Asmus Toys Lord of the Ring Gandalf Gray

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
We wanted to let you know that the estimated arrival date for your Gandalf the Grey has changed. Based on the latest production information, we now expect your item to arrive into our warehouse in Nov-Dec 2021. We apologize for any inconvenience, but we do look forward to shipping out this item to you when it arrives.- yesterday from Sideshow

&%%$# I'll have Legolas (when I get the money) before this fig. :crying :crying :crying

We wanted to let you know that the estimated arrival date for your Gandalf the Grey has changed. Based on the latest production information, we now expect your item to arrive into our warehouse in Nov-Dec 2021. We apologize for any inconvenience, but we do look forward to shipping out this item to you when it arrives.- yesterday from Sideshow

&%%$# I'll have Legolas (when I get the money) before this fig. :crying :crying :crying
Well I got my Legolas invoice direct from Asmus before I got my Gandalf invoice, still waiting for that :dunno

Well I got my Legolas invoice direct from Asmus before I got my Gandalf invoice, still waiting for that :dunno
Yeah. It's kind've a bummer - but, the shipping and production mess is what it is. I never like stuff getting sent during the holiday season, figuring more chance of it getting lost.

I just tell myself ASMUS already put out 2 of my favs - Thorin and Thranduil; and already own Gandalf #1 and Legolas #1. So it's not like I'm DEPRIVED. It's just - my elven warriors and Elrond showed up with amazing speed.

But if Thranduil/throne is put out, or a Bag End diorama, think I will head direct to ASMUS and throw money at them. :lol

Last edited:
My Gandalf arrived today and I’ve got two questions.

1. What was the situation with the pipe staff as mine has no hole to put the pipe ?

2. My Gandalf body sounds like a rattle with loose pieces inside im guessing that’s not right unless anyone else has had this issue…?

Last edited:
My Gandalf arrived today and I’ve got two questions.

1. What was the situation with the pipe staff as mine has no hole to put the pipe ?

2. My Gandalf body sounds like a rattle with loose pieces inside im guessing that’s not right unless anyone else has had this issue…?
The staff don't have the hole in that's a 1st batch exclusive but body shouldn't rattle.

I'm waiting for my fixed sculpt to be sent back. Will sat asmus have a great customer team. Can't wait to have this back on display.

The staff don't have the hole in that's a 1st batch exclusive but body shouldn't rattle.

I'm waiting for my fixed sculpt to be sent back. Will sat asmus have a great customer team. Can't wait to have this back on display.
I am confused about the staff thing. So you get a staff with no hole, but some got a staff with a hole?

Not that I even know where my Gandalf is. Hope he is not developing mold from being stuck on a cargo ship for this long (I guess)

I am confused about the staff thing. So you get a staff with no hole, but some got a staff with a hole?

Not that I even know where my Gandalf is. Hope he is not developing mold from being stuck on a cargo ship for this long (I guess)
My Gandalf’s staff doesn’t have a hole and they said in this case they couldn’t do too much about it but told me how to modify it IF I wanted to add one myself. In that note, they did a great job in resolving my elven archer issue and totally exceeded my expectations.

The no hole for the pipe seems to be a common thing so I think I can live with it.
but other than that and the fact his body rattles (which scares me because what is it that’s come off?) I do love the figure.

4D889B69-E3E4-46EC-90E4-D360BFC35551.jpeg
My Asmus parcel came with The Necromancer 😂

Back