Asmus Toys: Legolas @ The Battle of Helm's Deep

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I think it's important to remember that your opinion is subjective. It doesn't make it right or wrong, it just makes it your opinion.

And someone else having a different opinion doesn't make them automatically right or wrong. And it definitely doesn't mean they are a "shill."

People can spend hundreds of dollars on whatever they want. I personally think this looks like a pretty solid likeness.

Ultimately, your opinion ≠ fact.

Again I already explained how this line of thinking is wrong, not everything in life is subjective just because you choose to get offended by someone else's words. Just copy and paste the pictures next to each other with a picture of him in the movies and it's not hard to tell which has a better likeness. I really don't understand what's wrong with a lot of people here, you're probably the same ones trying to tell me how hot toys luke looks like mark hamill. I have news for you, it doesn't. It might be "good enough" for some of you, but it isn't for some of us. I love how the negativity police always have to chime in too, only positive comments are allowed, anything else needs to be shut down and silenced. Wrong, if you're allowed to say how good a bad likeness is, then I'm allowed to say it's bad. If you don't like it, block me, ignore me or get off the internet and find a safe space for yourself.

Again I already explained how this line of thinking is wrong, not everything in life is subjective just because you choose to get offended by someone else's words. Just copy and paste the pictures next to each other with a picture of him in the movies and it's not hard to tell which has a better likeness. I really don't understand what's wrong with a lot of people here, you're probably the same ones trying to tell me how hot toys luke looks like mark hamill. I have news for you, it doesn't. It might be "good enough" for some of you, but it isn't for some of us. I love how the negativity police always have to chime in too, only positive comments are allowed, anything else needs to be shut down and silenced. Wrong, if you're allowed to say how good a bad likeness is, then I'm allowed to say it's bad. If you don't like it, block me, ignore me or get off the internet and find a safe space for yourself.

"I'm whining irrationally about a toy on the internet, but it's everyone else who has something wrong with them."

Your argument is literally that your personal opinion is the objective truth and everyone else's opinion is wrong.

Last edited:

You want people to accept negative opinions, then start accepting positive opinions by yourself, too.

Equal rights?

Or, do like you said, just block all the positive comments ;)

I also think the likeness is not strong.
But if people like it, or think it's enough likeness to justify the price tag, why not? It's their right.

You want people to accept negative opinions, then start accepting positive opinions by yourself, too.

Equal rights?

Or, do like you said, just block all the positive comments ;)

I also think the likeness is not strong.
But if people like it, or think it's enough likeness to justify the price tag, why not? It's their right.

You hit the nail on the head. Very few of the sculpts do I think are 90% or closer. Most of them in my opinion are 75-80% likeness. But they are close enough for me and the weapons, outfits, and diorama bases are cool as hell and I'm glad to have them in my collection.

I don't forsee any other company delving into 1/6th LOTRs and even if they did they wouldn't have gone as deeply as Asmus has.

I can see voicing your displeasure about something and moving on but to keep coming into a thread just to bash is fruitless and borderline trolling. He’s done it to other companies as well

Last edited:
You hit the nail on the head. Very few of the sculpts do I think are 90% or closer. Most of them in my opinion are 75-80% likeness. But they are close enough for me and the weapons, outfits, and diorama bases are cool as hell and i’m glad to add them to my collection. I can see voicing your displeasure about something and moving on but to keep coming into a thread just to bash is fruitless and borderline trolling. He’s done it to other companies as well

Yes absolutely.

I mean look at this statue.
wonder.jpg
It costs 60 EUR. No accessories. No likeness.

For 100 EUR more you get this:
legolas.jpg

Sometimes I really don't know what some people are expecting.

I actually don't think you're a troll after this post, I think you're just stupid.

I guess you never bothered to visit the Gandalf thread where there was a TON of negative feedback and criticism, to the point that the Asmus rep just completely avoided the thread? I guess you never went in the Faramir or Boromir threads, plenty of criticisms there. Plenty of criticisms throughout this board actually, it's not just yes men. Apparently you need 100% lifelike or you're not happy, so speak with your wallet, don't buy, and leave the boards since you won't be an active collector.

