AUGTOYS - 1/6 Dune Action Figures (Licensed)

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Not even InArt could get anything up this weekend.

Their socials were all Joaquin Phoenix Joker a few weeks ago now it's reposts of blogger pics of their Joker and Gandalf figures.

I get that their team is small but it sucks knowing that anything we have seen will take longer than a HT figure to get.

They haven't done an interview in a while yet either.

I would understand people being pessimistic about these figures if nothing released but we got Paul in his uniform already. So it’s not as though Aug Toys is incapable of making good on any of their pre-orders.

I haven’t been following news with the Chinese economy or know what’s happening with factories but I don’t see how we need to be concerned with Aug Toys specifically. Again this isn’t something unique to only them to not communicate.

Look I’m not saying I disagree with you, but I just don’t expect that’s going to happen. Again if you’ve collected you know the routine. Shouldn’t be a shocker.

Routine from a fairly new company is something I'm not betting on. You can wait on them, I'm not.

I think a bigger flag besides the silence is that it's the launch weekend of the sequel that will likely be the biggest movie of 2024 and there's no additional solicitation or advertising. That tells me something is probably up.

I've got all of the others on order via Kit, so if they end up getting canned it is what it is and I get my money back, but I'd rather have the figures!

And anyone saying "waiting is part of the game" hasn't been following what a mess the Chinese economy (and factory situation) is.

I wholeheartedly agree with this.

No one is saying you have to buy these figures. Either you get them or not but your justification for being skeptical about this company doesn’t make a ton of sense. They’re not that far off the mark and have released one figure. It’s your money though so make your own choice.

They released 1 figure late; another figure is a year overdue (Gurney) and we’ve heard literally nothing from them since the last solicits. It’s perfectly fine to be skeptical of them; there’s nothing unreasonable about it - it’s actually pretty reasonable to be skeptical of a company that has released 1 product, is a year late on another in an industry going through turbulence. Multiple companies have gone under recently, more will likely go under. Comparing to InArt is ridiculous, as they’ve both released more figures + have a sister company (Queen) that has released dozens of products; and they post regularly.

That said, no harm in waiting it out if you have POs through a reputable dealer.

Mars Toys went through a similar issue and then released 3 great figures within weeks of each other. Sometimes the factory situation is the biggest issue. There are supposedly only just a couple of factories that are capable of producing high end 1:6 figures. The same ones used by Hot Toys are used by third party and smaller companies. They likely just squeeze in the little guys between orders from the larger companies.

Aug really ought to make some kind of statement or announcement to capitalize on the new film. A quick little update and maybe a tease or another preorder would go a long way to boost sales and reassure confidence.

The success of Dune 2 will no doubt make merch interest increase by 10 fold.

I hope Aug does some figures from Dune 2 while INART does their Paul from the first one. Give me a Feyd figure to display with Paul.

Featured-1-3.jpg

Yeah I was looking forward to Aug’s stillsuit Paul but after Dune 2 it’s become my most anticipated figure. Surprisingly, I also came away wanting a Feyd, I think they’ll look great together on display.
“May thy knife chip and shatter”

Just picked up the dress uniform Paul and he is very much of Hot Toys caliber. Might not be the outfit everyone wanted but I liked the look of their dress greens and kinda wish Gurney and the Duke were in their looks from this scene too. Or that they were in matching still suits for the other Paul.

As long as the rest are as good as the first Paul, this could be a very wonderful line of figures.

Last edited:
with InArt announcing their preorder, kinda bummed that AugToys version hasn't released so i can pick one

Just picked up the dress uniform Paul and he is very much of Hot Toys caliber. Might not be the outfit everyone wanted but I liked the look of their dress greens and kinda wish Gurney and the Duke were in their looks from this scene too. Or that they were in matching still suits for the other Paul.

As long as the rest are as good as the first Paul, this could be a very wonderful line of figures.
Yeah, I would have preferred Leto in dress uniform rather than armor.

the Dune films at great, part 2 was a letdown for me though.

But there’s no way at least Paul doesn’t have a place in my collection both looks are even welcome.

Mins or hours or whatever it is away from the inart going up which I’ll be quick to PO I still picked this up this week mostly out of curiosity.

I’ll keep this short and sweet. Years of seeing official lisenced figures from anyone other than hot toys (inart not included) and at best you’re going to get a passable thing to kit bash and rework like any three zero figure for example.

This is the first time that not only do I think the sculpt paint and quality is fully on par with a hot toys figure I will go so far to say they have delivered a product that exceeds hot toys quality

Because there’s no way the tailoring would be this good on a hot toy. Not even close. It’s that good.

This company is now my dark horse…
And if they can deliver on the insane looking second Paul and Oscar to this level or above let’s just say other than inart they are my number one pick for rooting for them to get any other officially lisenced product.

Is it good enough for me out of the box? It’s me we are talking about here of course not haha but stay tuned to my instagram and if I remember I’ll post it here too for when I do my repaint and rehair! I’m excited about it so I can’t see it being too far off into the distant future.

Do we get several other figures like Chani, Stilgar or Feyd-Routha from Aug Toys? What are the chances?

Back