Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Avatar 2....."Hey bro....easy bro.....come on bro."
Cameron writing dialogue for the youths:

how-do-you-do-fellow-kids-steve-buscemi.gif

Yeah to all who grew up on Dreamscape, Freddy Krueger, etc., Inception's imagination was definitely lacking.

"Dreamscape" managed to convince me that the nightmare Snake Man was so f$%^ing scary that I was afraid to go to sleep, too...just like the kid in the movie. Jeez, that guy scared the living snot outta me. Haven't seen that movie in decades...wonder if it's still as pants-crappingly terrifying.

"Dreamscape" managed to convince me that the nightmare Snake Man was so f$%^ing scary that I was afraid to go to sleep, too...just like the kid in the movie. Jeez, that guy scared the living snot outta me. Haven't seen that movie in decades...wonder if it's still as pants-crappingly terrifying.
I rewatched it as an adult and of course it was no longer scary per se but the nightmare sequences still had an awesomely creepy vibe to them. Being stuck in a house with the snake man, finding an adult who you think will help but doesn't, running out of the room and then hearing the adult screaming, escaping out the door and then it's this seemingly infinite staircase spiraling down into darkness--absolutely the stuff nightmares are made of.

Going to make a potentially unpopular comment: personally, I think Nolan is insanely overrated.

Of all his movies I would only rate (obviously) The Dark Knight as great. The Prestige and Batman Begins were good.

Inception was average.
Interstellar and Tenet are self indulgent wankfests.
And Dunkirk is by far the most overrated war movie in history. Zero emotion or impact. Same shots over and over again. Just a mind numbing bore without any character engagement.

Compared to Saving Private Ryan (and I'm not a huge fan of that because of one plot device), it's chalk and cheese. But that opening alone on SPR clearly display the sheer horror of war.

(On a side note, check out All Quiet on the Western Front 2022, for a gut wrenching opening about the horrors of war that doesn't use violence as its device).

Going to make a potentially unpopular comment: personally, I think Nolan is insanely overrated.

Of all his movies I would only rate (obviously) The Dark Knight as great. The Prestige and Batman Begins were good.

Inception was average.
Interstellar and Tenet are self indulgent wankfests.
And Dunkirk is by far the most overrated war movie in history. Zero emotion or impact. Same shots over and over again. Just a mind numbing bore without any character engagement.

Compared to Saving Private Ryan (and I'm not a huge fan of that because of one plot device), it's chalk and cheese. But that opening alone on SPR clearly display the sheer horror of war.

(On a side note, check out All Quiet on the Western Front 2022, for a gut wrenching opening about the horrors of war that doesn't use violence as its device).
It doesn't seem to be unpopular on here at least, as we've moved into a Nolan sucks conversation.

Personally, I am a fan of Nolan, but some of his movies are overrated, such as Dunkirk.

I do really like Inception, while Interstellar and Tenet are a bit indulgent. Dunkirk was good, but not one of the top tier war movies. I love the Nolan trilogy, including TDKR, with BB being my favourite. Insomnia and The Prestige are also great.

We all have different tastes, so I'm not going to say you're wrong if you don't like him, but he does resonate with the general audience and critics, which is indicated by the high movie ratings for his movies by both camps.

Well. I honestly feel like it has.

I don't think anything good is ever going to happen again, and I don't think there's anything to look forward to in life except misery. Maybe sometime soon we'll all be looking back at the time in our lives when we could collect dolls and complain about movies and think "how did we ever have it so good?"

Anyway. More depressing crap like that in my thread about how I got fired. I won't ruin the Wetness of Wet Water thread with my sad sack ****.

Well. I honestly feel like it has.

I don't think anything good is ever going to happen again, and I don't think there's anything to look forward to in life except misery. Maybe sometime soon we'll all be looking back at the time in our lives when we could collect dolls and complain about movies and think "how did we ever have it so good?"

Anyway. More depressing crap like that in my thread about how I got fired. I won't ruin the Wetness of Wet Water thread with my sad sack ****.
You remind me of that horse thing from Winnie the Pooh.

Truly was a stupid movie. Back then fanboys were still coming down from the dark knight craze so they thought everything he touched was golden. I remember thinking the movie sucked and was boring.
But again people were crying at the time that it was “original “ because the hatred for avatar had ballooned so big it made people accept crappy films as original.
Remember the hurt locker? Neither does anyone else. But people didn’t want avatar to win so it won by default .
I do. Great movie. :dunno

Friends dragged me to see this last night.
By god what a steaming pile of TopHat.

If one more character said bro or cuz in that movie I was gonna burn the whole place down Tarantino style.

Plot was completely non existent and idiotic - how did running to the water people help the naavi back home? Don't the humans still want to "pacify" that area? Aren't they just going to get massacred there now? how were they expecting to blend in with the sea naavi despite being so obviously physically different from every other naavi there? wasn't it obvious that they would be bringing the marines to the water people by hiding there? so people in the future can just upload themselves into a USB and just keep coming back from the dead? so whats the conflict/resolution? doesn't this completely undermine the last films ending and "triumph"? how did Sully NOT expect calling in the choppa to alert the humans to their location! also the second son literally never learns the lesson that the movie tries to hammer into him from the first act, not even AFTER he gets his brother killed!

Honestly I could go all day - the plot was just terrible.
Its clear that Cameron just wanted to move the setting to sea aliens (who are basically maori cliches) rather than forest aliens (who are clearly derived from native american cliches) and forced the "plot" to move the characters there.
It took me literally 2 mins in the car ride back to come up with a better story reason for charactrs to go to the sea people and learn their ways.

I don't need a 3 hour movie to tell me that hunting space whales is bad.

Jesus some of the "serious" lines/moments had me HOWLING unintentionally "you're learning how to breathe!!", the moment that the whale talks, the moment the skipper is like "this is the most valuable substance in the universe and it makes you immortal" and the entire belljar cost only 80 million etc..

Honestly one of the worst films I have ever seen on a plot/writing/dialogue/character level - and given that those are the most important elements to a movie that isn't particularly good......

On a positive note it was sort of pretty? (not really "mindblowing" or alien in visuals though - the ACTUAL ocean on earth has weirder looking stuff in it).... the 3D was good? never really been into 3D but this was the most impressive use of it I've ever seen (but to reiterate - I have maybe seen 4 3D movies in my life)

Last edited:
Avatar 2 has become only the 6th film ever to cross $1B in the first two weeks of release, and the 4th Disney release to do so.
I just realized that for 2022 we have now had three films pass $1 billion and not a single one from Marvel or DC despite no less than six superhero movies being released (counting Morbius, lol). The end of an era...

Screw Iger it is James Cameron who is saving Disney, lol.

I just realized that for 2022 we have now had three films pass $1 billion and not a single one from Marvel or DC despite no less than six superhero movies being released (counting Morbius, lol). The end of an era...

Screw Iger it is James Cameron who is saving Disney, lol.
Well said as usual my forum life friend lol

Back