Asmus Toys: Merry and Pippin Lord of the Rings 1/6 Scale Figures

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
A tankard of ale or a barrel of south farthing pipe weed would have been nice accessories, maybe preorder exclusives? I've got a spare SSC Frodo and Sam so I can at least use their weathertop swords for these guys.

I also feel like the two lumps under Merry's mouth are too pronounced. I've been looking up photos and he does make this expression but the "lumps" should be less noticeable.
Still, I am so excited to preorder them. Instant buy for me!

Not a fan of Merry's sculpt. Pippen looks ok. I wish they had a less stern look, though.

Looking forward to seeing them next to Sideshow's Sam & Frodo. Curious to see the size difference, if any.

Not a fan of Merry's sculpt. Pippen looks ok. I wish they had a less stern look, though.

Looking forward to seeing them next to Sideshow's Sam & Frodo. Curious to see the size difference, if any.

Ditto. Based on Asmus' photo with Aragorn, they look to be smaller than the SS hobbit bodies.

Merry looks like he's about to snap and stab someone to death.

Definitely getting these, but I'm with other on Merry's sour puss. I do not like the expression at all, and his head looks slightly to large.

I wish the expression was more like in your reference photo here:

View attachment 232880

The real question I have though, how do the body's match up size wise with Sideshow's Frodo and Sam? I have an extra set of Sideshows duo I' have been meaning to convert to Merry and Pippen for years. I have the head's but lacked the proper clothing, now I'll be able to mix and match so I'm getting these for sure. Just hope Merry's head is the only real issue.

while merry and pippin look fantastic, I'm worried about Saruman. I've pre-ordered him a while ago from Asmus' own website, so far no news, and the site says the deadlines was in october

Hi ASMUS, are these still going up for preorder today, or are they delayed? I see the price has not been set on your site yet so we can order. Thanks.

Hope Asmus Merry and Pippin are smaller than the oversized Sideshow Hobbits.

To each his own, I'm fine with Sideshow's Hobbits,and would rather just finish the Fellowship and not have to buy 4 figures to do it, when I already have 2 very acceptable and excellent (IMHO) hobbits in my possession already.

Would really like a definitive answer on this. It does appear from the shot of the hobbits in front of Aragorn that they should be close in size to Sideshow's but that picture is canted and we can't see the full figures so it's tough to tell for sure. Keeping my fingers crossed...

To each his own, I'm fine with Sideshow's Hobbits,and would rather just finish the Fellowship and not have to buy 4 figures to do it, when I already have 2 very acceptable and excellent (IMHO) hobbits in my possession already.

Would really like a definitive answer on this. It does appear from the shot of the hobbits in front of Aragorn that they should be close in size to Sideshow's but that picture is canted and we can't see the full figures so it's tough to tell for sure. Keeping my fingers crossed...
According to the sizes on the Asmus site they are around 8". I don't know now tall the SST ones are.

Is Asmus going to do Frodo and Sam? Or Legolas? I know Sideshow did them many years ago but it's kind of silly to not do them just because another company did them a long time ago. By today's standards those sculpts look...not great.

while merry and pippin look fantastic, I'm worried about Saruman. I've pre-ordered him a while ago from Asmus' own website, so far no news, and the site says the deadlines was in october

I ordered mine through SSC and they are now saying Jan or Feb. It's no different than Hot Toys, they don't always hit their date either. No biggie.

Is Asmus going to do Frodo and Sam? Or Legolas? I know Sideshow did them many years ago but it's kind of silly to not do them just because another company did them a long time ago. By today's standards those sculpts look...not great.

Sideshow's problems with their LotR 1/6 figures was the paint. The sculpts were pretty good.

Back