Asmus Toys: Merry and Pippin Lord of the Rings 1/6 Scale Figures

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Is it too early to create an Asmus thread for Frodo and Sam? Can you tell I'm excited?

Has there been any word of the Moria cloaks and short swords being made available at some point?

Just got mine today. The quality is truly superb, what impressed me most are the choice of fabrics, the tailoring is perfect. Bodies are weighty and solid, couldnt be better. One of the knife sheaves unglued from the belt, but thats an easy fix. I'd be very happy to buy an upgrade kit, heads with new expressions and lighter skin tone, weathertop swords, hobbiton capes, maybe even 2 pints of ale also.

Last edited:
Ok so Merry is on my computer desk now, giving it a good look over in day light, lamp light and such just to appreciated what the sculptor has captured. I really dont like being too critical or vague as thats not fair on the artists. Anyway after much inspection its the end on the nose, just a tiny detail thats missing the Monaghan bulb or piggyness to the tip, everything else is there, even the slanting mouth. The skin tone is dark for a head this small, but no darker than a typical head sculpt, so maybe the concentration of facial features on a smaller head creates more shadow than expected.
I'll edit away the comment of it not looking like Dom at all above, because impulse can be unwise sometimes. Well done to Asmus really, oh and the box art is absolutely beautiful, they are worthy display pieces on there own ;)

Ok getting the right lighting to show these off, skin tones reflect lighter on camera, but really happy with these as a whole. Hope you all like it
e7b5107136275612dc3bfa0c6657f5e0.jpg

I ordered mine yesterday. Been away from LOTR for a while....ACI Aragorn, Ringwraith and Asmus Ringwraith & steed last I got. I wanted the whole Fellowship and limit to collect from FOTR. Got these on order, and Gandalf, and Saruman and Aragorn hahahaha. Can't wait.

In my opinion these guys turned out so great and for a reasonable price that I ordered a 2nd set to take to work. They really are fun figures and the 1/6 bodies are really sturdy. It is nice not having to rely on stands too. My wife gets a little frustrated that these two keep moving around the house and don't stay in the normal hobby "area" but it cannot be helped. My biggest concern is that one of the kids will accidentally rub off the feet hair.

Personally, I'd love to see them come back and make the armored versions of them eventually. If they do, hopefully they throw in the pre-lothlorien cloaks and Weathertop swords so we can display a pre-fellowship version of the hobbits. Technically in the books the swords are pre-Strider.

Your right superdoug, the swords came from a barrow/burial type place i think

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Your right superdoug, the swords came from a barrow/burial type place i think

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Aren't the Barrow Downs and Barrow Wight only in the book though? I don't remember if they took those weapons from the Shire or got them later in the film.

in the film, Aragorn gave them the swords on Weathertop, after they started the fire and the Nazgul start their attack.

Back