Asmus Toys: Merry and Pippin Lord of the Rings 1/6 Scale Figures

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
filthy little hobbitses :wave

thumbnail_20171128_170543.jpgthumbnail_20171128_170556.jpgthumbnail_20171128_170605.jpg

Ah i missed out on the hobbit upgrade packs, was moving house so didnt want them going to a wrong address. I’m an idiot for not getting them

It's amazing how much better these look compared to Version 1! Thanks again, Asmus, for improving product and selling expansion packs.

Not sure. I never got a notice last time but my Aragorn head was packaged with my slim order so based on that I would think my expansion packs have shipped with my slim sets.

Not sure. I never got a notice last time but my Aragorn head was packaged with my slim order so based on that I would think my expansion packs have shipped with my slim sets.

My expansion packs were not packed with my slim set I got yesterday, so they must be shipping the expansion packs out separately.

Love the figures but had to contact Asmus regarding the Pippin figure. Unfortunately the body is as floppy as Sideshow's Jawas. It can't stand straight at all, flopping over as seen in my previously posted pic. Merry's body appears to be fine, though. Hopefully Asmus can either send me a new replacement body or complete figure, if need be. I just hope they reply soon.

Hopefully it’s an isolated incident. I have two sets of the original four so 8 total and all their joints are great. The only problem I have with the originals is keeping the hair on my he feet. After it’s all said and done I guess I will have 3 sets of the four and an extra set of heads. Probably going to have to downsize that back to two sets at some point.

Got mine today. These are the first Hobbits I have. I'm pretty impressed with almost everything about them. The body is great. My only problem is I'm still not crazy about Pippens facial expression. The sculpt is nice it just doesn't fit in with the rest of the figures.

Anyone know if the upgrade packs come with the pints? I don't think they were listed in the slim sets, so I'm hoping they're included as a bonus for both.

Anyone know if the upgrade packs come with the pints? I don't think they were listed in the slim sets, so I'm hoping they're included as a bonus for both.

I asked them on Facebook and they stated no. Which to be honest really blows. Seems odd that those who supported them by buying the originals will miss out on the “extra” extras when they buy the expansion pack...I would have loved the die cast pints to be included. Guess I will have to search eBay, or remain hopeful asmus will change their minds.

Yeah, that’s my only bug bear with these expansions too. I have all the first versions (Hobbits, Aragorn, Saruman etc) and have ordered all the expansions. It’s unfortunate that after all that, there will be people who still have accessories etc that I don’t. First world problems I know, but hey we are grown people buying fancy toys!

Yeah, I'm with you, Manannin. I can see their view that maybe they want to give the slims something exclusive to make them more unique, but then those of us who bought the originals (more expensive), AND the expansions (even more money), still aren't getting all the accessories. So... yay us.

I asked them on Facebook and they stated no. Which to be honest really blows. Seems odd that those who supported them by buying the originals will miss out on the “extra” extras when they buy the expansion pack...I would have loved the die cast pints to be included. Guess I will have to search eBay, or remain hopeful asmus will change their minds.

I have the same problem with them. They could have done something to those that supported them by buying all the early releases.

Back