Asmus Toys Lord of the Ring Gandalf Gray

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I just want to hear about the head for V1 and figure I can get another hat too, at the same time. ASMUS how about some headsssssssss........
I would also really really love to get a Gandalf head for my V1. I have no problem to wait but they told us it will be nearly ready several times now...just want a time frame or even a "we changed our minds and wont do this" so I can stop waiting.

Sadly, I went through this once with the replacement Frodo head. Took many years to finally happen. It did happen, which I'm thankful for, but it took way too long.

I also wanted the replacement head for my v1 Gandalf... but now I think I'll just get the InArt Gandalf the Grey and be done with him.

I would, as well. It would take care of the eye issue, which is the biggest knock on the GtG sculpt.

Yeah, I idly wonder if the eyes could be filled, and then use decals. But re-using the new sculpt with different hair - heck, just sell it painted but bald, I'll add my own hair!

still waiting for my frodo head...
also they should just re-hair this new white figure head as a gray, and
sell it without the body.
many people would be ecstatic
I wonder if that could be the hold up on Asmus not offering the original GtG Crown sculpt separately yet? Maybe they felt this new version has the stronger likeness, so maybe this sculpt will be the one to get the separate release but with the GtG hair and beard?

I will say, I'm seeing more likeness in this new sculpt than the current InArt that we saw at the latest conventions. If Asmus were to use this new sculpt and it came out looking nice with the change to GtG, I could see myself canceling the InArt. As of right now, to me, the headsculpt with the better looking eyes is the only thing the InArt has going for it. The clothing is pretty comparable from what I've seen, even though InArt left out the thumbholes on the sleeves.

Last edited:
I will say it straight and again - If Asmus offers GtG heads with the new sculpt - eyes and paint app, I will buy it immediately. The likeliness is much, much better for me compared to InArt. I will not be ordering the GtW as my definitive Gandalf is grey, not white 😁.

I will say it straight and again - If Asmus offers GtG heads with the new sculpt - eyes and paint app, I will buy it immediately. The likeliness is much, much better for me compared to InArt. I will not be ordering the GtW as my definitive Gandalf is grey, not white 😁.
I'm starting to wonder if that is actually what's going to happen as they just mentioned in the GtW thread that they will be starting with that sculpt as a seperate item first. Have the factory ship out all the GtW heads before swapping over to GtG maybe? 🤔

I finally received the replacement hat. Idk. I kinda prefer my original hat.

OG

20221118_132310.jpg

New sculpted.

20221118_132232.jpg

It looks a little goofy to me.

Can you expound on that a little?
Just put the brim under running hot water for a bit - it should soften up so that you can adjust its form, then let it cool off. I used the water from my sink for this and was checking on it like every 10 seconds to see whether it did soften enough to allow me to reshape it and once I got it to how I wanted it to look, just let it sit aside for like 10 minutes. The hot water/hot air gun treatment is known to be used for fixing bent/out-of-shape plastic.
Hope that clears it up for you 😊

Forgive me if it's already been discussed but did I hear Asmus re-issuing a Gandalf the Grey head sculpt with the newer from Gandalf the White? Wasn't sure if I dreamt that, quite possibly 😅

Forgive me if it's already been discussed but did I hear Asmus re-issuing a Gandalf the Grey head sculpt with the newer from Gandalf the White? Wasn't sure if I dreamt that, quite possibly 😅
No they haven't said that but everyone here wants it to happen ;)

I can't see them ever selling the current GTG sculpt on it's own in it's current state; there's just too much negativity around it regarding the eyes, paint job and fluffy hair and beard!

No they haven't said that but everyone here wants it to happen ;)

I can't see them ever selling the current GTG sculpt on it's own in it's current state; there's just too much negativity around it regarding the eyes, paint job and fluffy hair and beard!
Ah interesting - I would love that to be case also. I'm actually quite fond of my Asmus Crown version despite the consensus but yeah would love that updated sculpt if it ever does happen 👌

Ah interesting - I would love that to be case also. I'm actually quite fond of my Asmus Crown version despite the consensus but yeah would love that updated sculpt if it ever does happen 👌
Yes the underlying sculpt is great, I think everyone agrees with that; it's just the above mentioned that drag it down.

The hair and beard look good once properly styled but a lot of people don't bother which makes the head look like a ball of cotton wool with a face poking out of it 😅

Back