Asmus Toys Tauriel

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I am curious too. I jumped the Gunther she came out and got one off of eBay in addition to the one I had preordered and to top it all off when I placed that preorder I had forgoten that I had already preordered her so I ended up with three of a figure I only ever wanted one of. :slap

Figures the only time I ever army built with 1/6 was unintentional and of a figure you can't really army build with.

Very cool pictures, TheWordWizard. Now that you have her in hand, how do you feel the sculpted and "real" hair combination works?

Personally I feel like she looks like Liv Tyler :monkey3

Very cool pictures, TheWordWizard. Now that you have her in hand, how do you feel the sculpted and "real" hair combination works?

Personally I feel like she looks like Liv Tyler :monkey3
I think it works really well! Since the wide change between the molded hair and rooted is behind her head you don't really see the divide and it looks like it flows really well. The color and texture doesn't match up perfectly, but unless you're really focusing on that you don't even notice.

Got my Tauriel on Saturday. Happy with the way the head came out. No warping and no heavy black around the eyes.

She looks sunburned, better than the others I have seen, but definitely too much redness on her forehead and cheeks...like a sunburn.

She looks sunburned, better than the others I have seen, but definitely too much redness on her forehead and cheeks...like a sunburn.

She is blushing from too much attention from a certain dwarf. Or she is really angry and ready to fight with Thandruil (which would be a mistake, he is seriously deadly with those twin blades).

Either way, we need some of those accompanying figures. Or at least an Orc for her to slay.

Been thinking about adding Tauriel to the collection. Does the stock at the Asmus online store include the "new" head sculpt?

No...it doesn't. But with the way the paint apps on the faces have come out, I can't blame people for not buying. It's literally the only thing holding me back.

I inquired at BBTS about the figure's head. They said they knew of no issue or re-working of the headsculpt. The only information they could provide was that the shipment of Tauriel (their only shipment from Asmus) was shipped/arrived in Dec 2015. Does anyone know if that equates to re-worked headsculpt or droopy headsculpt?

I inquired at BBTS about the figure's head. They said they knew of no issue or re-working of the headsculpt. The only information they could provide was that the shipment of Tauriel (their only shipment from Asmus) was shipped/arrived in Dec 2015. Does anyone know if that equates to re-worked headsculpt or droopy headsculpt?

That would indicate that it has the droopy face problem. The batch that fixed that issue wasn't shipped until around May 2016. Fortunately, I got one of those. As has been stated numerous times in this thread, there was no "re-working" of the sculpt. They just made sure the sculpt didn't warp when pulled from the mold, and it got a slightly better paint app.

That would indicate that it has the droopy face problem. The batch that fixed that issue wasn't shipped until around May 2016. Fortunately, I got one of those. As has been stated numerous times in this thread, there was no "re-working" of the sculpt. They just made sure the sculpt didn't warp when pulled from the mold, and it got a slightly better paint app.

Thanks RJ...was thinking of pulling the trigger on the good deal...but I'll seek elsewhere!

If you have one of the original headsculpt/mold batches, are you pretty much stuck with it?

Or has Asmus provided a way to get the new headsculpt/mold?

Curious because I know Storm Collectibles provided replacement arms and legs after the Mike Tyson limb tearing debacle. I contacted BBTS and got the replacement parts but still afraid to pose my figure in something other than museum pose.

But you have the soon-to-be very rare 'droopy face' figure. It will be worth a fortune one day.

Ha ha, anyway... did anyone ever post a side-by-side comparison of the improved sculpt? I don't dare come in here very often, I had no idea there were two versions of this sculpt.

But you have the soon-to-be very rare 'droopy face' figure. It will be worth a fortune one day.

Ha ha, anyway... did anyone ever post a side-by-side comparison of the improved sculpt? I don't dare come in here very often, I had no idea there were two versions of this sculpt.
Not two versions, just one that didn't suffer warping when pulled from the mold.

Back