Asmus Toys: Prologue Elven Warriors. Swordsman and Archer

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
What the... this is the pinnacle of Middle Earth figure collecting. If they can nail Isildur and Sauron as well, it's gonna be unbearably awesome.

What the... this is the pinnacle of Middle Earth figure collecting. If they can nail Isildur and Sauron as well, it's gonna be unbearably awesome.

yep!!
just listed all my hot toy star wars on ebay.
I've been putting off getting into this line seriously(I have Eomer,Theodon and Elrond),and recently,stupidly canceled my POs for GtG and Galadrial...because of my passion for Star wars...but these elven warriors have done it for me!!!

yep!!
just listed all my hot toy star wars on ebay.
I've been putting off getting into this line seriously(I have Eomer,Theodon and Elrond),and recently,stupidly canceled my POs for GtG and Galadrial...because of my passion for Star wars...but these elven warriors have done it for me!!!

Oh that's a bit of a shame though that you have to sell a collection that you're passionate about.. the thing that I'm nervous about is the amount of extra space I'm gonna need if this line expands as much as I hope it will. There's so much I'd buy, I've double dipped on both these releases and if they issue Uruks, Rohan soldier, White Tree Guard etc. it's gonna require a lot more shelf space!

Magnificent work Asmus! I hope you will consider to continue the prologue theme, and give us Elendil, Isildur, Gil-Galad and Sauron. Except for Sauron there are very few figures or statues of these characters from other manufacturers.

Those look fantastic. Excellent photography, too.

Is it just me, or does one of them look a lot like Eddie Redmane? Wouldn't surprise me if the sculptor used him as a model.

FYI: Just got an email from Sideshow saying these will ship from their warehouse on May 5. That matches their usual pace ... about a month behind when Asmus ships their direct orders.

I came across some release photos of this on Toyark, looks fantastic.

But am I mistaken, or wasn't this only put up for order back in December? If so that is a super fast turn around between solicitation and release. Very refreshing to see that in this hobby; I wish more companies would hold off on revealing stuff until they can have it out within a 6 month time period.

But am I mistaken, or wasn't this only put up for order back in December? If so that is a super fast turn around between solicitation and release. Very refreshing to see that in this hobby; I wish more companies would hold off on revealing stuff until they can have it out within a 6 month time period.

I also bet that part of what made these quicker was the fact that they didn't have to go back and forth with the licensor over the likenesses. Since these are generic sculpts, they wouldn't have to involve WB or NL too much (or any actors).

Was going to echo what Bucky said about the generic sculpt likely expediting the figure to production, but there's also a lot of easily replicated armor and accessories which probably sped things along too.

Asmus also doesn't have a lot of backlog right now either. With the Elven Warriors, Galadriel and another round of Crown Gandalf going out this week, they actually have nothing on pre-order right now. Expecting some announcements next week but I think not having a ton of projects holding them up probably helped them churn these out quickly.

The headsculpt paint apps also look a little more rudimentary, seeing as these are background characters with helmets anyway. That speeds stuff up.

Wonder if they have sculpted/painted ears under the chainmail coif?

So, are these in stock at Asmus now? How long would it likely take to get to the US?

Those look fantastic. Excellent photography, too.

Is it just me, or does one of them look a lot like Eddie Redmane? Wouldn't surprise me if the sculptor used him as a model.

FYI: Just got an email from Sideshow saying these will ship from their warehouse on May 5. That matches their usual pace ... about a month behind when Asmus ships their direct orders.

Plus, no hair to paint.

Yep, I mentioned that as well, way back when they were first announced. Definitely too much of a coincidence.

And I love that last pic. These three deserve their own shelf.

3611a12df9ad3e4a6f1dc092f577b212.jpg

Universe must owe me some good karma because the Elven Warrior arrived today (was expecting something else, so it was a complete surprise!).

I'd say its another winner, on par with Asmus's other recent armored figures (Elrond, Theoden, Eomer). Snapped some quick pics:
asmus-elven-warrior.jpg

The only part I'm a little undecided on is the cloak. I don't think the construction of it is quite accurate (I have the same issue with Elrond's) - seems it should be fuller, wrap differently in the back, and the hood should be larger. It's also an odd shiny material, which can have a nice or weird effect, depending on lighting. But its a minor gripe really, since it ends up being really tied back anyway with his gear on.

Back