Asmus Toys Lord of the Ring Gandalf Gray

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
This isn’t true at all. Asmus has only made it clear that they will not provide the hat without shipping with a seperate purchase. They clearly said that selling hats individually was not an option (because it will make people “angry”).

You and others have defended this decision by proclaiming that Asmus will actually ship this hat independently. But again, Asmus has not said this.

It’s amazing to me how many people think it’s unreasonable to expect a plan from a company on how to fix something that is their responsibility.
Then you missed that post ;)

Hey I'd love to be wrong. But I just went back and double checked and I don't see Asmus saying that they will make the hat available without a purchase. Can you quote the post? Or give me the post number so I can check it out?

This isn’t true at all. Asmus has only made it clear that they will not provide the hat without shipping with a seperate purchase. They clearly said that selling hats individually was not an option (because it will make people “angry”).

You and others have defended this decision by proclaiming that Asmus will actually ship this hat independently. But again, Asmus has not said this.

It’s amazing to me how many people think it’s unreasonable to expect a plan from a company on how to fix something that is their responsibility.
After reading the last 10 pages, Asmus must be laughing their ass off at you and your man-baby complaining. I certainly would be at the entitlement here......for a frigging hat.

Yeah yeah, you want to be right. Then congratulations you're right.

There, feel better now keyboard warrior ??

:ROFLMAO: :ROFLMAO: :ROFLMAO: :ROFLMAO: :ROFLMAO: :ROFLMAO: :ROFLMAO: :ROFLMAO: :ROFLMAO: :ROFLMAO: :ROFLMAO:

After reading the last 10 pages, Asmus must be laughing their ass off at you and your man-baby complaining. I certainly would be at the entitlement here......for a frigging hat.

Yeah yeah, you want to be right. Then congratulations you're right.

There, feel better now keyboard warrior ??

:ROFLMAO: :ROFLMAO: :ROFLMAO: :ROFLMAO: :ROFLMAO: :ROFLMAO: :ROFLMAO: :ROFLMAO: :ROFLMAO: :ROFLMAO: :ROFLMAO:
Your opinion is irrelevant.

Here's what Asmus said to this issue.

"We tried to give away items like this to the distributors or dealers before, unfortunately, it happens from time to time, the item will be "lost" before reaching to the collectors.

We cannot mail to all the buyers, because shipping has been a problem to us since the pandemic, it will cost more than 20 dollars to just ship one hat to USA. We cant really afford the man power and extra spending this may cost."

And

"We don't want to sell the hat as an individual piece, because there will be more unhappy customers if we try to sell this for money.

Gift with a purchase is only a quick way we can give to you for free, not forcing you to buy more things."

This seems pretty cut and dried that they have no plans - at least currently - to offer the hat without a purchase. They say in the above that sending it out without being tied to a purchase in not viable.

If I'm somehow wrong, they can easily clarify. I've asked them to. This was their response:

"If we sell the hate, people will be angry.

If we give it away and ask for shipping. People will be angry.

The only way to make people not angry, is to deliver to their door without any charges.

And this is what we do, but along with your other purchases."

Again, they say that the hat will only be available with other purchases.

Last edited:
@Landry this is one of them.
Don't know how they should make it more clearer. There are other similar posts. Just go back.

Then don't buy it.

I have been saying it from the start, this is only the first wave of our give away.
There will be more and more to come,
we are ready to make so many hats, that no one in the corner of this world who owns a GtG will miss out a wizard hat.

If this were all happening in a diner…

CUSTOMER 1: Excuse me… I ordered a hamburger. But the bun on this burger…

RESTAURANT: Yes?

CUSTOMER 1: It’s made of cardboard.

RESTAURANT: Ah yes. We had a problem in the kitchen and unfortunately the hamburger buns did not come out as we hoped.

CUSTOMER 1: Okay… but I can’t eat this. Can I get a bun?

RESTAURANT: Yes of course! We are preparing buns now, and we will deliver them with your pie!

CUSTOMER 1: Wait what…? I don’t want pie. Can I just have the bun? For the burger I already have?

RESTAURANT: No… I’m sorry. We cannot provide a bun directly to you. That would be impossible. But have no fear… we have plans to make many buns! So many that there will be buns everywhere!

CUSTOMER 1: So… I will get a bun for this hamburger? Without buying pie? I mean… at this point I’ll just pay for the bun if that helps.

