Asmus Toys: Merry and Pippin Lord of the Rings 1/6 Scale Figures

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
just got mine in form sideshow
love them, really like the svelte appearance and tailoring
can any one confirm if they were supposed to come with the usual stands ?

cheers

Got my set in-hand. Given all the positive reviews, I was really hoping the likenesses would be better in-person, but Pippin looks godawful. I can sort of live with Merry, even if he is in characteristically angry, but Pippin just looks bad--especially with his sunburnt face and crazy rosy cheeks. Even from across the room, this looks NOTHING like Billy Boyd.

8748899cadcaa421212531c8dcc6786c.jpg

Here's hoping Asmus sells us some alt heads for these figures along with the other accessories that would really complete them (especially Pippin's purple cloak).

Besides the terrible heads, these are beautiful figures, but they're tough to recommend with the most important aspect of the figures being off.

Last edited:
MaxGoof - Thanks for the honest review. This has been my hesitation from the start... in spite of all the positive reviews, every picture I've seen of Merry and Pippin seem to fall short of capturing the actors likeness. Still hoping for a great Gandalf!

Here's my look at the new Asmus Toys Lord of the Rings Merry and Pippin figures. The head sculpts aren't that good, but the material and tailoring of the costumes is a definite standout. Overall pretty happy with them.

These guys are holding me back from doing a full Fellowship. I think their clothes look great, but the likeness just aren't there enough.

I just got these and as everyone's been saying, the likenesses are close, but still not quite there. Better production painting would probably help a lot because the base sculpts (expressions notwithstanding) seem to be okay.

I've been buying Asmus' LOTR figures right along, so I know what to expect now. Some figures will be a little better, some a little worse, but none will really be dead-on (as far as likenesses go, Bard has been the best so far IMO). Still, I'm happy with Merry and Pippin for what they are and I'll continue to buy these figures knowing that what we'll be getting won't be perfect.

I just got these and as everyone's been saying, the likenesses are close, but still not quite there. Better production painting would probably help a lot because the base sculpts (expressions notwithstanding) seem to be okay.

I've been buying Asmus' LOTR figures right along, so I know what to expect now. Some figures will be a little better, some a little worse, but none will really be dead-on (as far as likenesses go, Bard has been the best so far IMO). Still, I'm happy with Merry and Pippin for what they are and I'll continue to buy these figures knowing that what we'll be getting won't be perfect.
I think you hit the nail on the head. I think these figures are great but not a one has nailed the likeness 100%. I think they are great representations of the characters though. Something to keep in mind, would another company take on this line? I don't think so, so I'm going to stick with them even if the likenesses aren't perfect.

Back