue watching after 20-30 mins, Emily the Criminal felt anticlimactic, Prey was forgettable, same for Lost City and Death on the Nile too come to think of it, See How They Run was barely ok, Thor Love and Thunder was just insultingly bad while Uncharted felt like a return to the old tradition of video game movies sucking.

Though not the worst film of the year Glass Onion was certainly the one that irritated me the most mainly because of how insanely overrated it is. It is was not smartly written at all and relies heavily on withholding info from the audience to maintain mystery rather than smartly constructing a puzzle to solve.

I hope 2023 brings us good cinema! We need more all time classics and timeless popcorn fun to watch rather than constantly falling back on films mostly from 80's-90's. More Predestination and 21 Jump Street, less Morbius and Thor Love and Thunder

You sure spend a lot of time clicking on anti-Cameron youtube videos don't you?

;)

Well with all the bizarre stuff that's been spewing out of this mouth lately he's an easy target.

These Hollyweird clowns need to keep their mouths shut and just focus all their energy on making good films.

Well with all the bizarre stuff that's been spewing out of this mouth lately he's an easy target.

"Lately?" Cameron's statements and the messages he has put in his films have made him a walking contradiction for decades.

These Hollyweird clowns need to keep their mouths shut and just focus all their energy on making good films.

In general I agree though I'm not sure that a reasonable case can be made that it in any way applies to James Cameron. Again because his public statements have contradicted the messages of his films on various levels going back to the 80's for one, and for another I've never found his public persona to undermine the underlying themes of his films nor their value as entertainment. Cameron is just gonna Cameron, and we can either laugh or shake our heads, but calling him out and making/posting Youtube videos about it after he's been doing it this many years just feels passé to me but maybe that's because I've been watching his movies and following his career for so long.

Last edited:
Haven’t you heard…

T1/T2/Aliens/True Lies all suck now lol
Pretty much. I mean his current comments about being glad he lives in New Zealand where guns are banned the very same month he releases AWOW which is basically a $350 million commercial for the 2nd amendment is no more contradictory than T2's message that if a Terminator can learn the value of blowing off people's kneecaps and maiming them for life then maybe we can too, lol.

Even more contradictory than Cameron is the whiplash takes of these Youtuber influencers. I watched a few Avatar behind the scenes videos so of course now I'm getting all these "hot takes" in my recommendations. What's hilarious is seeing the thumbnails of AWOW's first weekend where Disney forecasted that it'd make $135-150 million and it "only" made $130 million. So of course there's all these thumbnails of Cameron's face photoshopped to be crying and the video titles going off about how he's panicking, melting down, etc. over the fact that his movie "bombed" and then three weeks later those same Youtuber's have thumbnails forecasting it to hit 2 billion as it sails past the mighty TGM's total earnings. What a bunch of phonies.

Last edited:
As for 2022 movies in general, I have yet to watch the Batman but I hope it is good. I heard that the Whale is good too. Need to watch Sonic 2: Electric Boogaloo at some point come to think of it in adition to RRR and TGM. Oh! and Bodies Bodies Bodies. And windfall. And Triangle of Sadness. And The Menu. Ok, I have loads of catching up to do.
You have to see RRR, my favorite of the year!

About to break even at $1.38 billion 🙀
Yeah Variety is now reporting that the updated break even point is a whopping 1.4 billion, down from the initial 2 billion claim. Which is insane on two counts, first that it had to actually earn that much and second that it did earn that much. :google

Pretty much. I mean his current comments about being glad he lives in New Zealand where guns are banned the very same month he releases AWOW which is basically a $350 million commercial for the 2nd amendment is no more contradictory than T2's message that if a Terminator can learn the value of blowing off people's kneecaps and maiming them for life then maybe we can too, lol.

Even more contradictory than Cameron is the whiplash takes of these Youtuber influencers. I watched a few Avatar behind the scenes videos so of course now I'm getting all these "hot takes" in my recommendations. What's hilarious is seeing the thumbnails of AWOW's first weekend where Disney forecasted that it'd make $135-150 million and it "only" made $130 million. So of course there's all these thumbnails of Cameron's face photoshopped to be crying and the video titles going off about how he's panicking, melting down, etc. over the fact that his movie "bombed" and then three weeks later those same Youtuber's have thumbnails forecasting it to hit 2 billion as it sails past the mighty TGM's total earnings. What a bunch of phonies.
I loved Cameron from 84 until about 10 years ago, and have only disliked True Lies from its release. To me he is the most jinsanely talented director the film industry has ever seen; not because he makes the best films - because he doesn't - but because he is so intelligent and talented he can do virtually every job in every department at the highest level. He is literally a genius.