RESTAURANT: No no no… again that is not possible. You must order the pie. Pie is the way.

CUSTOMER 1: Listen. I don’t want pie.

RESTAURANT: Bah! We knew people would be mad! But we wanted to make it right. But people are mad anyway!

CUSTOMER 1: I’m not mad… I just want to give you money so I can have the thing I already ordered and paid for. Can I just do that?

CUSTOMER 2: Hey… leave the restaurant alone!

CUSTOMER 1: What?

CUSTOMER 3: Yeah! You keep bullying the restaurant, they might never offer to sell us replacement hamburger buns again!

CUSTOMER 4: Right? So whiny!

CUSTOMER 1: I just want the bun I ordered. It’s pretty integral to the burger…

CUSTOMER 2: They said you’ll get one! They said there will be free buns for everyone!

CUSTOMER 1: They didn’t actually say that. They said I would have to buy pie-

CUSTOMER 3: So whiny!

CUSTOMER 4: It’s not a problem for me. I like pie! I ordered lots of pie!

CUSTOMER 1: None of this is helping…

CUSTOMER 2: So much complaining!

CUSTOMER 3: You can also just make your own bun using the recipe printed on the cardboard bun!

CUSTOMER 4: You’re acting so entitled!

CUSTOMER 1: You know what? I think I’ll just leave.

RESTAURANT: Another satisfied customer!
I thought about this analogy last night but didn't bother posting. 😆

@Landry this is one of them.
Don't know how they should make it more clearer. There are other similar posts. Just go back.
I read every post they wrote. I gave you exact quotes (including one from a deleted post they made). The post you are citing does not say that the hat will be distributed without purchase. When they say "giveaway" they mean WITH purchase. That's clear.

Asmus is active on this thread. All they have to do is confirm that the hat will be made available without a separate purchase - either for free or as it's own purchase - and that's that. But they said they will not offer the hat without purchase.

Again:

We cannot mail to all the buyers, because shipping has been a problem to us since the pandemic, it will cost more than 20 dollars to just ship one hat to USA. We cant really afford the man power and extra spending this may cost."

And

"We don't want to sell the hat as an individual piece, because there will be more unhappy customers if we try to sell this for money.

Your opinion is irrelevant.
As is yours.

However I can now see clearly why companies like Hot Toys offer no communication to their customers.

@Asmus keep up the great work and ignore the bitching here of the minority.

P.S I love the ignore function on this website. Goodbye whining man baby. Good luck with your hat....

Last edited:
@Landry for me, a giveaway is free.
They are clearly still figuring out how to manage this. Give them a break.
"Giveaway" in this context, means "with purchase". That's not a debatable point. They have made this clear. What you think it means doesn't affect what they have actually said.

If they don't hear from customers that their solution is not workable or acceptable for all who purchased their products, how are they going to know to accommodate?

How could they please everyone if you even think you have to purchase a giveaway?
You understand that this isn't a matter of what "I" think, right? They have stated that "giveaway" means "with purchase". Repeatedly.

Again:

And

And most importantly:

"If we sell the hate, people will be angry.

If we give it away and ask for shipping. People will be angry.

The only way to make people not angry, is to deliver to their door without any charges.

And this is what we do, but along with your other purchases."

As is yours.

However I can now see clearly why companies like Hot Toys offer no communication to their customers.

@Asmus keep up the great work and ignore the bitching here of the minority.

P.S I love the ignore function on this website. Goodbye whining man baby. Good luck with your hat....
LOL.

There is a deep and amusing irony that someone with a "Restore the Snyderverse" icon in their profile - a movement founded on loudly demanding that a corporation fix a broken product - is calling me a "manbaby" for - (checks notes) - asking a corporation to fix a broken product.

That level of disingenuity and incredible lack of self-awareness really says everything there needs to be said about you. Bye.

You understand that this isn't a matter of what "I" think, right? They have stated that "giveaway" means "with purchase". Repeatedly.

Again:

And

We have different understanding for the definition of a favour.

We have different understanding for the definition of a favour.
This isn't about our individual interpretations. The company has spelled it all out for us. For them, "giveaway" means "with purchase". That's it. They have said this. Clearly.

And if you are saying that the delivery of this hat is a "favor", I wholeheartedly disagree. They failed to deliver on the product they advertised. It's not a favor from them to correct that error.

Last edited:
Back