Asmus Toys: Merry and Pippin Lord of the Rings 1/6 Scale Figures

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
These are looking pretty good!
1 thing that jumped out at me: Pippin's bag is not brown, or leather. It's grey, and made out of sack-like material.
I can't tell from the photos, but have you dealt with the vertical quilting on the front of Pippin's shirt? It's a very distinctive characteristic and pretty visible.

I think you guys really need to fix the way the elven broach sits. it shouldn't be vertical like it is on Merry and Aragorn.

Wor-Gor
Can you find a picture of how you think it should be done?

If you mean my comment about the sleeves, yes -- just remove the stitching from the sleeve as marked in the picture below. No need for that "pinching" at the wrist.

Merry + Pippin sleeve suggestion.jpg

Overall I really like them. Merry looks a little too angry but I recognize both of them right away. Hands seem shiny. Hopefully that gets toned down or it is just the pictures making them look that way. Sodeshow's hobbit hands were shiny too. Any chance to get a Sideshoe hobbit next to them to see if they fit together. Granted Sideshow's were too tall and I really want Asmus to take a crack at Frodo and Sam just curious. Cannot wait to have a 100% Asmus version of the Fellowship.

Well they do look kind of accurate now that you provide those pictures, I never noticed before, at least on Merry's jacket. Pippin's looks more like narrowing material at the wrist with a "flowering" cuff.

Does your figure's sleeves have that knotted rope at the wrist too?

they look good, merry looks a bit too grumpy but pippen is looking great.

i imagine we will get a merry/pippen double pack and then a sam/frodo double pack?

Merry's got two more buttons lower down on the waistcoat that are obscured in that picture. Easy fix. :)

Merry-lord-of-the-rings-32637101-1280-1579.jpg

Merry looks really grumpy there with his arms crossed. :lol :lol

His expression does put me off a bit though... :( It really isn't the character for me. It's a good likeness but I never thought of Merry as the grumpy one. If anything he's the least grumpy person in the series, after Pippin.

It's a nice looking set though.

I'm liking these two a lot. Great work Asmus. Hopefully a Frodo & Sam will be planned (maybe be with alternative heads & ragged clothing - Mt Doom style?)
and Old Bilbo with his desk - getting greedy now aren't I?

Wow that is fast. I see their elves knifes but no sign of the short swords Strider gave them at Weathertop or their pre-Lothlorien cloaks. Luckily I have custom/extra cloaks and blades from my Merry & Pippin customs so I am covered but it would be nice to get those added. Please provide both of Boromir's cloaks and Legolas' knives when you finish them up. Thanks!

I am so happy right now you have no idea. Ever since my wife and I started collecting the sideshow LOTR figures back in the day these have been our most wanted figures. She's going to cry when I tell her we'll be owning them in the new year!

Both looking great but Merry's grumpy face isn't the best expression. Pippin on the other hand looks fantastic!

I see Asmus is getting ready to post these on their site. 199.95 for the pair, not bad for two figures. Instant pre-order for me.

Back