Asmus Toys: Merry and Pippin Lord of the Rings 1/6 Scale Figures

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Actually we did both items' prototypes alrady~

Unfortunately consider the price point needs to keep under $200, and the cost is actually equal to TWO figures ( two heads, two sets of clothing, two bodies.)
so it really is a matter to let go the less important accessories.

Any chance of seeing the pre-Lorien items released as a sort of "add-on" (along with more cheerful alternate headsculpts) priced in the $75-$100 range?

I'm really liking these. I kinda like Merry's expression, he's probably irked by Pippin's recklessness

I looked at it as potentially the scene where he confronts Frodo for trying to leave them back in the Shire... more an act of sternness than actually mad.

If he had the armor however I would see it more of a face of determination on the Pelennor fields or something.

I am happy with the body size and feet. Hands are a bit big but in the books they talk about how dexterous Hobbits are and I never saw thick digits in my mind... I think that photo amplifies their size as the fingers are splayed out and we cant see the thumbs. A clutching hand will look more condensed and perhaps better.

I'm trying to pre-order Merry & Pippin on Asmus' site, but when I go to checkout it takes me to PayPal where I can't checkout because the total for the pre-order is $0.

Glad o hear that Thorin is planned, but what about Bilbo? I mean he's the real hero of the story.

I'm trying to pre-order Merry & Pippin on Asmus' site, but when I go to checkout it takes me to PayPal where I can't checkout because the total for the pre-order is $0.

Doesn't look like its ready to order yet. No price.

Love this new height...

12376830_10153165056756968_882203233502167385_n.jpg

Only nit is the giant hands. But I love the feet.

Last edited:
I would be down for that!

Just placed my order on Asmus' store. Can't wait for these. Now we need the rest of the fellowship. :)

Ok, I bit. Free shipping from Asmus is hard to resist. It's a shame these aren't the same size as the SSC Sam and Frodo. That only means I'll have to double dip when Asmus comes out with a Sam and Frodo -- which hopefully are good sculpts like Merry & Pippin.

On another note, the face sculpts for these are not bad. They're much better than what SSC came up with for Sam & Frodo.

Bravo, Asmus.

I placed an order with BBTS but I may cancel. Let's see how they come out. I do think they look pretty awesome besides Merry's mean looking face.

Sam and Frodo will need replacing. Might as well have a better scale while you're at it.

Agreed, I'm much prefer them release properly scaled Hobbits rather than try to match the figures from Sideshow.

Price is great on the set, not really feeling the Merry sculpt, but the rest looks top-notch. I still can't get excited about their Aragorn figure though, and that prevents me from getting into the series. Possibly if there is a redo on Aragorn later I may revisit the series, but for now I'm staying out of Middle Earth.

Im not too sure of the Merry facial expression, unless displayed with a 1/6 treebeard, he gets pretty annoyed with him most of the time.
I already have a sideshow/snyder set, but would be happy to have the asmus versions as an overdue upgrade

In that comparison pic, Merry sure looks pissed off! :lol

I'm not keen on that sculpt either, or the big hands.

Back