Asmus Toys Lord of the Ring Gandalf Gray

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
The figure does not look like that. Not sure how many times I need to repeat it. Look at the prototype, look at the final product. The eyes are completely different.

How close do you want them? how can these not be like Ians :lol

Last edited:
How close do you want them? how can these not be like Ians :lol

Closer to the prototype. Rolling eyeball feature was a mistake. Paint app on the eyes doesnt look quite right.

Anyway this is like beating a dead horse. You can all enjoy the figure if you want but I can wait for another better version in like 10 years.

lol are you seriously going to wait TEN YEARS in hopes of a better likeness than this?

He?s a connoisseur and only 100 percent accuracy is acceptable apparently. it?s nearly a personal vendetta between him and this figure and anyone else that stands in his way

lol are you seriously going to wait TEN YEARS in hopes of a better likeness than this?
He?s a connoisseur and only 100 percent accuracy is acceptable apparently. it?s nearly a personal vendetta between him and this figure and anyone else that stands in his way
I'm sorry but I couldn't resist. He left it wide open after that last comment. "Wait 10 years" [emoji38] OK. Putting on Clown Makeup 18022021191310.jpg

Sent from my SM-G975U using Tapatalk

Can display the figure without the hat at least, cant display it without the eyes.

Too bad for you...still a happy day for me and everyone else that sees absolutely NO problem with this figure?s eyes.
Can?t wait to have it on my shelf, eyes and everything.
Even better I had zero intention of taking the hat out of the box so no issues there either.
Cannot wait for this awesome figure to arrive.
You shouldn?t be too disappointed since it sounds like you may have just been looking for a generic Wizard doll to go with a Barbie collection you have. I guess.

I think it's hilarious how many people cant handle someone elses opinion about their barbie dolls.

the projection here is so thick you can cut it with a knife.

what was your goal with that little gem?

Are you seriously trying to portray an air of dismissive condescension about the very hobby you yourself are clearly so passionate about and invested in?

I mean if we are all collecting barbies, arent you too? but in your case you are mad because we like our barbies. We are over here genuinely enjoying our awesome man dolls and you have to stomp in like some wannabe alpha dork and try to shame us for doing so. we get it, you dont like it. we wont change your mind and you certainly wont change anyones else's. why not focus on something you actually like because it's clear you will never be satisfied with this release how it is. I can't imagine devoting so much time to something I found disappointing. it has to be exhausting.

All this discussion on the eyes. Ironically... i have not seen even ONE photo where someone actually HAS moved they eyes. All the photos i've seen Gandalf is staring straight ahead.

Again.. the problem is the DX05 HT Indy issue. They eyes are set too deep into the head so there is this weird shadow and distance between the eyes and eye lid. I remember back in the day, some ppl would remove the eyes, sand down the inside of the head to get they eyes as close as possible. Would be great if that didn't have to be done but everyone has different standards.

Not a deal breaker, there are angles and poses to make it look nice.
Then again... seeing some of the photos, some collectors can't even do something as simple as properly style the beard and head.

the projection here is so thick you can cut it with a knife.

what was your goal with that little gem?

Are you seriously trying to portray an air of dismissive condescension about the very hobby you yourself are clearly so passionate about and invested in?

I mean if we are all collecting barbies, arent you too? but in your case you are mad because we like our barbies. We are over here genuinely enjoying our awesome man dolls and you have to stomp in like some wannabe alpha dork and try to shame us for doing so. we get it, you dont like it. we wont change your mind and you certainly wont change anyones else's. why not focus on something you actually like because it's clear you will never be satisfied with this release how it is. I can't imagine devoting so much time to something I found disappointing. it has to be exhausting.

It?s weird that he also seems to want other people, strangers no less, on the thread to talk him into liking it. Like some kind of strange reverse psychology thing.
Personally could not care less if that guy buys it, cancels it, displays it, or any of the above.
Not sure why he gets so jazzed about insulting it though.
Buy it or don?t buy it.

All this discussion on the eyes. Ironically... i have not seen even ONE photo where someone actually HAS moved they eyes. All the photos i've seen Gandalf is staring straight ahead.

Again.. the problem is the DX05 HT Indy issue. They eyes are set too deep into the head so there is this weird shadow and distance between the eyes and eye lid. I remember back in the day, some ppl would remove the eyes, sand down the inside of the head to get they eyes as close as possible. Would be great if that didn't have to be done but everyone has different standards.

Not a deal breaker, there are angles and poses to make it look nice.
Then again... seeing some of the photos, some collectors can't even do something as simple as properly style the beard and head.

Well they were using the PERS on the proto and that looked fine, so I think the problem is just with how they're colored on he production figure. The irises are too light and the whites of the eyes too dark. So I'll likely have to do some surgery on mine and repaint them if I can.

All of this, and im just checking my junk 5 times a day to get my invoice, ordered within an hour of it going live... :gah:

It?s weird that he also seems to want other people, strangers no less, on the thread to talk him into liking it. Like some kind of strange reverse psychology thing.
Personally could not care less if that guy buys it, cancels it, displays it, or any of the above.
Not sure why he gets so jazzed about insulting it though.
Buy it or don?t buy it.

I dont want anyone to talk me into buying it. Keep making assumptions buddy. Its an open forum for the discussion of the figure, discussion doesnt only include praise. Its not my fault if people cant handle their favourite toy being criticised lmao.

Back