Asmus Toys Lord of the Ring Gandalf Gray

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Mine has arrived in LA from Taipei and should be heading to the east coast today. Can’t believe this figure is finally on it’s way.

my tracking now shows the same...the wait (now that i know it's stateside) will be excruciating!

You don't need to attack a person because they attacked the figure. That's the issue.

He doesn't like the figure, and you call him a clown. That's over the line.

That's the general problem here. We're here to discuss the figure, not each other. If you don't like someone's opinion, add the person to your ignore list and move on.

Nah, that?s not how it happened.
He insulted the figure, folks defended the figure, he said...those of you defending the figure have never seen an actual person or a persons eyes before, which was as an insult to those people since he knows that everyone here has obviously seen another person...and then folks insulted him back.
So, sorry, I?m relieving you of your duty of deciding what?s over the line.

Nah, that?s not how it happened.
He insulted the figure, folks defended the figure, he said...those of you defending the figure have never seen an actual person or a persons eyes before, which was as an insult to those people since he knows that everyone here has obviously seen another person...and then folks insulted him back.
So, sorry, I?m relieving you of your duty of deciding what?s over the line.

He's right you know :gandalf

Won't be getting mine until March! oh well I'll just smoke some hobbit weed to pass the time. It's nice day today by the way. Lol

Fantastic. Make sure to hire a professional photographer to take the initial pics or else risk the flaming arrows shot in your direction! :lol

I'll do my best to post some good shots. As good as I can get with an iPhone 11, anyway. I might even try using a tripod.

Well, preordered with Asmus for the Q3 release. Hopefully some board members will futz and pose and get some decent pics. Not to mention try a few mods to fix that derpy hat to assuage my fears of dropping that much on a figure.
Looking forward to the pics, people[emoji16]

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

Still waiting for my invoice. Hopefully it comes soon. Knowing that others that ordered the same time I did are having theirs arrive already is making me antsy.

Won't be getting mine until March! oh well I'll just smoke some hobbit weed to pass the time. It's nice day today by the way. Lol

April for my SSC order; got a final payment delay notice this morning *shrug*. Just gives me time to clear other POs.

And I own V1.

I haven't gotten any full invoice or shipping notice from Asmus either. From what I understand I managed to snag a Q1 release still. My brother ordered a Gimli at the same time too and waiting on an invoice from that as well. I'm expecting some movement this coming week!

Mine came Wednesday; for those concerned about whether or not the pipe would be included, no worries, it’s included. It’s actually stowed on one of the Wizard staffs, not in a compartment by itself.
I haven’t had time to futz with it, or set it up, hopefully next week. First impression is that it’s an excellent likeness, the hairing is very well done. The clothing is well done with good weathering/soiling along the bottom edges of the robes. The hat, sadly, is pretty sub-par. It sits too high on his head, even futzing can’t make the stock hat look right. I’m sure some cutting/modding would make it look a lot better.
I definitely need to water treat the beard to calm it down a bit when I get time.
One oddity; I imagine these were intended to be individually numbered, but my authenticity card was blank on the line where the number would be printed.
My apologies for the lousy phone pics of a straight out of the box figure.

65A4F984-8C5F-46DA-A59A-E3822FC24EBF.jpg
797A7654-60AB-4591-81FB-DB593540A15C.jpg
CB390137-B2F6-40A7-AC69-2FEE754D9031.jpg
79B60D18-AD67-46E2-8705-B7F53EFF3CA9.jpg
77EEA803-9CFF-4550-A1F3-784A1F1E370F.jpg
788C39E3-32B2-41F6-960E-1DEC70D882CF.jpg

Mine came Wednesday; for those concerned about whether or not the pipe would be included, no worries, it?s included. It?s actually stowed on one of the Wizard staffs, not in a compartment by itself.
I haven?t had time to futz with it, or set it up, hopefully next week. First impression is that it?s an excellent likeness, the hairing is very well done. The clothing is well done with good weathering/soiling along the bottom edges of the robes. The hat, sadly, is pretty sub-par. It sits too high on his head, even futzing can?t make the stock hat look right. I?m sure some cutting/modding would make it look a lot better.
I definitely need to water treat the beard to calm it down a bit when I get time.
One oddity; I imagine these were intended to be individually numbered, but my authenticity card was blank on the line where the number would be printed.
My apologies for the lousy phone pics of a straight out of the box figure.

View attachment 506625
View attachment 506627
View attachment 506628
View attachment 506629
View attachment 506630
View attachment 506631

Awesome! Thanks for sharing!

Thanks for the pictures!! At this point I shouldn't be surprised, but really great attention to detail by Asmus having a spot for the pipe in the staff. Probably why there was initial confusion over the pipe.

Here's Warlock664's properly oriented pic above of the head sculpt. Since I went to to trouble of doing this to get a better look figured I'd share.

crown gtg.jpg

Back