Assassin's Creed 3

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I've grown to love this series. Like many of you had said, the first game really didn't hold my interest. I tried to force myself into it and finish it when it first came out but it really just wasn't as exciting as the premise looked. I remember when the first cinematic trailer came out for the first game and I could not wait to play it. But it got so frustrating so quick. The horse rides from city to city, the awkward and tight combat system, how long it took Altaiir to climb buildings with loose mechanics that make him fall easily, and the dumb AI of some of the citizens..like the stupid drunk bums that for whatever reason punch me for no reason like Mike Tyson in the Hangover but don't bother anybody else. I eventually finished it, and I am happy I played through it. I hate not finishing games unless they really suck.

But then the second one came out and blew me away. The action was exciting, the characters had a bit more life to them, new missions, the mechanics were smoother, and the story was brought to a whole other level, which tapped out with one of the craziest but most imaginative endings I remember. Brotherhood was really good as well. Revelations had its moments, but didn't leave the narrative impact like the others.

Now, Assassin's Creed III, from a gameplay standpoint, looks to be the series' biggest leap forward. The 7 minute demo shown at E3 looks so smooth it almost feels like Im watching an animated movie and not an actual game. Nothing looked glitchy or like the A.I. was struggling to keep pace. The cinematic is pure awesomeness--with the eagle watching over, the rebels retreating in defeat until Connor runs through and single-handidly cuts through the redcoats. I loved when he and the Templar had the brief stare-down. Connor looks like a wolf on the hunt. And of course, seeing the concerned look of George Washington.

Let's hope the story is on the level of AC2 and not Revelations. Hopefully Connor is a worthy successor who is badass in his own way. Ezio was so different from Altair (although they are all always stoic and serious in the cinematic trailers), so I'm hoping Connor isn't merely a merging of them.

Connor has a massive set of balls

Yeah, he almost seems to have the most hate or disdain for his enemies. Ezio really hated the dudes who killed his family, but didn't really seem to have such a personal hate for his enemies and Altair seemed conflicted. But Connor seems to be a true headhunter, with disdain for the Templars. But I wonder if this disdain is towards the templars only or if he's just an angry soul because of what happened to the Native Americans.

Yeah the tree climbing looks seamless and fluid. When they first showed this game I wasn't sure how it would be possible, but they certainly pulled it off.

Sent from my iPhone located on the planet Hoth.

[ame="https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1d7CozHSESI"]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1d7CozHSESI[/ame]

Not as epic as the cinematic...but some cool in-game imagery of the game. Wish it was more templar/assassin related, all these trailers seem to just focus so much and Americas and Brits killing each other with Connor just roaming around aimlessly.

Nice!

This game needs to come out already. I've been going back and playing all the old ones.

:horrorHow dare they have such anti English trailers on Independence Day.

:lol:lol

Assassin' Creed movie possibly on the way. Will probably suck, but at least the acting will be awesome.

Michael Fassbender will star in and co-produce "Assassin's Creed," the bigscreen adaptation of Ubisoft's videogame franchise, through his DMC Film.

Plot revolves around a man who learns his ancestors were trained assassins after he is kidnapped by a secret org with ties to the Knights Templar, and sent back in time to retrieve historical artifacts.

Last fall, Ubisoft was in talks with Sony to develop a series of "Assassin's" pics (Daily Variety, Oct. 20, 2011). But the companies have since put negotiations on hold.

Ubisoft execs now plan to stick to their initial plan and develop the film independently in order to maintain greater creative control. Last year, Ubisoft invested in launching UMP, headed by Baronnet, former CEO of Luc Besson's EuropaCorp, to adapt the company's games into films, TV shows and digital projects.

https://www.variety.com/article/VR1118056333

Back