Asmus Toys Lord of the Ring Gandalf Gray

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
The hat is stuffed with foam and there's a piece of fabric sewn over covering the hole where the crown of then head goes in. The hat pretty much floats over the head. I'm pretty sure it's well know at this point . I took those out.

One other thing is the post to the mailbox on mine is terrible. It doesn't stay put and it constantly leaning or falling out. Anyone else have this problem?
Yeah I had to shave down the post (the part that fits into the hole) with a razor blade.

g114.jpg

g213.jpg

g314.jpg

g414.jpg

g512.jpg

g613.jpg

g713.jpg

g813.jpg

My second Gandalf has arrived. They are really not all the same ...

Crazy amount of difference between both! Maybe the later batch wasn’t rushed or it’s just natural variation due to the wool hair.

Crazy amount of difference between both! Maybe the later batch wasn’t rushed or it’s just natural variation due to the wool hair.
I noticed with my Thorins u get differences in the way the hair is applied and trimmed. I just hope I get one with hair I like. Whenever it gets here. *Sigh*. Nothing from SSC yet.

I noticed with my Thorins u get differences in the way the hair is applied and trimmed. I just hope I get one with hair I like. Whenever it gets here. *Sigh*. Nothing from SSC yet.
Sideshow can be so sloooow sometimes. I am sure it will be worth it though! :)

Isn’t that just the difference between brushing the beard hair and water treating it?
Good example of how versatile rooted hair can be to achieve different styles and recreates Gandalf’s increasingly grubby appearance in FOTR.

Isn’t that just the difference between brushing the beard hair and water treating it?
Good example of how versatile rooted hair can be to achieve different styles and recreates Gandalf’s increasingly grubby appearance in FOTR.

I gather that Pizza is showing two figures fresh from the box, and that the figures from Asmus have different levels of care put into the production.

I gather that Pizza is showing two figures fresh from the box, and that the figures from Asmus have different levels of care put into the production.
Well, you get that. Poly statues too. It's almost like you can feel the personality of the person who worked on your piece. Some workers seem have meticulous care and pride; others apparently are dying for a smoke break.:slap

Well, got the morning delay notice from SSC - PO pushed to September. I am REALLY glad I own version 1.:blissysmi

I don't mine the wait...as long as it looks like Pizza's newly acquired version 2:)
Ditto. Not that upset coz a Mando statue invoice came in unexpectedly - thought it wouldn't come in till fall, so that works. Just don't forget to send Sideshow their allotment, ASMUS!

I waited a long time for Thranduil as well, when I got him from BBTS.

Just got mine today, and unfortunately seems I got a bad head. The moustache has no any hair and looks pretty poor when comparing with other photos here...
WechatIMG301.jpeg

Back