Asmus Toys Tauriel

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
is it worth buying this figure?

In my opinion yes. You can get a pretty good deal if you look around and while the sculpt is not perfect I still think it is pretty good and I doubt there will ever be another one made. For around $150 or less good deal for $175 or more I would probably pass but that is my opinion and I am a huge Tolkien / Middle Earth fan.

I don't believe it was "new." I think they just ran another batch that didn't have the distortion that was a problem with some of the first ones that came out. (And I think they improved the paint a bit.) I was perfectly happy with mine.

I do not like the sculpt, but come on, you insult it in this thread overwhelmingly... Let it go, considering you've sold it.

Thank you!
:clap
Half the posts in this entire thread are batsheva putting down this figure. Just move on!

I do not like the sculpt, but come on, you insult it in this thread overwhelmingly... Let it go, considering you've sold it.

Hey man, just posted one reply, to answer another member's open question looking for opinion from this thread, and then he asked again by DIRECTLY REPLYING MY ANSWER, and I replied.
And no, I am not insulting. Just saying the truth. Just like you when saying that you don't like the sculpt either.

When I said it doesn't help the likeness, is that insulting? Michael Crawford said that as well in his review. Is he insulting?

I am not even posting here anymore before this. Asmus told us before that they will give replacement head for those who've bought Tauriel, and yet they lied. But, I've moved on. However, I still feel that to other member who openly asked, I can share my honest opinion.

As simple as that. :)

I don't believe it was "new." I think they just ran another batch that didn't have the distortion that was a problem with some of the first ones that came out. (And I think they improved the paint a bit.) I was perfectly happy with mine.

Okay , do you have any idea where I can find photos from the latest batch. Thanks

I don't want to be rude but I don't see any likeness to the actress.
I just want to display Tauriel beside Legolas that's why I thinking of purchasing it

Okay , do you have any idea where I can find photos from the latest batch. Thanks

Not really. She doesn't look appreciably different than the pics early in this thread. The only real difference is that some of the early figures had some distortion/drooping on one side of the face. It was very slight, but at that scale it was very noticeable. The later ones fixed that.

But I can't point you to any specific photos. The one I bought looked just fine.

Not really. She doesn't look appreciably different than the pics early in this thread. The only real difference is that some of the early figures had some distortion/drooping on one side of the face. It was very slight, but at that scale it was very noticeable. The later ones fixed that.

But I can't point you to any specific photos. The one I bought looked just fine.
Thanks I will check the thread :)

You asked is it "worth" buying this figure? That really depends on what your paying. If you like Tauriel and can get her for closer to the $100 mark, then I'd say yes. At this point in time I wouldn't pay retail or even close to it based on how this figure turned out and how prices have dropped on it. (I did pay closer to retail since I was one of those who pre-ordered it based on the fabulous prototype pics)

I probably have one of the earlier ones with slight face drooping, but its very slight and doesn't really bother me. The paint is a much bigger issue for me, particularly the "raccoon eyes".

Full disclosure though, I have rarely (maybe almost never) bought a 1/6 scale figure I truly thought was "worth it". They've always been 25-30% overpriced, IMO.

If you look back through the thread you will see my posts.. quite a few. I love my figure but I seem to be the only one.

I think she came out great and like posing her with her bow or twin blades. Her costume came out good (albeit the rubbery armor corset thing is a bit oversized and not as form fitting as I would like for a woman with a form such as hers) but overall I really love it. I paid full retail and was onboard with the pre-order for her. I lucked out as I had an early release but I don't feel mine is overly warped or raccoon-eyed.

Mileage may vary as there are more haters than lovers for her.
20160618_165221_HDR.jpg
20160618_165233.jpg
20160619_114950.jpg
IMG_4464.jpg
20160619_115228_HDR.jpg

You asked is it "worth" buying this figure? That really depends on what your paying. If you like Tauriel and can get her for closer to the $100 mark, then I'd say yes. At this point in time I wouldn't pay retail or even close to it based on how this figure turned out and how prices have dropped on it. (I did pay closer to retail since I was one of those who pre-ordered it based on the fabulous prototype pics)

I probably have one of the earlier ones with slight face drooping, but its very slight and doesn't really bother me. The paint is a much bigger issue for me, particularly the "raccoon eyes".

Full disclosure though, I have rarely (maybe almost never) bought a 1/6 scale figure I truly thought was "worth it". They've always been 25-30% overpriced, IMO.

I was going to order it from BBTS for 140 USD.
I just want to display it beside Legolas

If you look back through the thread you will see my posts.. quite a few. I love my figure but I seem to be the only one.

I think she came out great and like posing her with her bow or twin blades. Her costume came out good (albeit the rubbery armor corset thing is a bit oversized and not as form fitting as I would like for a woman with a form such as hers) but overall I really love it. I paid full retail and was onboard with the pre-order for her. I lucked out as I had an early release but I don't feel mine is overly warped or raccoon-eyed.

Mileage may vary as there are more haters than lovers for her.
View attachment 364582
View attachment 364583
View attachment 364584
View attachment 364585
View attachment 364586
I really like your photos
You have just convinced me to order it.
Do you have any idea where I can find it cheaper than 140 USD?

Back