The negativity police comment was asinine, there's plenty of it to go around, but again, it seems you want this place to be a complaint cesspool full of people like you who just want to ***** about everything. You're like the real life Comic Book Man from The Simpsons. Except that guy at least was smart enough to know his stuff, you on the other hand clearly see anything positive and think the whole board is just sunshine and rainbows.

Sorry about your microdick.

I actually don't think you're a troll after this post, I think you're just stupid.

I guess you never bothered to visit the Gandalf thread where there was a TON of negative feedback and criticism, to the point that the Asmus rep just completely avoided the thread? I guess you never went in the Faramir or Boromir threads, plenty of criticisms there. Plenty of criticisms throughout this board actually, it's not just yes men. Apparently you need 100% lifelike or you're not happy, so speak with your wallet, don't buy, and leave the boards since you won't be an active collector.

The negativity police comment was asinine, there's plenty of it to go around, but again, it seems you want this place to be a complaint cesspool full of people like you who just want to ***** about everything. You're like the real life Comic Book Man from The Simpsons. Except that guy at least was smart enough to know his stuff, you on the other hand clearly see anything positive and think the whole board is just sunshine and rainbows.

sub_zero_mk2.png

In light of Asmus announcing that there are no plans to release one, I introduce to you Gimli: The Battle of Helms Deep!
Just a quick laugh... its a little tight across the chest. [emoji23]
bd8725f562b9e47c9bc24ecb92a7f245.jpg

In light of Asmus announcing that there are no plans to release one, I introduce to you Gimli: The Battle of Helms Deep!
Just a quick laugh... its a little tight across the chest. [emoji23]
bd8725f562b9e47c9bc24ecb92a7f245.jpg

Just brilliant mate! Asmus should take note of your Helm's Deep Gimli hahaha

I?ve never seen blind praise on here for Asmus, criticisms are made, so no idea what all this talk about ?negative police? is?

The reason why Asmus is liked here is because they are a company who are clearly passionate about what they do and they continue to take on feedback and improve their products. That earns alot of respect amongst collectors. They don?t have to do any of that, they?re a business, they?ll sell toys regardless, but they have so far retained a good relationship with their customers.

Hi Asmus,
I have an inquiry about this new Legolas sculpt.
Do you plan on having the new half-rooted sculpt available individually for a collector who would like to upgrade their Legolas figure without buying a whole new one?

Thanks

Hi Asmus,
I have an inquiry about this new Legolas sculpt.
Do you plan on having the new half-rooted sculpt available individually for a collector who would like to upgrade their Legolas figure without buying a whole new one?

Thanks

Hi, As I know we have no plan to release his head sculpt separately this time. I will recommend you to pre-order this edition if you really like Legolas this character. Thank you for your inquiry.

Hi, As I know we have no plan to release his head sculpt separately this time. I will recommend you to pre-order this edition if you really like Legolas this character. Thank you for your inquiry.

I wish Legolas came with two heads like HD Aragorn. I definitely want to and am supporting the line but I’m in the opposite camp now. With HD Aragorn I have two heads but only one Aragorn and with Legolas I will have two bodies but only one new head.

Lol damn did I strike a nerve. Of course I've seen negative comments, but they're always shut down or drowned out unless it's something pretty serious and universally hated by most. The only thing asinine here is you, I can tell you're from jersey because you have to resort to saying things like microdick and the fact that you actually put your preorders in your signature like a ****ing loser, no one cares what you ordered lmao. The headsculpt still doesn't look like legolas.

Lol damn did I strike a nerve. Of course I've seen negative comments, but they're always shut down or drowned out unless it's something pretty serious and universally hated by most. The only thing asinine here is you, I can tell you're from jersey because you have to resort to saying things like microdick and the fact that you actually put your preorders in your signature like a ****ing loser, no one cares what you ordered lmao. The headsculpt still doesn't look like legolas.

I’m not going to attack you at all. It is quite apparent that you don’t like the products that Asmus Toys makes. So why do you keep coming in these threads just to trash them? The majority of us who collect LOTRs by Asmus know they aren’t perfect. We all have our own issues with their releases. But we accept or over look some of the minor problems because we love LOTRs and they’ve went so deep into this line where as no one else had an interest in it. There are a lot of things I see on this site that I may not particularly care for. I may make a comment but that is about it and I move on. I and I imagine others just don’t understand why if you don’t like the product why not just stay out of the conversation and not comment?

Back