Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I still prefer TGM and TB over Avatar 2 but to dismiss this movie as fluff is just nonsense that point of view exists solely for the purpose of trying to make oneself seem cool to Wor-Gar lol
I still can't believe that we got TB, TGM, and AWOW all in the same calendar year. :thud:

And as AWOW continues to dominate the box office (looks like it might finish well in the Top 10 all time) it not only proved that Cameron could deliver a satisfying follow-up to the original but it also forever proves that A1 was not a fluke! "Oh it was just the 3D, the CGI, the timing of a crowd-pleasing blockbuster, etc." Nope! People just enjoy Cameron Avatar regardless of whether 3D or photoreal CGI is a new thing or not. :rock

Well said as usual my forum life friend lol

75z6rt.jpg

:hi5:

I just realized that for 2022 we have now had three films pass $1 billion and not a single one from Marvel or DC despite no less than six superhero movies being released (counting Morbius, lol). The end of an era...

Screw Iger it is James Cameron who is saving Disney, lol.
Well the films this year sucked . Mom was the hugest film this yr but was ok. Thor was ass. Morbius was ass. Jurassic dom was ass. People loved top gun and the Batman was pretty good.

Sonic 2 is probably the best film this year tho. The Oscar’s are gonna snub it tho because he’s blue.

Jurassic World Dominion (sadly.)
Should have been sonic but the government wouldn’t allow it. Don’t worry tho. Sonic gate is in full effect and on Jan 6 we will storm the box office or whatever place they hold the box office results

I still can't believe that we got TB, TGM, and AWOW all in the same calendar year. :thud:

And as AWOW continues to dominate the box office (looks like it might finish well in the Top 10 all time) it not only proved that Cameron could deliver a satisfying follow-up to the original but it also forever proves that A1 was not a fluke! "Oh it was just the 3D, the CGI, the timing of a crowd-pleasing blockbuster, etc." Nope! People just enjoy Cameron Avatar regardless of whether 3D or photoreal CGI is a new thing or not. :rock
Honestly I was a big Avatar naysayer soley impressed with the 3D tech.

The ecological lecture bored me.

With Avatar 2 the ecological lecture was replaced with a minor whaling message and the 3D pop out was mostly replaced with super glass smooth HFR and i’m certainly a different person than I was in 2009 and I have to say this time out the story, the pacing, the character and world building, the massive improvements in cgi, just everything resonated more with me.

The 3D technology crutch is no longer needed to enjoy Avatar and even the HFR isn’t necessary to enjoy it BECAUSE it was the positive traditional family dynamics story mixed with exciting set pieces that carried the movie for me.

I can easily watch Avatar 2 in 2D HFR/HDR and get full enjoyment out of it I don’t even need it in 3D!

Hell this is going to look gorgeous in 4K 2D HFR/HDR! :thud:

Now will I buy the 3D version well yeah sure why not it’s certainly tempting BUT at the end of the day Cameron succeeded in giving us an Avatar movie that can be enjoyed for the story and not the 3D.

Last edited:
Honestly I was a big Avatar naysayer soley impressed with the 3D tech.

The ecological lecture bored me.

Yes individual critiques/opinions are still valid I was speaking more to the overall global success of what is now a bona fide series. No one can say that either is a fluke now. :yess:

To me the Romeo/Juliet love story and awesome action of the first one transcend the preachy ecological message but I know that many feel as you do.

The super likable kids and stakes of a father fighting for his family (as opposed to the environment) combined with the insanely eye-popping action and awesome villain (Quaritch 2.0) is what propels the second into the stratosphere for me.

With Avatar 2 the ecological lecture was replaced with a minor whaling message and the 3D pop out was mostly replaced with super glass smooth HFR and i’m certainly a different person than I was in 2009 and I have to say this time out the story, the pacing, the character and world building, the massive improvements in cgi, just everything resonated more with me.

The 3D technology crutch is no longer needed to enjoy Avatar and even the HFR isn’t necessary to enjoy it BECAUSE it was the positive traditional family dynamics story mixed with exciting set pieces that carried the movie for me.

I can easily watch Avatar 2 in 2D HFR/HDR and get full enjoyment out of it I don’t even need it in 3D!

Hell this is going to look gorgeous in 4K 2D HFR/HDR! :thud:

Now will I buy the 3D version well yeah sure why not it’s certainly tempting BUT at the end of the day Cameron succeeded in giving us an Avatar movie that can be enjoyed for the story and not the 3D.

Dude to my eye the 4K Hobbit films are the absolute best looking discs I own and even in 2D I've got to imagine that a lot of it has to do with the extra information provided by the HFR film capture so I can't freaking wait to revisit AWOW at home. :rock

I don’t understand the Nolan hate especially for Dunkirk. The experience of seeing that at Imax is still one of the most thrilling cinema experiences I’ve ever had. The photography and sound was an assault on the senses in the best possible way. The Prestige, Memento, Batman Begins, The Dark Knight, all great films.

I also do appreciate the extra thematic layer in this so-called shallow fluff movie of spider (dumb name btw) questionable action of saving his “bad” father being the equivalent of humans ambivalence towards corporations that deem it necessary to slaughter specific species.

Last edited:
Didn't like Tenet, Inception was decent but it didn't blow my mind like it seemed to blow everyone elses back then, Dunkirk was decent but not the best war film ever made, The Prestige IS a very good film one of Nolan's best in my opinion, Batman Begins & Dark Knight are brilliant, DKR is riddled with holes despite having a good atmosphere, been a long time since ive seen Memento but I remember enjoying it/thinking it was decent. Never seen Interstellar but I will one day.
I do think Nolan is a smidge overrated and he sometimes wants to be too clever and show off and the effect isn't quite as clever as he thinks - but he makes good movies overall and at least tries to deliver something of value and ambition.

spider (dumb name btw)
But we remember it at least! :lol

questionable action of saving his “bad” father being the equivalent of humans ambivalence towards corporations that deem it necessary to slaughter specific species.
And very much in the tradition of T2 John refusing to let his mom kill Dyson or Uncle Bob kill cops.

One reviewer who didn't like the movie said that "the world has changed, James Cameron hasn't," to which I thought yep which is a big reason I love this film, lol.

Back