Saying that, I've never heard him sprout off the odd things he's been saying in the last few months - and I'm not talking about the "messages" in his films.

I started to become wary of him when he started advocating so many of the Terminator films saying basically "it's the best since T2" and then after they fail saying "I just did it to support the film because I didn't want it to fail." Couple that with the Dark Fate debacle and that's when I started to lose all respect for him.

So with respect to you and jye, who clearly liked the movie the most and are the biggest advocates on this forum - don't think you know anything about my history as a Cameron fan. I've watched ever film, studied every "making of", watched his Master Class, have every edition of the films since back in the Laserdiscs days (except True Lies) and have until recently, thought he was one of the best ever.

Also, at no point were any of my posts regarding is older films trying to be "cool." Like others here, some of them haven't aged well for me. Simple as that.

So again, you and jye can love this all you want, and like you guys singing it's endless praises here, there are others like myself that have a different opinion and want to share them to. At no point has there ever been personal attacks at those that like it, but oddly, with your endless defense of the film, anyone would think you wrote and directed.

I'll happily depart the thread now as to not upset you two anymore.

Enjoy!

I loved Cameron from 84 until about 10 years ago, and have only disliked True Lies from its release. To me he is the most jinsanely talented director the film industry has ever seen; not because he makes the best films - because he doesn't - but because he is so intelligent and talented he can do virtually every job in every department at the highest level. He is literally a genius.

Saying that, I've never heard him sprout off the odd things he's been saying in the last few months - and I'm not talking about the "messages" in his films.

I started to become wary of him when he started advocating so many of the Terminator films saying basically "it's the best since T2" and then after they fail saying "I just did it to support the film because I didn't want it to fail." Couple that with the Dark Fate debacle and that's when I started to lose all respect for him.

So with respect to you and jye, who clearly liked the movie the most and are the biggest advocates on this forum - don't think you know anything about my history as a Cameron fan. I've watched ever film, studied every "making of", watched his Master Class, have every edition of the films since back in the Laserdiscs days (except True Lies) and have until recently, thought he was one of the best ever.

Also, at no point were any of my posts regarding is older films trying to be "cool." Like others here, some of them haven't aged well for me. Simple as that.

So again, you and jye can love this all you want, and like you guys singing it's endless praises here, there are others like myself that have a different opinion and want to share them to. At no point has there ever been personal attacks at those that like it, but oddly, with your endless defense of the film, anyone would think you wrote and directed.

Enjoy!
Great post please stay lol

I find that with Cameron, if it’s a press junket that’s when he flies off the handle. But if it’s a documentary or commentary he’s still a snob, but an insanely talented snob. Go and listen to the commentary he did with Soderbergh on the remake of Solaris, it’s a really good, interesting ying and yang between two completely different filmmakers.

So true. Even to the point where Leo's drawings in Titanic were actually his own, including the famous picture of Rose herself. Absolutely unreal.

Yeah, I think his praise of Genysis and Dark Fate (and then immediate reversal and finger pointing when the public rejected both) was very off putting and probably the straws that broke the camel's back for our friend a-dev. Even Cameron's comments the past couple weeks about his own "hubris" for thinking that audiences would still care enough to watch old Sarah and Arnold really come across as personal jabs against Linda and Arnold themselves and not true ownership on his part.

Enjoy!
Actually I quite enjoy posts like the one you're making here because it's actually you making the points as opposed to just posting links to "Critical Drinker's Recommended Youtube Channels." I'm not upset I just question the point of having a discussion via Youtube proxy (especially when those Youtubers are solely posting what they think will get them the most clicks from their subscriber base to keep their "brand" going and nothing more.)

And for whatever it's worth I didn't mean for my comment about me following Cameron's career for a long time to suggest that I'm the end all/be all authority on his life and that my knowledge trumps yours, on the contrary it was to suggest that maybe it has simply given me a subconscious bias in his favor which allows me to turn a blind (or blinder) eye to the silly and contradictory things he has said and continues to say.

Last edited:
Back